or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 863

post #12931 of 20282
These are inbound: blue museum calf Norwegian New Peter boots with natural welt and white stitching atop Dainite soles. They are my very first blue shoes and I guess green will be the next high in this never-ending shoephilia.




Edit: wrong photo, d'oh.
post #12932 of 20282
Can the Vass experts tell me the difference between the Peter last and New Peter last? If one fits well, with the other fit well?
post #12933 of 20282

Really cool boots @VRaivio

post #12934 of 20282
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

These are inbound: blue museum calf Norwegian New Peter boots with natural welt and white stitching atop Dainite soles. They are my very first blue shoes and I guess green will be the next high in this never-ending shoephilia.




Edit: wrong photo, d'oh.

Nice boots. Can you ask Rezso which leather was used for the brown galosh oxfords in the picture? Thanks!
post #12935 of 20282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

Can the Vass experts tell me the difference between the Peter last and New Peter last? If one fits well, with the other fit well?
I believe that Peter is narrower than New Peter. I can fit most P2 shoes, but couldn't even think about the Peter when I visited the shop in Budapest.
post #12936 of 20282
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

These are inbound: blue museum calf Norwegian New Peter boots with natural welt and white stitching atop Dainite soles. They are my very first blue shoes and I guess green will be the next high in this never-ending shoephilia.




Edit: wrong photo, d'oh.

Tell me more (read: everything) about the brown shoe in the top right. Last (U/F)? Model# (126)? Color (Museum Brown or is that antiquing your work)? Close up pic? They look spectacular.


Edited by DonRaphael - 11/1/14 at 10:18am
post #12937 of 20282
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post

Tell me more (read: everything) about the brown shoe in the top right. Last (U/F)? Model# (126)? Color (Museum Brown or is that antiquing your work)? Close up pic? They look spectacular.

+1, welt is cut closer than I have seen before. Great making.
post #12938 of 20282
Just received these gold museum calf cap toes (F last) from the Vass group buy effort.




Full sunlight pic
post #12939 of 20282
Beauties. I have my first pair arriving tomorrow. Can't wait.
post #12940 of 20282

Lovely @pinkpanther, digging the HAF soles, too.

post #12941 of 20282
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

That one is on the New Peter (P2) last

Huh, I have 2 P2s...I had called buda.
post #12942 of 20282
My first pair...trying on my scotch grain norwegers from NMWA

708F0C6E-AAC9-4E03-BD3F-B4FC0B9B6517_zpsugnuk3z4.jpg
post #12943 of 20282

I don't know if it's how they come out in pictures, or if there's a great color variance with Vass' Gold Museum Calf. I feel RogerP's pair is flame-ish and has a dominant reddish undertone. Pinkpanther's pair isn't as red as RogerP's, but falls inbetween RogerP's and the following (I'm sure it's someone's from this forum)

 

This pair above is what I would want mine to look like when/if I actually commission a pair in Gold Museum Calf. The color variance have held me back, though.

 

Do you, @RogerP and/or @pinkpanther, have any input regarding this? Does Gold Museum appear like the picture I provided above in natural light or is there actually a great variance in color between those and yours? Thanks.

post #12944 of 20282
Mine defintely have a reddish tone, but then they were the last batch of the old Ilcea product.

I will add that there is DEFINITELY some variability in Vass' current museum offerings, just going from my navy museum as compared with VRaivos above.
post #12945 of 20282
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Mine defintely have a reddish tone, but then they were the last batch of the old Ilcea product.

Yeah, that's what I suspected. Not to take anything away from yours, they're beautiful and even more unique than the Gold Museum provided atm, but I can't sport shoes that reddish. I'm even struggling with my C&J Westbourne in chestnut calf. Yeah, I know, I have no imagination/fantasy :(

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)