Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD! VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 3/24/17 at 3:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 4:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 860post #12887 of 2089210/22/14 at 6:40pmQuote:
Roger is right. The 3636 also has a very high (well, higher than P2) instep. P2 is an awesome last, their best if you have a wide-ish forefoot.
These are my old 3636:post #12888 of 2089210/22/14 at 8:09pmpost #12889 of 2089210/22/14 at 9:35pmQuote:
Nope not from IIcea cause I rem that during May/June when I placed my orderv, vass is still sorting out the newly taken over ilcea.
IIRC, it is from a italian tannery... Cheers!post #12890 of 2089210/23/14 at 3:09ampost #12891 of 2089210/25/14 at 2:46ampost #12892 of 2089210/25/14 at 3:11amQuote:
I don't size up from F to U in shoes, but some do. The main fit difference is in the toe box, where the chiseled U is more confining than the rounded F. Someone with chubby and / or widely-spaced toes will likely need to size up. As I have fairly slender toes, I wear the same size quite comfortably in both F and U.
Hopefully someone who has both a shoe and a boot on the U last will chime in as to whether the boot is built a little larger to begin with, or whether the fit is the same. My only Vass boot is on P2.
I will say that particularly in a tall boot, when in doubt, err on the side of a 1/2 size big rather than a 1/2 size small.
Colour is down to your preference.post #12893 of 2089210/25/14 at 3:23ampost #12894 of 2089210/25/14 at 5:41ampost #12895 of 2089210/25/14 at 5:57amQuote:
I don't have any experience with durability, but Vass can do it.
And yes, before end times, midlife goth crisis, zombies, etc., I'm putting in one last order for a Vass black goyser boot.post #12896 of 2089210/25/14 at 6:01ampost #12897 of 2089210/25/14 at 6:03ampost #12898 of 2089210/25/14 at 6:17am
A properly installed Topy doesn't make the shoe look any different unless you are walking on your hands or have your feet up on the desk. Nobody is staring at the soles of your shoes in normal wear.
They do not peel off easily - or at all - if properly installed. How long they wear is down to the same multiple variables for leather sole wear.post #12899 of 2089210/25/14 at 7:12ampost #12900 of 2089210/25/14 at 7:16am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 40 seconds ago
- › Bracelets For Men - How To Do It Properly. 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 16 minutes ago
- › Cigars 24 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 26 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 34 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 41 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 41 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 42 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 44 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...