Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 12/7/16 at 12:36pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Yesterday at 11:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1064post #15946 of 202747/16/15 at 7:07pmpost #15947 of 202747/16/15 at 7:15pmpost #15948 of 202747/16/15 at 8:13pmpost #15949 of 202747/16/15 at 8:36pmpost #15950 of 202747/16/15 at 8:54pmpost #15951 of 202747/17/15 at 12:00amQuote:
Allow me to clarify, as poor communication on my part has led to faulty takeaways of Vass, and, perhaps, myself.
I asked Vass (with no mention of NMWA, or any other retailer) if they would ship direct to new customers...they said they would. HOWEVER, they strongly recommended a new customer utilize a retailer (they mentioned NMWA with no prompting) to get a proper idea for fit. Though this could be a misinterpretation on my end, nowhere did I explicitly or implicitly get the idea from Vass to size Vass up via NMWA, and return the wares in order to go direct, with knowledge of what would work. I 100% assumed (and hope this to be true) the message was buy from a retailer (NMWA, in this case), understand what fits you, and then place future orders directly if the mood strikes.
If anything, this would speak highly in my mind to both the integrity of Vass and the partnership between the two businesses.
I can only say I sincerely hope this is not a common (or even infrequent) occurrence for NMWA. That would be shit form from a customer through and through. If done, I would hope there are steps taken (though this seems rather difficult) to prevent said "customers" from making future purchases.
I hope this clarifies, and alleviates any consternation caused by assumptions and lack of clarity.post #15952 of 202747/17/15 at 1:11amThat would bullshit if people did that. NMWA offers great products and pieces and for people to abuse their free shipping both ways is just absolutely wrong.
I know when I was first buying my Vass from NMWA what attracted me was the price, instant satisfaction, and knowing that if I was a 1/2 too big or small there was one in inventory to buy. I had every intention of buying a shoe, not attempting to get the right fit on someone elses dime. So wrong.post #15953 of 202747/17/15 at 3:54amThanks guys. We can move on from this topic. It's part of the business to have a small number of people abuse the system... It isn't the end of the world - the vast majority of customers are honest and don't take us for a ride. It wouldn't be that way if Vass had a more logical and better thought out pricing system for its retail and wholesale business - this is what encourages people to jump through hoops to save some bucks. If I wasn't such a big supporter of Vass from way before opening a store, we would have moved on like all the other U.S. retailers. It's virtually impossible to make money on Vass, and at the same time, I regularly have to read here how we gouge prices... Sigh....
Moving on to Vass pron pics?post #15954 of 202747/17/15 at 4:07ampost #15955 of 202747/17/15 at 6:29amAn update on my Vass alt weins, the scar is just too visible for me to live with and every time I put them on I'll be worried about it. I've gone the return route, and as such, I have been offered a new pair from Vass. I'm thinking about changing the makeup though to either a boot or a double monk. What would be good lasts for the boot? P2? And the double monk?post #15956 of 202747/17/15 at 6:33ampost #15957 of 202747/17/15 at 6:43ampost #15958 of 202747/17/15 at 9:20ampost #15959 of 202747/17/15 at 9:24am
Planning on going with U last Captoe in Oxblood for my next order, and was hoping to get some advice on sizing. I know most people size up for U last but I have narrow feet (9.5B/C) and I feel like I could have sized down to a 42 for the P2 so I'm thinking of just getting 42.5 in the U last.post #15960 of 202747/17/15 at 11:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Nik Telford
Planning on going with U last Captoe in Oxblood for my next order, and was hoping to get some advice on sizing. I know most people size up for U last but I have narrow feet (9.5B/C) and I feel like I could have sized down to a 42 for the P2 so I'm thinking of just getting 42.5 in the U last.
If you feel that 42 on P2 would work, 42.5 U may work for you.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 21 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 24 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 30 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL!!!! Foreigners Tell Others How To Run Their Country Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...