or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 912

post #13666 of 20267

My very first pair from Vass!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Vass Black Plain Old English II on the F last

post #13667 of 20267
Those are astonishingly good ^
post #13668 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Just arrived from seller @Notch

m7f1bm.jpg
love these
post #13669 of 20267

They look great! I tried the F last as well last time I visited their store and agree that F last has the best look vs. comfort ratio! Congrats on your purchase!

post #13670 of 20267
You gents feel that an Oxblood calf wholecut can take the place of a black wholecut with every outfit and occasion? Seems as dark as black calf, at least indoors.

I've always wanted a black wholecut so I could wear colored laces matched to my ties.
post #13671 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

You gents feel that an Oxblood calf wholecut can take the place of a black wholecut with every outfit and occasion? Seems as dark as black calf, at least indoors.

I've always wanted a black wholecut so I could wear colored laces matched to my ties.

 

I'm waiting for my first Oxblood boots. I tried several different colours at the shop and ended up with oxblood for similar reasons that it's not black but could be worn with many different outfits. Might have more limitations on laces colour options though than plain black.

 

post #13672 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by mct358 View Post
 

 

I'm waiting for my first Oxblood boots. I tried several different colours at the shop and ended up with oxblood for similar reasons that it's not black but could be worn with many different outfits. Might have more limitations on laces colour options though than plain black.

 


Nice...love oxblood as well and have a similar boot coming. @sacafotos, not sure I'd use it to 100% replace a black wholecut though. 

post #13673 of 20267
Thanks!

And am I correct that Bordeaux shell appears darker than Bordeaux calf? Someone posted austerity boots in "oxblood shell," but I swear I've only seen Bordeaux shell mentioned as an option.

Really eager to make my way to Budapest this year. Amazing designs, fellas.
post #13674 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

You gents feel that an Oxblood calf wholecut can take the place of a black wholecut with every outfit and occasion? Seems as dark as black calf, at least indoors.

I've always wanted a black wholecut so I could wear colored laces matched to my 

I like the way you think :nodding:

post #13675 of 20267

Which leather colour in Vass terms is most similar to the old Dark Oak of Edward Green? Is that cognac?

 

Thanks!

post #13676 of 20267
Antic Cognac shell cordovan does a nice impression, only better.

Antic Cognac calf is the same sort of shade without the antiquing. Brown calf catches the dark end of the antiquing without the variety.
post #13677 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

You gents feel that an Oxblood calf wholecut can take the place of a black wholecut with every outfit and occasion? Seems as dark as black calf, at least indoors.

I've always wanted a black wholecut so I could wear colored laces matched to my ties.

 

I have this pair from Carmina in Vegano. Althouhg I love them, I wish they had them in Black.  I like Oxblood more for double monks but  I think is the best alternative to Black togheter with horween shell nº 8.

post #13678 of 20267
Unboxing today. Balmoral boot on modified U-last. Plum museum calf and burgundy suede. Single dainite sole.

post #13679 of 20267
My man!!!! Those look fantastic! What's modified about the last?
post #13680 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

Unboxing today. Balmoral boot on modified U-last. Plum museum calf and burgundy suede. Single dainite sole.


Gorgeous! Congrats
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)