or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 958

post #14356 of 20239
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzsol View Post

If you are in Texas, Vass will not sell to you directly unless you had been a customer before they made the changes to their direct sales policy. You have to buy from one of the US retailers or go through a proxy buyer.

Interesting, that's not what they just told me. I'll call again to clarify.
post #14357 of 20239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limniscate View Post

Interesting, that's not what they just told me. I'll call again to clarify.
I would be interested to hear what they have to say as well. If I can buy direct, then that's obviously the preferred method.
post #14358 of 20239
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzsol View Post

If you are in Texas, Vass will not sell to you directly unless you had been a customer before they made the changes to their direct sales policy. You have to buy from one of the US retailers or go through a proxy buyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limniscate View Post

Interesting, that's not what they just told me. I'll call again to clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aglose View Post

I would be interested to hear what they have to say as well. If I can buy direct, then that's obviously the preferred method.

It's a very stupid policy. This is a vast country and their retailers are located in NY.
post #14359 of 20239


Just a heads up, I've got 3 brand new pairs of U-Last Vass shoes in a 42 that I'm going to be putting up on the B&S thread shortly, PM me for details, 

Dark Brown Split toe loafer

Dark brown wholecuts

Light brown double monks

post #14360 of 20239

I don't know what their policy is but I wouldn't be surprised if its not rigorously monitored - Vass isn't exactly C&J when it comes to operational excellence.

 

And therein may be the upside of going through NMWA.  If your order is lost or screwed up I imagine they would act as an interface for you.  I've had both of these things happen to me in the going on six months now since I placed my order (and paid) and while Vass has been very friendly and pleasant to deal with I imagine Greg and co. would have sorted things out quicker for me.  So look at the price difference (and granted I don't know how much it is) as a service fee.

post #14361 of 20239
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssdc View Post

I don't know what their policy is but I wouldn't be surprised if its not rigorously monitored - Vass isn't exactly C&J when it comes to operational excellence.

And therein may be the upside of going through NMWA.  If your order is lost or screwed up I imagine they would act as an interface for you.  I've had both of these things happen to me in the going on six months now since I placed my order (and paid) and while Vass has been very friendly and pleasant to deal with I imagine Greg and co. would have sorted things out quicker for me.  So look at the price difference (and granted I don't know how much it is) as a service fee.
That is also a good point. I've only heard excellent things about NMWA, so paying a little extra for top notch customer service might be worth it.
post #14362 of 20239

Gents,

 

Opinions, please. I am about to order a fresh batch of Vass. One of my shoes will be similar in style to this:

 

 

Now, my plan is to go for Plum museum calf, without the punch cap. I want the broguing around the edge, but I am torn if I want the broguing on the suede itself. My main query is if people think Bordeaux suede would work best or aubergine? I wanted aubergine originally, but Vass aubergine looks far brighter than other companies I have seen.

 

Any thoughts would be appreciated. This forum has inspired my last couple orders!

 

 

post #14363 of 20239
@Gavinband: that's a great design, but just curious: when would you wear those? Just to work? And if so, what industry are you in?
post #14364 of 20239
Hi there,

Nah. I have so many classic work shoes. These might be with a slightly more casual suit.

I work as a management consultant in financial services, mainly in investment banking. No stuffyness at all. Previously was a lawyer so perhaps those wouldn't have worked then!

I would wear these casually too. But probably with a POW suit seeing as spring is near.
post #14365 of 20239

Sigh... drooling... gorgeous :).

post #14366 of 20239
gavinband, what did you decide on? id say go with the broguing detail
post #14367 of 20239
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssdc View Post

I don't know what their policy is but I wouldn't be surprised if its not rigorously monitored - Vass isn't exactly C&J when it comes to operational excellence.

And therein may be the upside of going through NMWA.  If your order is lost or screwed up I imagine they would act as an interface for you.  I've had both of these things happen to me in the going on six months now since I placed my order (and paid) and while Vass has been very friendly and pleasant to deal with I imagine Greg and co. would have sorted things out quicker for me.  So look at the price difference (and granted I don't know how much it is) as a service fee.

Six months wait time? Is that SOP? My pairs take about six weeks...
post #14368 of 20239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limniscate View Post


Interesting, that's not what they just told me. I'll call again to clarify.

Let us know. NMWA is extremely tempting right now, but euro = dollar would make Vass <500+shipping direct. 

post #14369 of 20239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeath View Post


Six months wait time? Is that SOP? My pairs take about six weeks...

My quote is around 6-8 weeks also. On a separate note, 6 months seems to be the norm for some top English shoemakers. Boy, must have been really difficult to learn how to operate machines to make goodyear welted shoes. 

post #14370 of 20239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeath View Post

Six months wait time? Is that SOP? My pairs take about six weeks...


Not SOP but the result of things being lost or screwed up. My original order was placed in October. I waited 10 weeks since I figured they took time off for Christmas and followed up, it turns out my order was lost. Six weeks later it shipped, a week after that I got it and they were made in the wrong size. I ship them back (another week) and I'm guessing six weeks or so and they'll ship again, which would be ~25 weeks from original purchase date.

Now to me this is not the end of the world. Reszo was great the whole time, it's not like I stand in dire need of another pair of shoes, and I recognize that they're a small business. But for another buyer with either greater urgency or lower tolerance for snafus then I imagine having someone like Greg in your corner would be helpful.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)