I do not see anything at all in pic 1 &2. I would not be much concern much about pic 3 (I could live with that).....but it is up to you.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues RARE SIZE 38.5 U last with lasted trees and toe taps! very... Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 11:13 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 2/22/17 at 2:31pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1037post #15541 of 207376/18/15 at 2:58pmpost #15542 of 207376/18/15 at 3:04pmPic 1 I think it is the reflection on the photograph, it is a 3/4 inch scratch sort of in the middle of the Pic. Pic two the sole is just a bit rough on the side.
I really just don't know if these imperfections are to be expected or not. If they are expected, that's fine, i get it. If they are not expected, i would speak up.post #15543 of 207376/18/15 at 3:08pmpost #15544 of 207376/18/15 at 3:09pmpost #15545 of 207376/18/15 at 3:23pmpost #15546 of 207376/18/15 at 3:41pmIf you paid full price and these are not seconds I personally would not be happy with that scratch in new shoes. But that's just me, but some times stuff happens but if you buy again & it happens again I would seriously reconsider. May I ask were did you get them from? Just asking because I myself placed an order now wondering. Because two people have complained.post #15547 of 207376/18/15 at 4:12pmpost #15548 of 207376/18/15 at 10:34pmpost #15549 of 207376/19/15 at 2:55amThese are handmade shoes, and very reasonably priced for handmade shoes. Imperfection is perfection.
I think you've got to live with those sort of issues - I see nothing that can't be cured with a decent polish and a walk of a couple of miles.
Edit to add - unless the leather has cracked at the welt. That should be fixed.
Edited by SimonC - 6/19/15 at 5:32ampost #15550 of 207376/19/15 at 5:22ampost #15551 of 207376/19/15 at 6:06amQuote:
It's Cordovan antic cognac.
Markings on the soles don't concern me. Within 10 steps outside the soles will be marked far beyond what the factory did.post #15552 of 207376/19/15 at 7:57amQuote:
That's why I asked for confirmation on what the last photo (which is really quite dark on my screen) actually shows. If the leather is cracking at the welt, I'd return the shoes. The rest of the issues wouldn't be much of a concern to me.post #15553 of 207376/19/15 at 8:23amScratch will go away with some leather creme. Pic 2 is fine. Pic 3 idk if it's a leather crack, or just a crease or what. Should be fine if it's just a crease.
Lol at the guy complaining about a scratch that will literally fix itself on its own, and the guy who compared Vass to John Lobb. Hold on while I go compare my 30k 3 series to a 70k M3.post #15554 of 207376/19/15 at 8:29ampost #15555 of 207376/19/15 at 1:09pmGot replacements for the size 44 ones which violently tried to dismember my toes ;-)
These are size 44.5 and feels great. Might need to pad up the tongue sometime though as the instep is quite generous on the U. Also went from metal toe taps to rubber ones as I don't want to vandalize any indoors floor surfaces.
Speaking of Q check issues: they forgot THE WHOLE HEEL COUNTER on these Old English plains!
But I quite like the seamless heel so they are keepers.
Pictures taken at 9.50 PM in the swedish midsummer night so no direct sunlight on the oxblood calf.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1512 Active Users (284 Members and 1228 Guests)
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 10 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 11 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 16 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...