or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 848

post #12706 of 20242
Oops, should read "come on gentlemen", definitely not "common" shog[1].gif
post #12707 of 20242
Most hotel/airline reward cards don't have fees either. Of course with direct PayPal invoices like Skoak, PayPal will always try to default to its own conversion rates, which no surprise, are always higher than the going rate that day.
post #12708 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbo View Post

My god Vass shoes are spoiling it for me with all the others brands, they are just magnificent. My new cigar shell Budapesters on the P2 are sublime. I promised not but now just one more pair. I need a black calf pair for work on the P2, any suggestions for a classic, was thinking OEII but open to other suggestions please. Does the 3 eye derby look sleek enough on P2? Am I missing an obvious choice? Common gentlemen enable me here...

OEII is a beauty and would be a good mix with your shell. Maybe try F as well?
post #12709 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

Most hotel/airline reward cards don't have fees either. Of course with direct PayPal invoices like Skoak, PayPal will always try to default to its own conversion rates, which no surprise, are always higher than the going rate that day.

yeah wasnt considering fees at time of purchase :/
post #12710 of 20242

^^ What he said.  OEII on F is perfection for work.

 

 

These are oxblood, but you get the picture. :)

post #12711 of 20242
Wow! You can see they're oxblood from the bottom shoe but the top looks black! I need these!!
post #12712 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised a 39.5's outsole proportions are still quite generous... The instep is definitely what hurts me with Vass... hopefully the new last will be better.
I'm a little surprised at these measurements as well, as I have a 40.5 in the F last and am pretty sure mine measure 4.25" width. The really scary part is that mine are H width, so either Ironist is measuring his differently or he got a really bad pair that does not follow the standard last.
post #12713 of 20242
Here is a picture of the shoes I picked up while in Budapest together with a pair of gloves from the glove store that is located in the same street.

post #12714 of 20242
Superb.
post #12715 of 20242
Those are beauties - congrats!
post #12716 of 20242

Really love those as well.

post #12717 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

Wow! You can see they're oxblood from the bottom shoe but the top looks black! I need these!!

 

Yeah, it's a great colour.  They look a very dark brown in normal light a lot of the time, then the reddish tones come through when the daylight catches them.  A lot more subtle for business dress than burgundy, but so much more interesting than black.  I love these shoes.

post #12718 of 20242
^^^ ditto everything said above about oxblood.
post #12719 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Yeah, it's a great colour.  They look a very dark brown in normal light a lot of the time, then the reddish tones come through when the daylight catches them.  A lot more subtle for business dress than burgundy, but so much more interesting than black.  I love these shoes.
What cream & wax I shall use on oxblood? I wonder.
post #12720 of 20242
I use neutral for the most part, and Colonil Mahogany if I need to touch up a scuff.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)