Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 10/24/16 at 9:35pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 10/23/16 at 11:52pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 937post #14042 of 200562/22/15 at 11:25ampost #14043 of 200562/22/15 at 11:37ampost #14044 of 200562/22/15 at 2:31pmpost #14045 of 200562/22/15 at 3:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by RogerP
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm getting ready to order a new pair of Vass. I already have a pair in 44.5 U last and a pair of 43.5 F last. See my photo below, the two on the bottom right. Both fit well. When I compare them sole to sole they are almost the same length. The U is a hair longer. Is this normal? How can a shoe that is a full size larger be almost the same length? Could the 44.5 - U be mislabeled? Anyway I'm opting for the model 1006, F last in museum plum. It's on the front page of the Vass web site. Awesome.
1) Awesome boots!
2) Outsole length can differ a bit as between different lasts, though I would expect a pair a full size larger to be more than a hair longer.
3) While I have not experienced it myself over many pairs, a number of forum members have reported some - ahem - variability in Vass sizing.
My 43.5 F last measures 11 5/8" inside length, 4 1/4" outside width.
My 44.5 U last measures 11 3/4" inside length, 4 1/4" outside width.
Yes the U has a narrower toe box but otherwise, go figure!post #14046 of 200562/23/15 at 10:26am
So I've realized that these are actually a little bit long for me (I usually take a 10 UK/11D US in most stuff). I got these in a 44 F-last and the length dwarfs my size 10UK Carmina shells. Width-wise they're pretty ok though. I'm planning on reordering the same asskicking bal design in whiskey shell instead and on a P2 last for a more substantial look/higher instep, but plan on sizing down to a 43.5 - any shell goyser experts care to chime in? I hear this should be alright but I'm paranoid, so I just wanna make sure.post #14047 of 200562/23/15 at 12:09pmpost #14048 of 200562/24/15 at 10:16ampost #14049 of 200562/24/15 at 2:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Exdeath
So I've realized that these are actually a little bit long for me (I usually take a 10 UK/11D US in most stuff). I got these in a 44 F-last and the length dwarfs my size 10UK Carmina shells. Width-wise they're pretty ok though. I'm planning on reordering the same asskicking bal design in whiskey shell instead and on a P2 last for a more substantial look/higher instep, but plan on sizing down to a 43.5 - any shell goyser experts care to chime in? I hear this should be alright but I'm paranoid, so I just wanna make sure.
def go 43.5. the vass instep is more generous, and the toe slightly more spacious than f last. if 44 flast is big, then 44 p2 will also be too big 43.5 in p2 should be perfect. I re-ordered the p2 ucap boot in 44.5 on goyser with double dainite. my previous 45 was too big.post #14050 of 200562/24/15 at 2:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by agedashidofuQuote:
They're deeper and richer in color vs. the usual gold museum calf but definitely too light for a navy suit. Dark brown museum calf would probably be more appropriate. I would have recommended plum museum, but you already have that :-)
I do love those gold museum calf austerity and was drawn to them as an MTO but I decided on the dark brown since it fits my take on CBD. My version shown here when new:post #14051 of 200562/25/15 at 10:56ampost #14052 of 200562/25/15 at 12:03pmpost #14053 of 200562/25/15 at 5:13pmpost #14054 of 200562/25/15 at 5:41pmpost #14055 of 200562/25/15 at 5:50pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 11 minutes ago
- › Cheaney 12 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 17 minutes ago
- › Raf Simons Black & White Yarn Cardigan (SS 09) (52) 21 minutes ago
- › Momotaro 27 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 41 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 42 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...