H width! Ha! Just caught this. I'm anxiously awaiting shoe gazing blogs pics of s last
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 11:13 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 2:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 833post #12481 of 205439/12/14 at 11:53pmpost #12482 of 205439/13/14 at 9:49ampost #12483 of 205439/13/14 at 10:16ampost #12484 of 205439/13/14 at 11:18ampost #12485 of 205439/13/14 at 11:44amQuote:
Thanks, it's actually just the normal pommadier, but I never used it. I kept it on hand in case there were any scratches that needed a bit of extra attention.
For my cordovan boots I use GlenKaren conditioner rather than Renovateur, don't ask me why, I just tried it once and I preferred the results. I use the conditioner in the same way as I would use renovateur. After I brushed of the conditioner I hit the boots with a teeny, tiny bit of wax. I use cotton rounds to apply both wax and conditioner.
When bringing out the shine, rather than spraying a bit of water on the boot as I do with my calf boots, I just breathed on them, silly as it sounds. If I'd had the patience I could probably put a complete mirror shine on the entire boot with very little wax, but that would take the patience of a saint.post #12486 of 205439/13/14 at 12:10pmYour boots look amazing and I'm glad you've been able to maintain that orange glow. In my experience lighter shell tends to darken easily so I've taken care to use seperate brushes.
Do you prefer cotton over the tip of finger? I need to try cotton balls for a more even output of wax. And this is saphir wax that you typically use for calf?post #12487 of 205439/13/14 at 12:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
Your boots look amazing and I'm glad you've been able to maintain that orange glow. In my experience lighter shell tends to darken easily so I've taken care to use seperate brushes.
Do you prefer cotton over the tip of finger? I need to try cotton balls for a more even output of wax. And this is saphir wax that you typically use for calf?
I definitely prefer cotton rounds over the tip of finger method, it's more comfortable for me. It also removes the need for separate brushes, as the appliers are disposable. The saphir wax is the same one that I use for calf.post #12488 of 205439/13/14 at 12:52pmpost #12489 of 205439/13/14 at 10:35pmQuote:I am a great fan of Vass and have four pair, all oxford's. Two on U, two on F and all in same size and width. No doubt inconsistant in sizing. Mostly in terms of width (or more correct, cirkumferens), but there is also 5mm difference in length between my two pairs U lasted shoes. Roominess explained by "hand made, lasted by different persons".
Love all of them but they do fit differently between them.post #12490 of 205439/14/14 at 3:26pmpost #12491 of 205439/14/14 at 5:14pmpost #12492 of 205439/14/14 at 5:49pmpost #12493 of 205439/14/14 at 6:04pmpost #12494 of 205439/14/14 at 6:12pmpost #12495 of 205439/14/14 at 6:22pmQuote:
For calf yes. I don't know for shell I'm confused with vass sizing can be inconsistent in sizing from shell to calf, blucher to balmoral. I still don't know how to size 100%.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1751 Active Users (387 Members and 1364 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Sole Welting 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...