or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 841

post #12601 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Telford View Post

Right i completely forgot about VAT. That makes a MTO even more tempting.

 
Where are you ordering from if you do decide to place an order? Directly through Vass? That does not appear to be an option for Americans like me frown.gif.

Any suggestions for buying MTO Vass shoes as someone who lives in the USA? My last pair of Vass were a GMTO placed through Notch and the buying experience was pleasant and went smoothly enough, but the customs fee hurt pretty bad. Any alternatives?

I have experienced essentially the same thing. Notch has been great but NMWA is also great and I have price certainty with them. Price wise neither is that much better or worse and both are great from a service perspective. I am happy to deal with either.
post #12602 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

You got your Oxblood/Bordeaux!? Wtf! I'm still waiting; must be the 3 piece trees. frown.gif

Looks like we're in the same boat. My shoes were ready back near the beginning of August but I'm waiting for those 3 piece shoe trees. Notch mentioned the third week of September.
post #12603 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post

Looks like we're in the same boat. My shoes were ready back near the beginning of August but I'm waiting for those 3 piece shoe trees. Notch mentioned the third week of September.
I've not even had confirmation of my shooz being ready! Doesn't matter much cos I'm pretty sure they're gonna be too big frown.gif
post #12604 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post


They are both good, have one of each 😉

 

Maybe I will, maybe I will.... :bigstar:

post #12605 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmir View Post

hot damn, it's a tie between F and P2 last for me. U last is okay I guess, I don't wear suits much, I think it looks better with clean, sharp lines of a suit with structured shoulders.

 



For a casual shoe I'd rock the heck out of P2 all day long.
post #12606 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

No, because your friend in Germany is subject to VAT. Why would you pay VAT in Canada?

I didn't think Vass did MTO through email outside of Europe and I figured if I had my friend pay for it but have Vass ship it here I could avoid VAT since the order would be going outside Europe.
post #12607 of 20262
Got to visit the Vass store today and was really impressed with the green museum calf. Very tempted to have them make a shoe in that leather. Boght the Budapest model on the New Peter last in oxblood cordovan. They will put on a thin rubber sole for me so will pick them up on Saturday.
post #12608 of 20262

FYI, Vass is launching a new website; www.vass-shoes.com

They will add new models to it, including the S-last. It's a work in progress and will be finished soon, according to mr. Kuti.

post #12609 of 20262

^ Step 6 in the MTO process on the new site includes payment by credit card. :bounce2: 

post #12610 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post

FYI, Vass is launching a new website; www.vass-shoes.com
They will add new models to it, including the S-last. It's a work in progress and will be finished soon, according to mr. Kuti.

It's about time but will they accept orders from US?
post #12611 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post
 

^ Step 6 in the MTO process on the new site includes payment by credit card. :bounce2: 

Yeah, that was my reaction also. Can't wait to place an order on a bordeaux and an oxblood model!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post
 

It's about time but will they accept orders from US?

I honestly don't know (and don't care as I live in Sweden, lol). But I suspect nothing will change from now on that matter.

post #12612 of 20262

Luckily, I'm on the existing US customer list. That CC payment option is such great news.

post #12613 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Telford View Post

I didn't think Vass did MTO through email outside of Europe and I figured if I had my friend pay for it but have Vass ship it here I could avoid VAT since the order would be going outside Europe.
Sorry, not how VAT works frown.gif if you live in an EU country, you pay it; no matter where you're shipping too. If you order direct, you don't pay VAT tho
post #12614 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

Sorry, not how VAT works frown.gif if you live in an EU country, you pay it; no matter where you're shipping too. If you order direct, you don't pay VAT tho

Oh ok, that sucks. Well what would be the best way of ordering while avoiding duty and VAT? I live directly on the border with the US so ordering there is an option for me.
post #12615 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Telford View Post

Oh ok, that sucks. Well what would be the best way of ordering while avoiding duty and VAT? I live directly on the border with the US so ordering there is an option for me.
 
Yup, you're in the same boat as I am frown.gif.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)