or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1030

post #15436 of 20259

Nice suede Junior!

 

Somebody should grab those cognac shell Budapesters, like yesterday.

post #15437 of 20259
These arrived yesterday. P3 last, Oxblood calf, London model. I wanted something more casual to wear with odd trousers and perhaps even jeans. Ordered in the Budapest shop, it took just under five weeks to be delivered to US. Cost was 128000 HUF (~$477) including shipping, trees, and Topy. Regarding fit: I have a wide foot, so F- and U- last were completely out of the question. In terms of width, P3 last and 3636 last both were wide enough, but P3 was better for me as I felt 3636 was too roomy in the ankles.

post #15438 of 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbers View Post

These arrived yesterday. P3 last, Oxblood calf, London model. I wanted something more casual to wear with odd trousers and perhaps even jeans. Ordered in the Budapest shop, it took just under five weeks to be delivered to US. Cost was 128000 HUF (~$477) including shipping, trees, and Topy. Regarding fit: I have a wide foot, so F- and U- last were completely out of the question. In terms of width, P3 last and 3636 last both were wide enough, but P3 was better for me as I felt 3636 was too roomy in the ankles.

Very nice! Out of curiosity, what size did you take? And how does it compare to other brands?

I have wide feet as well.
post #15439 of 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post
 

More pics later, and yes it's a bit of a "mental" experiment to put such a shoe on the blobby P2 last rather than the F.  But I rather enjoy a heavier-looking dress shoe as an option; it's a personal style thing.  They do fit a tad large though (size 43) so I might have to move them on.  Will ponder.

 

In the mean time, here's an F last semi-dress shoe.  Or rather, short boot: grey Radica calf and black suede.

 

Oh my, that grey is majestic!

post #15440 of 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

Oh my, that grey is majestic!
Dam very good color combo would pick that over black shoes. Too many black shoes.
post #15441 of 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Very nice! Out of curiosity, what size did you take? And how does it compare to other brands?

I have wide feet as well.

The Vass are size 44. In my opinion I'm slightly wider than a US 11 E. Allen Edmonds 11E in the narrow lasts like the 5 and the 222 are too snug on me, but the roomier lasts can work for me.
post #15442 of 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbers View Post

The Vass are size 44. In my opinion I'm slightly wider than a US 11 E. Allen Edmonds 11E in the narrow lasts like the 5 and the 222 are too snug on me, but the roomier lasts can work for me.
why not order a wider width in any of the other lasts?
post #15443 of 20259

How is Vass' suede?

post #15444 of 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

How is Vass' suede?

There was a great picture on IG that made me want to buy a pair then I realized I have a single monk on order from them
post #15445 of 20259

might have to check it out

post #15446 of 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

How is Vass' suede?

Great question; would love to hear people's thoughts.
post #15447 of 20259
Hi,

I think it's nice! Admittedly mine is a leather shoe with some suede but nice to touch and a good colour.
post #15448 of 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post
 

How is Vass' suede?

 

Good to great.  The thing I noticed when I was in the shop was how much their stuff varies.  To be clear, it's all good.  But as a smaller maker, they do have erratic supply from various brokers and tanneries.  When I was ordering, they had some fabulously hairy full-thickness "proper" suede there in most colours.  People often remark on how their suede looks rougher than some others, but that's the real deal as far as I'm concerned. However, I noticed that the black suede they had was thinner with a shorter nap, and I liked it less.  It was just a matter of availability.

post #15449 of 20259
Interestingly enough, it seems like the vast majority of customers prefer the flatter, thinner, shorter nap. We've even had a customer return a pair of suede shoes saying there was a quality issue with the suede (too thick of a nap!). It was a beautiful suede
post #15450 of 20259

Yes, I can see where you're coming from: the stuff I liked could be considered quite ragged, I suppose.  But I liked how thick and fleshy it felt; a really lovely piece of full-grain leather whichever way round it was going to be used.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)