or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 825

post #12361 of 20282
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post

I find myself interested in this Galosh Oxford too:



However, I'm not sure how much I'd be able to wear them. How casual can they go? I almost never get to wear suits, and rarely even get to wear sport coats outside of going to church on Sundays. Would it be acceptable to wear dressier cotton chinos with these?

All comes down to personal style ...

I personally would not wear those with cotton chinos of any variety.
post #12362 of 20282
^^^Gentlemen, I appreciate the comments regarding the galosh oxford. Now to figure out if the trigger should be pulled or not...
post #12363 of 20282
Wrong place to ask that question...
post #12364 of 20282
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

All comes down to personal style ...

I personally would not wear those with cotton chinos of any variety.

I thought you weren't even allowed to wear Oxford shoes without a suit let alone chinos.
post #12365 of 20282
For the last 5 years at least, I have been wearing almost exclusively cotton trousers (dress chinos) with sport coats. Maybe 90% of the time. Nearly always with oxfords, but sometimes with derbies or boots.

I'm talking Incotex/Rota style dress chinos with a center crease - not dockers.
post #12366 of 20282
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

For the last 5 years at least, I have been wearing almost exclusively cotton trousers (dress chinos) with sport coats. Maybe 90% of the time. Nearly always with oxfords, but sometimes with derbies or boots.

I'm talking Incotex/Rota style dress chinos with a center crease - not dockers.

But...but some Dockers do have a center crease. :embar:

post #12367 of 20282
MOAR!!! Order still open to everyone btw.

Kangaroo chukkas






Regular programming...









post #12368 of 20282
how did you pull off the kangaroo? did you send them the leather? vass needs more variety of textured leathers would love if they got some shrunken calf, hatchgrain, etc
post #12369 of 20282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post


I thought you weren't even allowed to wear Oxford shoes without a suit let alone chinos.

 

I am with you on this one (suede being my only exception).  As Greg alluded to, I think it depends on personal taste these days.  I will always gravitate towards a loafer, monk, chukka or boot for non-suit outfits.  

post #12370 of 20282
sstomcat...which last did you use on the black calf ankle boot with the stitched apron?
post #12371 of 20282
Arahat...the 360 degree Goyser stiching on the burgundy long wing blucher looks elegant
post #12372 of 20282
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

how did you pull off the kangaroo? did you send them the leather? vass needs more variety of textured leathers would love if they got some shrunken calf, hatchgrain, etc

I like that kangaroo. If I recall Arahat sources it himself. Will need a pair in Kangaroo.
post #12373 of 20282
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

For the last 5 years at least, I have been wearing almost exclusively cotton trousers (dress chinos) with sport coats. Maybe 90% of the time. Nearly always with oxfords, but sometimes with derbies or boots.

I'm talking Incotex/Rota style dress chinos with a center crease - not dockers.

I like cotton pants as well. Do you get them bespoke or MTM? I was wondering if you have any fabric books/mills to recommend for cotton pants..
post #12374 of 20282
I've never had cotton trousers made custom - I must have 20 of them and they're a mix of Incotex, Rota, Mabitex, Borrelli mostly. I know that Dugdale and Caccioppoli have cotton books but otherwise I'm not quite sure what mills to recommend
post #12375 of 20282
@Michael Ay329 Cheers, the 360 goyser shell cordovan oxblood longwings do look fantastic. The owner (not me) has a great eye for design.



Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

I like that kangaroo. If I recall Arahat sources it himself. Will need a pair in Kangaroo.

@NAMOR Frank's right. I do source the kangaroo for group orders. I find that it's perfect for boots. It shrugs of inclement weather, mud, urban grime etc. without too much fuss yet wears to an interesting patina. I'll try to get some photos of a worn pair soon.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)