or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 100

post #1486 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat View Post
From my limited experience, Vass cordovans tend to fit 1/2 to a full size larger than their calf counterparts of identical size. I believe that David recently experienced this as well with his double-monks. YMMV.

The Vass shell cordovans definitely do run large and are variable in how large they run. Some for me fit fine right off the bat while others have needed an insole or a tongue pad and then fit well. Never any guarantees with handmade shoes unfortunately, but they do seem to hit the mark the large majority of the time thank goodness.
post #1487 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyare View Post
New acquisition.

Unrelated, but I've been sort of eyeing a similar model put out by Balint: http://www.balint.at/pictures/zoom/0656fh.jpg
post #1488 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
The Vass shell cordovans definitely do run large and are variable in how large they run. Some for me fit fine right off the bat while others have needed an insole or a tongue pad and then fit well. Never any guarantees with handmade shoes unfortunately, but they do seem to hit the mark the large majority of the time thank goodness.

Did kolecho mention anything about this? He has quite a few cordo and was wondering if he advised you on sizing at all.
post #1489 of 20267
theyare: Thank you for sharing. They are beautiful. It confirms that I have made the right decision with my most recent order (same shoe in oxblood).
post #1490 of 20267
Love that norweger high boot - a norweger chukka in suede has been on my permanent "to buy" list. I don't wear high boots very often but I'll wear chukkas all the time, year round.
post #1491 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17 View Post
Did kolecho mention anything about this? He has quite a few cordo and was wondering if he advised you on sizing at all.

Kolecho advised to still stick with your size as they start out roomy and mold to your feet. Sounds like Medtech got one a bit too big which is unfortunate. Just be prepared with a Tacco insole and tongue pad when they come in! :^)

Whoa. Just realized this is post #2000 for me. True Geekdom here I come!
post #1492 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Love that norweger high boot - a norweger chukka in suede has been on my permanent "to buy" list. I don't wear high boots very often but I'll wear chukkas all the time, year round.
Thanks and totally agree on the versatility of Chukkas. Perhaps that's why I have three pairs which is probably way more than I need!
post #1493 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17 View Post
That complicates matters!

i remember from an older post of oshinex that they have a certified measuring kit.

i'm just wondering, why "nobody" uses this effective tool???
post #1494 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17 View Post
What else?

as long as the fit of the last is right for you, every one should own an authentic budapester once in his life. unfortunately, i don't have one either...
post #1495 of 20267
Well the F last fits me to a T - no break in period, no nothing; absolutely perfect, so i'm contemplating a major purchase in F.
post #1496 of 20267
London Chukka in Dark Brown shell cordovan with natural soles with topy and 360 Goyser welt on the P2 last with an HAF sole. Fun!
post #1497 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Love that norweger high boot - a norweger chukka in suede has been on my permanent "to buy" list. I don't wear high boots very often but I'll wear chukkas all the time, year round.

+1
post #1498 of 20267
Gorgeous chukkas, Slewfoot.
post #1499 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
London Chukka in Dark Brown shell cordovan with natural soles with topy and 360 Goyser welt on the P2 last with an HAF sole. Fun!




chukka + natural sole + goyser =
post #1500 of 20267
Wow slew, those are epic - you should post an entire colleciton shot.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)