Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 9:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 10/23/16 at 11:52pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 857post #12842 of 2005210/16/14 at 8:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Zapasman
Hi again, I have not received yet my first two pairs of Vass, and I am already thinking about next order in 2015. Is this madness or what!! (only a friend of mine here I can share it with, and of course you!!). No budget at all, but still on!!" src="http://files.styleforum.net/images/smilies/decisions.gif" />
I am sure I will go for RTW Double Monkstraps in Oxblood calf (RogerP and some others show me the masterpiece... thank you) in F most probably or P2 last, but before deciding myself It will be much apreciated if you could kindly answer me:
a).-Will Vass charge me for HAF sole and toe metal tips on top of RTW?.
b).-Any pics of a double sole in Double Monkstraps?. No one?
c).-Names of the diff models of buckles: rounded one (love it) / square /others.
d).-What do you think of the P/P2 lasts for the model compare to F last?.
e).-Any pic in P2 Double Monks?. No one?
Gracias to you all again for your inputs and comments.
I own but one example of the P2 and it is a tall boot. That said, my preference would be for the F last for a sleeker double monk. I prefer P2 for more casual styles of shoes.
I've not ordered through Vass directly, but since you are going that route, just ask them for a quote based on all the specs you want.post #12843 of 2005210/16/14 at 9:11am
Once I get my first pairs I´ll contact Vass about prices for HAF+metal guards on top of RTW. I´m going to see first how are my P2 last in an OE Oxford (I wanted something sturdy) to figure out how would be the P2 last in the DMonks. I´m pretty sure not good combo but wanted to see.
I am thinking to get either the DM in Oxblood calf (yours) or in Dark Brown Museum calf with a same colour belt. Both colours are amazing to me and hard to decide!!.
Gracias.post #12844 of 2005210/16/14 at 10:27ampost #12845 of 2005210/16/14 at 1:40pmpost #12846 of 2005210/19/14 at 12:54ampost #12847 of 2005210/19/14 at 4:58ampost #12848 of 2005210/19/14 at 5:52amQuote:
The toe stiffener should not...probably does not...extend as far back as the little toe on most feet. So, all other things being equal, you can usually stretch the shoe in that area. A cobbler can do it with almost pinpoint accuracy and you won't have to endure the discomfort of breaking it in.
That said, if there is wingtip on the shoe, it can change the whole equation. If the edge of the wingtip is on or near the affected area it can cause pain and feel as if the toe is being squeezed even if there is adequate room inside the shoe. Again, the shoe can be stretched but because of the seam it is more difficult to see results in the short term.You may have to stretch it several times.post #12849 of 2005210/19/14 at 11:19ampost #12850 of 2005210/19/14 at 8:06pmpost #12851 of 2005210/20/14 at 3:22ampost #12852 of 2005210/20/14 at 1:21pmpost #12853 of 2005210/20/14 at 1:22pmpost #12854 of 2005210/20/14 at 1:24pmpost #12855 of 2005210/20/14 at 1:24pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Official Wine Thread 7 seconds ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Is 2" too much to let out at the waist? 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...