Thank you sir! I love this shoe.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- On Hold! VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues RARE SIZE 38.5 U last with lasted trees and toe... Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 3/2/17 at 6:08am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 3/17/17 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 960post #14387 of 208733/21/15 at 4:37pmpost #14388 of 208733/21/15 at 4:50pmpost #14389 of 208733/21/15 at 5:20pmpost #14390 of 208733/21/15 at 5:30pmpost #14391 of 208733/21/15 at 5:31pmpost #14392 of 208733/21/15 at 7:47pm
Would you guys recommend F last for an austerity brogue or do you think it will be too bland and I should try U or K?
My personal impression is that F is very nice for conservative designs, i.e. cap toe oxfords and such (sadly, the toe cap creasing issue discussed above makes me hesitant to order a pair), but I wonder if austerity brogues look better with chiseled toes.post #14393 of 208733/21/15 at 7:50pmpost #14394 of 208733/21/15 at 7:57pmpost #14395 of 208733/22/15 at 3:29ampost #14396 of 208733/22/15 at 3:38ampost #14397 of 208733/22/15 at 5:00amQuote:Originally Posted by Staffer18283
Yes, its the one on the far right. The order from the left is Vass K (42), Carmina Simpson (8 UK), Vass U (42), G&G MH71 (8.5) and Vass S (42).
It's the longest of the lot albeit just slightly longer than the other Vass but noticeably longer than the G&G. Slightly lower instep than the other Vass so a get a small V which I didnt get on the U. It has a less wider vamp vs the U which I actually like as I have thin feet and overall I find the fit better than the U. The room in the toebox is more than U but some rubbing of my pinky toe (something which never happens in the G&G).
I am undecided on the looks so far. My initial reaction was that the toe box seems a little elongated but the shoe is growing on me. I like the looks of the U last more at this point but with the more comfortable fit of the S last, I would say its not off the table for future purchases.
@OzzyJones Staffer S input.post #14398 of 208733/22/15 at 6:40ampost #14399 of 208733/22/15 at 10:56ampost #14400 of 208733/22/15 at 7:24pm
I found this kind of interesting, how the same shoes can look very different depending on the photos
These caught my eye on the Zimmermann & Kim site
I searched for them on the Vass site and got this photo
These look quite a bit different, do you agree?
I much prefer the first photo.
Still mulling it over
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 19 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 22 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 27 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 30 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 36 minutes ago
- › Closet cleaning, Ring, Formosa, Epaulet!! 36/46, 38/48 38 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...