Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues RARE SIZE 38.5 U last with lasted trees and toe taps! very... Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 11:13 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 2/22/17 at 2:31pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 880post #13187 of 2073711/30/14 at 8:29ampost #13188 of 2073711/30/14 at 9:21amQuote:How would you compare the Vass and Carmina lasts in terms of instep? I often read that the Vass lasts have a high instep which is a bit worrying as I'm thinking about ordering a pair this spring...Originally Posted by RogerP
I have just the one pair of P2, so take all the following with that in mind. Plus, these are my first and only pair of Vass boots - so I don't know if there is any difference in sizing when comparing the same last in shoes.
That said, I generally take a 43 in all the Vass Italian lasts (K, F, U). I take a UK 9 in Oscar, Robert and Forest, and either a UK 8.5 or 9 in Rain (8.5 for most shoes, 9 for tall boots).
I ordered these P2 in a 43 and I would say they are a half size too big. Not an issue for me in a tall boot - an insole solved the problem. Were I ordering a pair of shoes, however - or make that WHEN I order a pair of shoes in P2 I will size down to 42.5.
PS - Props to NMWA for the makeup.post #13189 of 2073711/30/14 at 9:30amQuote:
fyi, I have a pair of rain chukkas which fit but the corresponding sizes for U, P2, and F have insteps that are too high without tongue pads and insoles. P2 is slightly lower than F and U but I would echo RogerP's thoughts of sizing down half a size. If your laces are fairly open with the rain last then you might be okay but otherwise it's hard to get a good fit with Vass. Maybe try the new S last?post #13190 of 2073711/30/14 at 9:38ampost #13191 of 2073711/30/14 at 9:49am
Hi RogerP, so if I wear 9,5 in the Carmina forest last wich size would you advice me for the F and R Vass last?
Do you think that the sizing is similar between Vass F last and Carmina forest last?
Many thanks for your help.
Regards,post #13192 of 2073711/30/14 at 9:52ampost #13193 of 2073711/30/14 at 9:56ampost #13194 of 2073711/30/14 at 9:58amQuote:Yeah, I read about the S last having a slightly lower instep. I haven't found any pictures of it yet though.Originally Posted by Ironist
fyi, I have a pair of rain chukkas which fit but the corresponding sizes for U, P2, and F have insteps that are too high without tongue pads and insoles. P2 is slightly lower than F and U but I would echo RogerP's thoughts of sizing down half a size. If your laces are fairly open with the rain last then you might be okay but otherwise it's hard to get a good fit with Vass. Maybe try the new S last?
I read about some people sizing down and going for a G-width instead, that might be a way forward?post #13195 of 2073711/30/14 at 9:58ampost #13196 of 2073711/30/14 at 10:00amQuote:Originally Posted by zarkov
Yeah, I read about the S last having a slightly lower instep. I haven't found any pictures of it yet though.
I read about some people sizing down and going for a G-width instead, that might be a way forward?
Simpson sz 9 is probably my best fit, although I only tried them on briefly and don't own any. My Oscar jumper boots in size 9 fit very well around my foot but I have to tighten the laces to the max to get a snug fit around the ankles (I hope the heel chafing will end as I break them in!). I got a pair of Rain oxfords in size 8.5 that I had to take to a cobbler to widen them slightly but I can still lace them to a V less than 1 cm wide. I have a pair of Rain lasted chukkas in size 9 in the mail, I hope they're a better fit.
I can't wear Simpson at all - much too narrow and too low an instep. I don't know of a Vass last that is similar.post #13197 of 2073711/30/14 at 10:02ampost #13198 of 2073711/30/14 at 10:06ampost #13199 of 2073711/30/14 at 10:52ampost #13200 of 2073711/30/14 at 11:20am
Received a wonderful pair of balmoral boots from Vass this Friday. Dark brown museum calf/dark brown suede on U last with single Dainite. Splendid in every way, only thing is they don't fit that well Don't think it will work in another size either (have two U last pairs but both of them have been modified quite a bit by cobblers to fit me, and don't think it will work with these for various reasons). So might have to put 'em up on Buy and sell, we'll see.
Some pics at least:
MORE PICTURES HERE! (Click to show)
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 3 minutes ago
- › Gucci Raw Denim Skinny Slim Selvedge Italy Japan 31 Dior Saint... 4 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 7 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 26 minutes ago
- › NWT - $6295 Brioni - 40 R / 50 EU -- 97% Cashmere 3% Silk, deep... 26 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 27 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 29 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 32 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...