H width! Ha! Just caught this. I'm anxiously awaiting shoe gazing blogs pics of s last
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD! VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 3/24/17 at 3:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Yesterday at 6:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 833post #12481 of 209089/12/14 at 11:53pmpost #12482 of 209089/13/14 at 9:49ampost #12483 of 209089/13/14 at 10:16ampost #12484 of 209089/13/14 at 11:18ampost #12485 of 209089/13/14 at 11:44amQuote:
Thanks, it's actually just the normal pommadier, but I never used it. I kept it on hand in case there were any scratches that needed a bit of extra attention.
For my cordovan boots I use GlenKaren conditioner rather than Renovateur, don't ask me why, I just tried it once and I preferred the results. I use the conditioner in the same way as I would use renovateur. After I brushed of the conditioner I hit the boots with a teeny, tiny bit of wax. I use cotton rounds to apply both wax and conditioner.
When bringing out the shine, rather than spraying a bit of water on the boot as I do with my calf boots, I just breathed on them, silly as it sounds. If I'd had the patience I could probably put a complete mirror shine on the entire boot with very little wax, but that would take the patience of a saint.post #12486 of 209089/13/14 at 12:10pmYour boots look amazing and I'm glad you've been able to maintain that orange glow. In my experience lighter shell tends to darken easily so I've taken care to use seperate brushes.
Do you prefer cotton over the tip of finger? I need to try cotton balls for a more even output of wax. And this is saphir wax that you typically use for calf?post #12487 of 209089/13/14 at 12:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
Your boots look amazing and I'm glad you've been able to maintain that orange glow. In my experience lighter shell tends to darken easily so I've taken care to use seperate brushes.
Do you prefer cotton over the tip of finger? I need to try cotton balls for a more even output of wax. And this is saphir wax that you typically use for calf?
I definitely prefer cotton rounds over the tip of finger method, it's more comfortable for me. It also removes the need for separate brushes, as the appliers are disposable. The saphir wax is the same one that I use for calf.post #12488 of 209089/13/14 at 12:52pmpost #12489 of 209089/13/14 at 10:35pmQuote:I am a great fan of Vass and have four pair, all oxford's. Two on U, two on F and all in same size and width. No doubt inconsistant in sizing. Mostly in terms of width (or more correct, cirkumferens), but there is also 5mm difference in length between my two pairs U lasted shoes. Roominess explained by "hand made, lasted by different persons".
Love all of them but they do fit differently between them.post #12490 of 209089/14/14 at 3:26pmpost #12491 of 209089/14/14 at 5:14pmpost #12492 of 209089/14/14 at 5:49pmpost #12493 of 209089/14/14 at 6:04pmpost #12494 of 209089/14/14 at 6:12pmpost #12495 of 209089/14/14 at 6:22pmQuote:
For calf yes. I don't know for shell I'm confused with vass sizing can be inconsistent in sizing from shell to calf, blucher to balmoral. I still don't know how to size 100%.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1616 Active Users (342 Members and 1274 Guests)
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 21 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 5 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 10 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...