or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 880

post #13186 of 20222
@RogerP Killer boots
post #13187 of 20222
Also waiting on an oxblood oeii, but mines on u with no broguing. Should be ready anytime now....
post #13188 of 20222
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I have just the one pair of P2, so take all the following with that in mind.  Plus, these are my first and only pair of Vass boots - so I don't know if there is any difference in sizing when comparing the same last in shoes.

That said, I generally take a 43 in all the Vass Italian lasts (K, F, U).  I take a UK 9 in Oscar, Robert and Forest, and either a UK 8.5 or 9 in Rain (8.5 for most shoes, 9 for tall boots).

I ordered these P2 in a 43 and I would say they are a half size too big.  Not an issue for me in a tall boot - an insole solved the problem.  Were I ordering a pair of shoes, however - or make that WHEN I order a pair of shoes in P2 I will size down to 42.5.

PS - Props to NMWA for the makeup.
How would you compare the Vass and Carmina lasts in terms of instep? I often read that the Vass lasts have a high instep which is a bit worrying as I'm thinking about ordering a pair this spring...
post #13189 of 20222
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarkov View Post

How would you compare the Vass and Carmina lasts in terms of instep? I often read that the Vass lasts have a high instep which is a bit worrying as I'm thinking about ordering a pair this spring...

fyi, I have a pair of rain chukkas which fit but the corresponding sizes for U, P2, and F have insteps that are too high without tongue pads and insoles. P2 is slightly lower than F and U but I would echo RogerP's thoughts of sizing down half a size. If your laces are fairly open with the rain last then you might be okay but otherwise it's hard to get a good fit with Vass. Maybe try the new S last?
post #13190 of 20222
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarkov View Post

How would you compare the Vass and Carmina lasts in terms of instep? I often read that the Vass lasts have a high instep which is a bit worrying as I'm thinking about ordering a pair this spring...

What Carmina lasts fit you well?
post #13191 of 20222
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

What Carmina lasts fit you well?

Hi RogerP, so if I wear 9,5 in the Carmina forest last wich size would you advice me for the F and R Vass last?

Do you think that the sizing is similar between Vass F last and Carmina forest last?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,
post #13192 of 20222
I wear UK 9 Forest and 43 Vass F, both of which roughly correspond to a US 10D. No experience with the R last.
post #13193 of 20222
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I wear UK 9 Forest and 43 Vass F. No experience with the R last.

Thank you for you reply so I should go for a 43,5 Vass F,no? Do you wear normal widht in both brands?

Thanks again.
post #13194 of 20222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

fyi, I have a pair of rain chukkas which fit but the corresponding sizes for U, P2, and F have insteps that are too high without tongue pads and insoles. P2 is slightly lower than F and U but I would echo RogerP's thoughts of sizing down half a size. If your laces are fairly open with the rain last then you might be okay but otherwise it's hard to get a good fit with Vass. Maybe try the new S last?
Yeah, I read about the S last having a slightly lower instep. I haven't found any pictures of it yet though.

I read about some people sizing down and going for a G-width instead, that might be a way forward?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

What Carmina lasts fit you well?
Simpson sz 9 is probably my best fit, although I only tried them on briefly and don't own any. My Oscar jumper boots in size 9 fit very well around my foot but I have to tighten the laces to the max to get a snug fit around the ankles (I hope the heel chafing will end as I break them in!). I got a pair of Rain oxfords in size 8.5 that I had to take to a cobbler to widen them slightly but I can still lace them to a V less than 1 cm wide. I have a pair of Rain lasted chukkas in size 9 in the mail, I hope they're a better fit.
post #13195 of 20222
Yes, 43.5 would be my best guess for you.

I wear a normal width in those sizes for the Forest and F. I can also go down a 1/2 size if I go up in width for Forest.
post #13196 of 20222
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarkov View Post

Yeah, I read about the S last having a slightly lower instep. I haven't found any pictures of it yet though.

I read about some people sizing down and going for a G-width instead, that might be a way forward?
Simpson sz 9 is probably my best fit, although I only tried them on briefly and don't own any. My Oscar jumper boots in size 9 fit very well around my foot but I have to tighten the laces to the max to get a snug fit around the ankles (I hope the heel chafing will end as I break them in!). I got a pair of Rain oxfords in size 8.5 that I had to take to a cobbler to widen them slightly but I can still lace them to a V less than 1 cm wide. I have a pair of Rain lasted chukkas in size 9 in the mail, I hope they're a better fit.

I can't wear Simpson at all - much too narrow and too low an instep. I don't know of a Vass last that is similar.
post #13197 of 20222
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Yes, 43.5 would be my best guess for you.

I wear a normal width in those sizes for the Forest and F. I can also go down a 1/2 size if I go up in width for Forest.

Great thanks for ypur help.
post #13198 of 20222

Everybody likes to get a sweet piece of Vass.  Today, I got three sweet pieces of Vass all in one go.


As I believe they say in New Jersey...

Fuckin' eh. (Click to show)

 

 

 

post #13199 of 20222
So did your head explode Mimo? An overdose of shoe awesomeness can do that. Congrats! Individual pics of the pairs, please.
post #13200 of 20222

Received a wonderful pair of balmoral boots from Vass this Friday. Dark brown museum calf/dark brown suede on U last with single Dainite. Splendid in every way, only thing is they don't fit that well :cry: Don't think it will work in another size either (have two U last pairs but both of them have been modified quite a bit by cobblers to fit me, and don't think it will work with these for various reasons). So might have to put 'em up on Buy and sell, we'll see.

 

Some pics at least:

 

 

 

 


 

MORE PICTURES HERE! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)