or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 944

post #14146 of 20253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinband View Post
 

Really nice, congrats!

 

I am about to make another Vass order.

 

Considering the green museum calf in the OE II but I am ever so torn and might be safe and just default to brown museum!!! Also going to go for a split toe blucher on F last, torn on colour here though! I am such a sucker for plum though....

Check this out, maybe your size:fonz:

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/462694/new-vass-old-english-ii-green-musuem-f-last-size-43-3-piece-trees-included#post_7730853

post #14147 of 20253
Alas, not my size, but they are the pair that got me considering the green!

Only reason I consider is because I have plum, oxblood and brown coming our my ears....
post #14148 of 20253


This is a nice subtle shade of green, not too crazy. Alas not my size either.

post #14149 of 20253
^^^ it's stuff like this why I have to stay off this forum.
post #14150 of 20253
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post
 

Alright, a few more shots of the pair posted earlier today. Enjoy!

 

Stitching and pattern are MTO.

 

 

More pics... (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Are those in dark brown? Amazing shoes btw. Love the swan neck stitching. 

post #14151 of 20253
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

^^^ it's stuff like this why I have to stay off this forum.
You NEED those Roger! Half size too big for me frown.gif
post #14152 of 20253
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockwellDay View Post
 

Incoming tomorrow! :bounce2::bounce2::bounce2::bounce2::bounce2::bounce2:

 

 

Pics (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

How do you like these? Do you have pics of these bad boys?

post #14153 of 20253
Hello vass-aholics! I need help with sizing for Vass shoes as it is a total new world for me. Hopefully I can be helped because I don't have much, or any, experience in truly chiseled lasts. I'm hoping someone can tell me what I would be on the gauntlet of Vass lasts so that I am more knowledgeable when they appear in B&S, and when I save up for a new pair from Budapest.

9D - Brannock
8.5C/D - Barrie (Just got a pair of 947 C's that seem they will stretch perfectly but I previously wore Indy D's with room in the toebox)
8.5E/9D 888 Last EG
8D/E - 5 Last AE (Either fits but the E is roomier)
8.5G - 133 Last Church's
8 Stefano Bi Jodhpurs (Unsure last)

All of my other shoe experience doesn't really pertain to Vass. 42 CP/MMM Sneakers. 8.5 Oak Street Oxfords. 9D Quoddy. 8.5D Yuketen Etc.

Help would be VERY much appreciated.
post #14154 of 20253
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazwanazani View Post

Are those in dark brown? Amazing shoes btw. Love the swan neck stitching. 

Thanks! They are made out of standard oxblood calf.
post #14155 of 20253
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazwanazani View Post

Love the swan neck stitching. 

I don't know what it is about seeing the curve of the swan neck on an oxford - it just takes the shoe to the next level inlove.gif
post #14156 of 20253
Derek,

Your sizes are similar to mine. Based on your Brannock, Barrie, Quoddy and Yuketen, I'd say 41.5 Vass F last, but I have a low instep. Others may chime in with 42 on the F last.
post #14157 of 20253
Quote:
Originally Posted by velomane View Post

Derek,

Your sizes are similar to mine. Based on your Brannock, Barrie, Quoddy and Yuketen, I'd say 41.5 Vass F last, but I have a low instep. Others may chime in with 42 on the F last.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek92 View Post

Hello vass-aholics! I need help with sizing for Vass shoes as it is a total new world for me. Hopefully I can be helped because I don't have much, or any, experience in truly chiseled lasts. I'm hoping someone can tell me what I would be on the gauntlet of Vass lasts so that I am more knowledgeable when they appear in B&S, and when I save up for a new pair from Budapest.

9D - Brannock
8.5C/D - Barrie (Just got a pair of 947 C's that seem they will stretch perfectly but I previously wore Indy D's with room in the toebox)
8.5E/9D 888 Last EG
8D/E - 5 Last AE (Either fits but the E is roomier)
8.5G - 133 Last Church's
8 Stefano Bi Jodhpurs (Unsure last)

All of my other shoe experience doesn't really pertain to Vass. 42 CP/MMM Sneakers. 8.5 Oak Street Oxfords. 9D Quoddy. 8.5D Yuketen Etc.

Help would be VERY much appreciated.

 

I would like to suggest 41 in the F last. You seem to have lightly narrow feet to be able to fit in the AE 5 last and EG 888 last. I size 8.5E in the AE5 last and US9D in the EG 888 last is slightly too tight for me. I take 41.5 in the F last and 42 in the U last in "G" width. Thus, I would conclude 41 F last for you.

post #14158 of 20253
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktown View Post
  Pics (Click to show)

 

 

How do you like these? Do you have pics of these bad boys?

 

Got 'em. They look great, but went right back in the box b/c weather has been so bad I haven't even thought about wearing them. I'll try to snap a pic in sunlight this weekend. 

post #14159 of 20253
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post



I would like to suggest 41 in the F last. You seem to have lightly narrow feet to be able to fit in the AE 5 last and EG 888 last. I size 8.5E in the AE5 last and US9D in the EG 888 last is slightly too tight for me. I take 41.5 in the F last and 42 in the U last in "G" width. Thus, I would conclude 41 F last for you.

So would I be a 41.5 on the U Last? What width on the U? What about P2? Thanks for your help so far!
post #14160 of 20253

Gents,

 

Going to ask one time before pulling the trigger again!

 

Split toe blucher, Oslo or Norweger. Anyone have thoughts? I quite like both in all honesty but only going for one and my other order will be OE II in green museum.

 

Opinions/thoughts all appreciated as always.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)