That osloer is badass. I wanted to get one too with a similar makeup but I can't decide what shade - I have enough boots of every color!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 4:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 5:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 999post #14972 of 200435/9/15 at 11:11ampost #14973 of 200435/9/15 at 12:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
oh right that was a beauty. nice shade too... youve got one hell of a collection and in the nice colors too..
the osloer in the u last has an appeal to me but again u last looks off in larger sizes. someone posted it here a few years ago, and kuti mentioned it as well that u last was designed for the japanese market in size 39-42. its no surprise that the larger sizes look offQuote:
Thanks! I don't have a huge boot rotation, but do try to mix in and limit it to a variety of colors and patterns. Hell, I could end up with a rainbow of calf and shell Osloers alone.
I prefer how everything just flows with the Osloer, but I'd certainly wear a Norweger as well. Don't you have a mixed scotch grain version? stmaier has the nice brown museum one...his burgundy cap toe got me thinking about a similar F version.post #14974 of 200435/9/15 at 5:00pmpost #14975 of 200435/9/15 at 5:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Shouldaville
Phew...happy to get one of the last from this batch.
Yes, the F will be a boot. 43.25 would probably be perfect for me on F calf, so 43 shell should work out well. I have no Color 8 (), and one of the Vass IG photos pushed me over the edge. I may look at the chisel for a calf shoe once I recover from these.
You're a 43.5 in F lasted calf boots? What's your size in F lasted calf shoes? 43? Someone mentioned that Vass boots seem to be a half size larger versus their shoes in the same size.post #14976 of 200435/9/15 at 5:59pmQuote:
Can those that take half sizes in Vass let me know how you find the shoe trees a half size smaller fitting? I can't imagine the fit being ideal. Would it be better to take a shoe tree a half size larger?post #14977 of 200435/9/15 at 6:13pmQuote:
I seem to be in between. I have 43 in F shoes and chukkas, but they can be a little snug at times. 43.5 in shoes are a little too big. 43.5 in a calf oxford boot actually worked fine with medium socks. A 43 shell boot should be perfect. My 43 shell P2 boot is roomy, but I don't think I'd size down.
I've had 43 trees for 43.5 P2, U and F, and the fit is solid.post #14978 of 200435/9/15 at 8:39pmpost #14979 of 200435/9/15 at 9:47pm
Me ordered a pair of Espresso shell double monks for casual wear, the color is fantastic, perhaps the best shell color I prefer and dare I say the best of almost any shell producing tannery, quite similar to C&J Brown Shell. But shell production as you know is a fickle thing and I dun go all out to endorse a particular shade as it varies from batch to batch.
Like I mentioned before, the S last looks much better when you wear them than in photos so you probably don't see alot of photos of it as they turn people off. As mimo said, they are Tricker-ish in looks and he is correct. They work better size 44 and up while the Italian last look nicer in smaller sizes.
According to Reszo, new last will be coming in fall. They said they are always working on something new. I am not entirely sure if it is going to be a chisel toe or not.post #14980 of 200435/9/15 at 10:01pmpost #14981 of 200435/9/15 at 10:05pmpost #14982 of 200435/9/15 at 10:07pmpost #14983 of 200435/9/15 at 10:42pmQuote:
I agree that cordovan looks especially good on Norwegers, but for me, especially the way how calf (and scottsgrain) ages, there is just no comparison. Calf wins 10/10 times.
But THAT makeup as a boot would be awesome. How come I haven't thought that? It would be perfect with semi casual/ casual out fit...post #14984 of 200435/10/15 at 12:14amQuote:I'm a size 41,5 in U and have had both size 41 and 42 shoe trees in my shoes. I would definitely recommend going down 1/2 size instead of up. The 1/2 size bigger shoe trees stretched my shoes to the extent that the facings were almost overlapping and causing gaps around the ankle. Attached are pictures of my frequently used 4 years old Vass shoes featuring 1/2 size smaller shoe trees.post #14985 of 200435/10/15 at 12:37pmDoes anyone have experience with the P2 last in both boot and blucher form?
If so, have you found that the P2 last is a half size bigger in the boots than the bluchers?
This seems to be the case with NMWA's current high boots, but I'm not sure if it's true across the board. I spoke with Parker and he found his P2 size to be the same in both boot and blucher models.
Thinking about placing a special order for P2 boots and just want to be sure of sizing.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 9 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 12 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 15 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 17 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 21 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 30 minutes ago
- › Suit tailor in Kuala Lumpur 38 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 40 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 40 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones Bradford Cordovan Dark Brown 10E UK 40 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...