or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1021

post #15301 of 20222

Yes, the antique cognac DMs are U! The black ones are K.

 

 

 

post #15302 of 20222

New pair of Vass arrived today. Nothing outrageous, dark brown museum OEII. Happy with them.

 

 

 

post #15303 of 20222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinband View Post
 

New pair of Vass arrived today. Nothing outrageous, dark brown museum OEII. Happy with them.

 

 

 

Is it typical for Vass to sew on the toe cap askew?

post #15304 of 20222

LOL. not unheard of.

post #15305 of 20222
Think that might be parallax error
post #15306 of 20222
It's Vass' trademark.
post #15307 of 20222

What is it called? It is a feature of the handwelted shoe. Every shoe is unique.

post #15308 of 20222

Ah, I just spotted that!

post #15309 of 20222
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post

It's Vass' trademark.

Sarcasm or no sarcasm? and in a good way or bad way?

 

If I received shoes like that, I wouldn't be happy :[ Is it legitimate enough a concern to VASS to send them back? Or is it something you can request special attention to when making the order?

post #15310 of 20222
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakv View Post

Sarcasm or no sarcasm? and in a good way or bad way?

If I received shoes like that, I wouldn't be happy :[ Is it legitimate enough a concern to VASS to send them back? Or is it something you can request special attention to when making the order?
Unfortunately the latter. Although, personally I've handled multiple pair of Vass shoes and none of them have featured an askewed cap toe except one, which was bought from a retailer and not directly by Vass (not that it matters, but still worth pointing out). But I've seen this problem on multiple pairs, some of them in this thread.

I'm sure you could request extra attention. And I'm fairly sure that Vass would replace them for you if you pointed it out. Vass is usually a pleasure to deal with.
post #15311 of 20222

Gents,

 

A couple more close up pics. Think it looks awful? Jet lag is ruining my vision.

 

I can always email Rezso, he is great to deal with...

 

 

post #15312 of 20222
Originally Posted by Gavinband View Post
 

Gents,

 

A couple more close up pics. Think it looks awful? Jet lag is ruining my vision.

 

I can always email Rezso, he is great to deal with...

 

 

Well, it is not that bad to me.  I would wear them if it´s a hassle for you to replace them (better option).

post #15313 of 20222

I have sent the pics to Rezso. I am pretty sure if there is something up or I am not happy that I can send them back via fedex on the Vass account. The colour is lovely though!

post #15314 of 20222

Not something I'd personally bother with, particularly after they crease a bit.

post #15315 of 20222

It's up to you really. Personally I wouldn't mind it as leather is quite forgiving once you wear them. Creases will form and it won't be as noticeable.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)