Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 1/8/17 at 5:31am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 12/22/16 at 4:33am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1004post #15046 of 205395/12/15 at 9:26pmpost #15047 of 205395/12/15 at 9:27pmpost #15048 of 205395/12/15 at 9:52pmpost #15049 of 205395/13/15 at 12:20ampost #15050 of 205395/13/15 at 4:16am
Self inflicted torture. Last week I ordered a calf belt and just asked for it to be shipped with my next order. The very next day, the Osloer was ready. So I think it is shipping today with a belt.
Speaking of belts, when restocked, the Farnese Cognac belt is a nearly perfect match to Vass' Antique Cognac.post #15051 of 205395/13/15 at 7:01am
I have just received this package from Vass. I couldn't be more pleased. The total time took about 9 weeks, 2 weeks longer than expected. And shipping overall took about 4 days.
The shade of dark brown on this pair is just sublime. I've applied a bit of polish before taking this picture. Decided to go with another simple design but with a swan neck to add something interesting. Even managed to get a few compliments from passers by whilst taking the picture. I'm looking forward to wear it and polish it more and believe that it'll age well.
Single lock briefcase in dark brown to match the pair of oxfords.
Dark brown suede penny loafers in F last for a lighter look that suits the warmer days so well.post #15052 of 205395/13/15 at 7:07ampost #15053 of 205395/13/15 at 7:44ampost #15054 of 205395/13/15 at 8:15ampost #15055 of 205395/13/15 at 8:30ampost #15056 of 205395/13/15 at 8:30amQuote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
Anyone know if Vass has brown shell cordovan that leans towards the cooler side of the color spectrum? That is, any brown shell that doesn't have a hint of red in it?
Cigar sometimes looks like a neutral mid- to dark-brown in some photos, but in others, it seems a bit warm.
Here's what they showcased in the store this Monday. The center one is a brown shell I believe.post #15057 of 205395/13/15 at 8:41amQuote:
Hi Sammy! Here is the comparison: 44.5 F-last (grey museum) vs a derby brogue in P2 size 43.5. The size difference didn't seem to surprise the nice elderly lady who helped me out. On the contrary she explained that it was quite common to size down from S, U and F to the P2. The P2 43.5 was a tight fit so I might actually need a 43.75 - at least in a P2 oxford shoepost #15058 of 205395/13/15 at 8:43ampost #15059 of 205395/13/15 at 8:48ampost #15060 of 205395/13/15 at 8:49amQuote:
I was mainly referring to aesthetics when I said it didn't work for me. Sizing is probably spot on a corresponding to a U-last shoe but it seems longer and that didn't look good to me as I have a large size to start with....
The reddish one on top is the S-last, the lower brown museum one is U-last.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › Common Projects Achilles Low - Light Grey (Size 43) (brand new,... 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 11 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › First nice pair of shoes 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...