Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 4:06 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 10/21/16 at 9:36pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 966post #14477 of 200433/31/15 at 8:27pmOy vey! Ok Vass pros I need some more advice. I decided to buy a pair of 42 U lasted loafers and I have a few problems with them. Hopefully I am not ridiculed for using improper terminology to describe the fit; I shall try my best. First off, there is moderate heel slip whilst walking around my house and it is not difficult to pull the shoe from my heel. The instep height fits perfectly but the instep width is too wide, allowing my foot to supinate in a bad way (I already struggle with foot supination at times). The front of the shoe seems to fit very well, with perhaps some room to downsize. The fit is nice in width but a tad long and I think a 41.5 might stretch to fit very well in the forefoot.
All of that being said: Should I try a 41.5 in U? 41.5G? Should I give up on U all together and try another last more suited for my foot type? Any advice would be welcomed. Here are some of my sizes:
JL 8000: 8E UK
Alden Barrie: 8.5C (Stretched to be PERFECT)
Allen Edmonds 5 Last: 8D
C&J Montagu: 8E UK (Not sure of last but they fit well, it says 85 on the insole)
Thanks guys!post #14478 of 200434/1/15 at 1:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nikola
Just an additional heads up on the Vass policy.
The 10% cash discount and VAT deduction cannot be combined. You will have to decide what is better for you.
I believe the Hungarian VAT is 27%, however, I think it is not possible to have the full percentage amount of VAT back. It ranges from 13-15% as the agency refunding is taking a vast amount for it self..Correct me if I'm wrong.
Perhaps the chance you get the full VAT back is when you personally come back to the store again after you have left the Hungary with the custom stamp confirmation goods have left the EU.
Whats this 10% cash discount that everyone is talking about? Im going to Budapest this weekend and will most probably buy a pair. Im from Sweden, am i eligible for the discount?post #14479 of 200434/1/15 at 2:05pmpost #14480 of 200434/1/15 at 2:36pmpost #14481 of 200434/1/15 at 6:43pmpost #14482 of 200434/2/15 at 2:24ampost #14483 of 200434/2/15 at 12:43pmpost #14484 of 200434/3/15 at 9:34ampost #14485 of 200434/3/15 at 12:26pmpost #14486 of 200434/3/15 at 1:12pmpost #14487 of 200434/3/15 at 2:21pmpost #14488 of 200434/3/15 at 2:28pmpost #14489 of 200434/3/15 at 2:31pm
for those who already have the S: width is comparable to U from what I heard, correct?post #14490 of 200434/4/15 at 6:49amQuote:Could you elaborate further?Originally Posted by jssdc
I'm not sure why this makes sense. If you're reclaiming your VAT at the airport (the "agency" you mention) then Vass has nothing to do with it and the discussion should be separate from your cash discount. If the VAT reduction is direct from Vass then there shouldn't be an "agency" and it's the straight 27%, which far exceeds the cash discount...although should still be separate.
I've only paid with a card, so no cash discount, but I've received the fill VAT reduction.
I received the price list from Vass and then asked for VAT discount and they told me these prices had no VAT...
What did you pay for yours?
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Fantasy Football 2016 sign up! Ends 8/21 2 minutes ago
- › Video Games 3 minutes ago
- › WTB Alden Longwings 7.5 3 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › BRAND NEW SPECIAL ORDER TWO PIECE 100% WOOL VERSACE SUIT 8 minutes ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 8 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...