or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 936

post #14026 of 20248

Thank you, sir!

 

The Oxblood is lovely and deep and a very different shade to other burgundy shoes that I own.

 

The plum museum... well, it's fantastic and definitely one of my favourite colours.

 

Talking to Reszo today about ordering a couple more pairs, the OE II is on my list. He sent me a pic of their deep gold museum calf which does look rather tasty..... anyone got a pair in that shade, by chance?

post #14027 of 20248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinband View Post

Thank you, sir!

The Oxblood is lovely and deep and a very different shade to other burgundy shoes that I own.

The plum museum... well, it's fantastic and definitely one of my favourite colours.

Talking to Reszo today about ordering a couple more pairs, the OE II is on my list. He sent me a pic of their deep gold museum calf which does look rather tasty..... anyone got a pair in that shade, by chance?

Here ya go...really like your oxblood austerity btw...


post #14028 of 20248
Wow, love those!
post #14029 of 20248

Thank you x2!

 

Those do look rather nice but are they quite a light colour in person? Just concerned they would be too light for a navy suit.

post #14030 of 20248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinband View Post

Thank you x2!

Those do look rather nice but are they quite a light colour in person? Just concerned they would be too light for a navy suit.

They're deeper and richer in color vs. the usual gold museum calf but definitely too light for a navy suit. Dark brown museum calf would probably be more appropriate. I would have recommended plum museum, but you already have that :-)
post #14031 of 20248

Ha, indeed!

 

I honestly think I will go for a second austerity brogue and a pair of OEII. I was considering therefore doing dark brown and the rich gold, but do you think the gold would look absolutely ridiculous with a navy suit? Pretty much wear navy and grey exclusively!

post #14032 of 20248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinband View Post

Ha, indeed!

I honestly think I will go for a second austerity brogue and a pair of OEII. I was considering therefore doing dark brown and the rich gold, but do you think the gold would look absolutely ridiculous with a navy suit? Pretty much wear navy and grey exclusively!

In my humble opinion, cover the basics first (one you can wear every day to work) - which is the plum and dark brown. Once you got those covered, then get the deep gold.

For your reference here's the dark brown museum which I posted here long ago

post #14033 of 20248

Oh, those are lovely! That is the OEII, right?

 

I already own two pairs of JL dark brown museums, hence my thinking of going gold, but hmmm! Decisions, decisions.... Ha

post #14034 of 20248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinband View Post

Gents,

My lovely oxblood weymouth arrived! First two pairs of vass, U last plum austerity and oxblood F last weymouth. I like the U last but think the F last is a much safer bet, fit wise.

So! I am now thinking of getting a pair of Norvegese construction shoes, but never have before. I am thinking in a nice dark brown. Can anyone provide some advice or quickly repost pics if they have got a pair from Vass? Also, last advice etc?

As always, advice and guidance is much appreciated!

Here are a pair of Norwegers on the Peter last in dark brown that I posted a little while back:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny58 View Post

New Norwegers on the Peter last Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
VassNorwegers-1_zps3ac2ae3f.jpg

VassNorwegers-2_zps464e5170.jpg

VassNorwegers-3_zps748d5694.jpg
post #14035 of 20248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinband View Post
 

Oh, those are lovely! That is the OEII, right?

 

I already own two pairs of JL dark brown museums, hence my thinking of going gold, but hmmm! Decisions, decisions.... Ha

 

I would pair museum gold with lighter grey and tan summer suits but not with navy and darker greys.  My museum gold F-last pair tend to be a summer shoe for that reason.  I agree that they would be a nice addition to a more established business rotation.

post #14036 of 20248

Oh those look wonderful! How does the Peter last fit as opposed to F?

post #14037 of 20248

Beautiful shoes and bautiful colors :slayer:agedashidofu.

post #14038 of 20248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinband View Post

Oh those look wonderful! How does the Peter last fit as opposed to F?

I'm not the best person to compare fits of the different lasts but I believe I wear 41.5 in the F and a 41 in the Peter. The Peter is an older, more traditional last though which suits me fine. In fact, I recently replaced a pair of Bordeaux scotch grain Norwegers on the F last with the same shoe on the Peter last.
post #14039 of 20248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde View Post

new arrival this morning
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
PgHuufLl.jpg

 

 

Sick - I'm thinking of getting a very similar boot on the P2 last (for the more structured toebox compared to the F as you mentioned), although with cognac calf/grain calf and a natural midsole/goyser. Did you size the same for both lasts?

 

Also, did you custom order the number of eyelets? Most of the pics for Osloer boots I see have nine eyelets total...

post #14040 of 20248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeath View Post

Sick - I'm thinking of getting a very similar boot on the P2 last (for the more structured toebox compared to the F as you mentioned), although with cognac calf/grain calf and a natural midsole/goyser. Did you size the same for both lasts?

Also, did you custom order the number of eyelets? Most of the pics for Osloer boots I see have nine eyelets total...

I'm sized for 43U and 42.5F in standard shoes.
The 42.5F shoes are a hair too tight for me, esp when feet naturally swell during the day.
P2-42.5 boots laces up just right. There is enough breathing room in the toes. And with winter socks they would be a firm-perfect fit. So, very happy as they are.

For lacing I actually considered going full eyelets the whole way. In retrospect, would not be practical. I emailed them a pic I found on the web and asked to "make em like these" but with scotch grain. Didn't pay attention to the fact that examples were 8-laced but glad it came that way. (Even 7 would be fine!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)