Looks like Vass is overtaking the glory of a EG styles!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 5:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 12/2/16 at 6:52pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 981post #14702 of 202594/24/15 at 6:40ampost #14703 of 202594/24/15 at 7:22ampost #14704 of 202594/24/15 at 7:33ampost #14705 of 202594/24/15 at 7:35ampost #14706 of 202594/24/15 at 8:30amQuote:
Thanks Sammy, grc. I posted one to IG this week, but with just a few family and friends following, I can't let them on to all of my addictions!post #14707 of 202594/24/15 at 9:41ampost #14708 of 202594/24/15 at 12:17pmQuote:
Thanks Don! Seen many beautifully polished Vass in oxblood and hoping to bring out that great deep dark reddish hue with time and lots of handwork ;-)Quote:
I know the feeling! The mrs had to receive these while I was on the other side of the world on business. Worth the wait, I tell you! Good luck and enjoy yours!Quote:Originally Posted by Sammy - Ascot
Great pair of shoes - Oxblood calf can be deceiving indoor and outdoors, making it very versatile for weekend and weekday wear.
From a distance it's black and close up indoors it's a deep Bordeaux colour.
From a consistently level, the colour very consistent. Colour hardly varies as we been sourcing from the
same tannery for years.
Thanks for the clarification Sammy! I am wondering about your relationship with Vass Budapest, are you like related or business partners or what?post #14709 of 202594/25/15 at 5:37amQuote:Originally Posted by anzo
Thanks Don! Seen many beautifully polished Vass in oxblood and hoping to bring out that great deep dark reddish hue with time and lots of handwork ;-)
I know the feeling! The mrs had to receive these while I was on the other side of the world on business. Worth the wait, I tell you! Good luck and enjoy yours!
Thanks for the clarification Sammy! I am wondering about your relationship with Vass Budapest, are you like related or business partners or what?
Anzo, great post on your Instagram page for #Vassweek
We have been working with Vass since 2008.post #14710 of 202594/25/15 at 6:04ampost #14711 of 202594/25/15 at 6:37ampost #14712 of 202594/25/15 at 7:15ampost #14713 of 202594/25/15 at 8:55ampost #14714 of 202594/27/15 at 6:23ampost #14715 of 202594/27/15 at 6:35amWore my newly acquired Vass shoes on the F-last for the first time today. Two things struck me immediately. 1) the brown museum calf is amazing in direct sunlight. I've been very careful with acquiring museum calf shoes as I'm not a fan of (to much) mottling. These were perfectly balanced. Not to much mottling, but enough to express great depth and character under direct sunlight. The brown shade is really amazing and with a mirror shine at the toe caps, they're all win. Actually they reminded me of a pair of Paolo Scafora shoes I've seen around here, and which I almost acquired for the sole reason of the brown shade (also brown museum calf). 2) I found myself admiring the robustness of this pair compared to other F-lasted shoes I've handled. None have been built as robust as this pair. Until I figured it out (didn't get much work done in the meantime, but at least I figured it out): it's the double to single sole. It's really amazing and goes very well with the F-last if you enjoy a well constructed shoe. I appreciate sleekness as well, but for the F-last I've found the double to single sole far superior to the single sole. I think I'm going to stick to the single sole for U-lasted shoes. But from now on, I'm ordering double to single exclusively on the F-last.
Needless to say, they've become my favorite shoe, only after one wearing. We'll see if it holds up when my Inverness (dark oak and burgundy) arrives next week.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1556 Active Users (336 Members and 1220 Guests)
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 58 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Shannon balmoral boots, Dark Oak, 82 last UK9E with... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 6 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...