I don't have a post number, but if I recall the discussion correctly, Vass was basically pricing their shoes in the Lobb/StC/EG/G&G bracket and nobody in the US was putting up with that.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 12:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 12:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 859post #12872 of 2026710/21/14 at 1:07pmpost #12873 of 2026710/21/14 at 8:39pmpost #12874 of 2026710/21/14 at 8:43pmpost #12875 of 2026710/21/14 at 9:42pmpost #12876 of 2026710/22/14 at 2:36amQuote:Originally Posted by jssdc
A little ways back in this thread there was a discussion on this topic. Basically, Vass attempted (unsuccessfully) to gain a foothold in the US market and had to pull back. Without knowing the business specifics I imagine the few US retailers who began stocking Vass again required exclusivity in order to protect their price points which in turn cover their risks in stocking a brand that's pretty much unrecognized outside of this Forum.
I suppose that you could say that there have been two attempts by Vass, or by people stocking Vass, to enter the US market.
The first time was back in 2004 or thereabouts and was an effort by SF member AHarris and by another shoe enthusiast, Gabor Halmos. They got Bergdorf Goodman and one or two other places to stock Vass but things seemed to peter out after a year or two and Vass had no presence in the US for many years.
The second time is now, with places like No Man Walks Alone and Epaulet stocking Vass and arranging made-to-order shoes for customers.
Interestingly, Gabor still sells Vass shoes (as well as lots of other great stuff) on eBay, under the user ID "sartoriale".post #12877 of 2026710/22/14 at 4:41ampost #12878 of 2026710/22/14 at 4:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Zapasman
Many Thanks RogerP for your assitance,
I think it´s a bit late and I want to go for the P2 Oxfords. I might had to ask for advise in SF before but not wanted to bother with this important but recurring issue. I will see how is the fit in P2 and 3636. F last for 2015!
Then, do you think I should order the 3 pieces tree shoe in the same size 42.5 EU for both lasts or just for P2??.Rezso answer to my proposal of 0.5 bigger shoe trees for both last was... "Yes, it will be better to use a half size bigger shoe tree to the shoe. The 42 is loose in size 42. So size 43 is better!". To be frank, I did not understand the sentence, but he is got my foot mesurement drawing so....( jajajaja).
Here I am still on time for rectification.
I appreciate your advise once again.
I would go with Rezso's suggestion regarding the trees. Loose trees are kind of pointless.post #12879 of 2026710/22/14 at 7:44ampost #12880 of 2026710/22/14 at 8:05ampost #12881 of 2026710/22/14 at 8:56ampost #12882 of 2026710/22/14 at 9:53ampost #12883 of 2026710/22/14 at 10:35ampost #12884 of 2026710/22/14 at 10:51amQuote:
Yes. Shipping back from the US can be pricey though, I believe. Not sure what the most practical course is. Other than owning so many pairs of Vass that you never need to resole any of them...post #12885 of 2026710/22/14 at 11:14am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Eidos Napoli 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › GAZIANO & GIRLING Arran Brown Suede Chukka Shoes Boots Trees & Box... 22 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 36 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 36 minutes ago
- › Best selvedge jeans 50 minutes ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 51 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 53 minutes ago
- › Sartoria Pino Peluso Thread 57 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 59 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...