or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1086

post #16276 of 20252
To follow up on my previous post, here are some photos of my fifth pair of Vass shoes. They are the River model, with the addition of heel counter seams, in brown museum calf. Once again, K last, in G fitting, double to single leather soles and flush metal toe taps:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


When worn (trousers are H.Lesser 13 ozs 29706): Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

My second pair of Vass shoes. U Last adelaide oxfords in brown musuem calf. Soles are double to single leather, with flush metal toe taps: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



post #16277 of 20252
I understand the use of spoilers when qoting the posts of others in order to avoid an enldess repetition of the same photo sequence, but why the heck do people spoiler their own posts?
post #16278 of 20252
Love that Adelaide.
post #16279 of 20252
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonWave View Post

To follow up on my previous post, here are some photos of my fifth pair of Vass shoes. They are the River model, with the addition of heel counter seams, in brown museum calf. Once again, K last, in G fitting, double to single leather soles and flush metal toe taps: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


When worn (trousers are H.Lesser 13 ozs 29706): Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

My second pair of Vass shoes. U Last adelaide oxfords in brown musuem calf. Soles are double to single leather, with flush metal toe taps: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Nice pair of shoes, but more importantly nice photo of Francis Urquhart, you cant beat the original.

post #16280 of 20252
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I understand the use of spoilers when qoting the posts of others in order to avoid an enldess repetition of the same photo sequence, but why the heck do people spoiler their own posts?

Look who's complaining now.

The pictures I try to post are very large when they show up on the thread. Since I wanted to preface the photos with descriptions, the spoilers help to group the photos together. I find spoilers helpful when I am reading off my phone and figured that may feel the same way, even if others may be bent on finding fault with anything I post.
post #16281 of 20252
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonWave View Post



Look who's complaining now.



The pictures I try to post are very large when they show up on the thread. Since I wanted to preface the photos with descriptions, the spoilers help to group the photos together. I find spoilers helpful when I am reading off my phone and figured that may feel the same way, even if others may be bent on finding fault with anything I post.

 



We shall approach equivalence after my 7th or 8th multi-paragraph post complaining about the same thing - provided that I then cross-pollinate my complaint over one or two additional threads.

As for the rest, feel free to do as you please. I don't really understand hiding pics of Vass shoes that are posted for the first time on a Vass appreciation thread, but I don't really need to.

There, that's two now.
post #16282 of 20252
warning, lots of photos and no spolier
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

44.5f r last vs 45f f last valways @Akeem

f last fits true to size, while r last tts fits big everywhere, particularly across the ball, heel and instep. so after i sized down 1/2 down on the r last from f last the fit was great except it could be a touch wider. so comparing an 44.5 r vs a 45 f:

f last is a little longer
r last has more generous instep
r last heel is looser
r last feels a touch narrow after a long day

if i were to reorder the r last i would still size down 1/2 but add a width. or maybe even go tts but go with a narrow width (e) to keep an elongated sleek look. the big problem there would be an instep thats far too generous









@danielyam hey if f last already fits, go mto and go up a width
Edited by NAMOR - 8/11/15 at 12:27pm
post #16283 of 20252
also while we are on the subject of boots I much prefer the look of double dainite and double leather to haf sole
post #16284 of 20252
NAMOR, I tried on the R last for the first time this past weekend and found it a bit too big overall in my standard F last size (43). I'd like to try it at a half size down if I get the opportunity.
post #16285 of 20252
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

also while we are on the subject of boots I much prefer the look of double dainite and double leather to haf sole
Yes sir my next boots will have double leather sole or double Dainite smile.gif
post #16286 of 20252
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

NAMOR, I tried on the R last for the first time this past weekend and found it a bit too big overall in my standard F last size (43). I'd like to try it at a half size down if I get the opportunity.

yeah that sounds like my experience as well. i think once you figure out the sizing, youll love it. one thing i really like about the r last is that it truly is vass' most "english" last. the r last has the sloping toe and sleek contours. by contrast the f last and p2 last have slightly bulbous and elevated toes and high side walls across the ball. you can observe this in the side views of the boots. its an important distinction because its crucial to choose the correct last when ripping off the design of an eg boot and even calling it a similar name biggrin.gif
post #16287 of 20252
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Yes sir my next boots will have double leather sole or double Dainite smile.gif

you and me both (high five)
post #16288 of 20252
does anyone have any IRL photos of Vass green suede??

I'm trying to nail down my next MTO from the following possibilities

1) green suede chukka boot, P2 last, goyser welt

2) oxblood dub monk, U last

3) this exact boot (does anyone here own it)



Would it be risky to have my first U Last shoe be a bal ankle boot?
post #16289 of 20252
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post

I am not usually a big pix guy (mostly for technological reasons) but these new guys from NMWA made me go the extra mile



icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

@peppercorn78 . There's a few using Google images as well in various lighting. With your wide fitting, probably safer sticking to P2. Maybe an extra wide U a half size up would work.

post #16290 of 20252
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

3) this exact boot (does anyone here own it)
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Would it be risky to have my first U Last shoe be a bal ankle boot?

 

   I hope you work the sizing out and go for the ankle boot.   That's schweet.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)