or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 812

post #12166 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Lol how many pairs you get? In production or already delivered?

I have a total of 10 pairs - but that's over the course of 2.5 years...still if I had known they would be coming out with this S last, I wouldn't have ordered anything this year hehehe
post #12167 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker View Post

That's disappointing, shouldn't the C last come first?

I see what you did there. But not before N and T
post #12168 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedashidofu View Post

I have a total of 10 pairs - but that's over the course of 2.5 years...still if I had known they would be coming out with this S last, I wouldn't have ordered anything this year hehehe

Lol that's a bummer especially if they are looking to improve on the U.. I only have one U and love it. I think if any of my ongoing mto was on U I would probably give Cootie the red light..

Edit- 10 pairs on U?!?!
post #12169 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post

Some interesting news, Vass has developed a new last: S. It's a development of the U-last, with the same length but a bit sleeker, with lower instep and a more defined, square toe. Not as soft square as U-last. Rezso describes it as "a more British design". They will show samples of shoes made on the S-last on a trunk show I'm hosting in Stockholm on September 20, so will be able to share pics after that. They haven't had it made up in all sizes and all yet though, so will still be a while before you can order shoes on it. On the event in Stockholm they also will present a new series of models.

It sounds like they are putting the u last on weight loss plan and making it more aggressive looking? Am I reading that correctly? Sleeker, lower instep, and more defined, chiseled square toe?! S last sounds like U last on cocaine ala Kate moss
post #12170 of 20276

Haven't seen it. But from the description I'd say it sounds more like G&G TG73 than MH71 (or EG 888). "U last on cocaine" might be a good description :)

post #12171 of 20276
S last sounds ridiculously awesome. Do want.
post #12172 of 20276
...isn't K-last already a very pointy, narrow and low last in the Vass selection?
post #12173 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

...isn't K-last already a very pointy, narrow and low last in the Vass selection?

This.
post #12174 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

...isn't K-last already a very pointy, narrow and low last in the Vass selection?

 

Nah, K-last just narrows more in the toe part and has a round toe instead of soft square. And the toe is higher on K than on U. Ball volume and instep and everything is still U-last. S-last seems to have changed more from the original U-last than K. And I'm not sure where you get pointy from? Sleek isn't pointy to my ears. (Still, I might be wrong, like I say I haven't seen it.)

post #12175 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post
 

 

Nah, K-last just narrows more in the toe part and has a round toe instead of soft square. And the toe is higher on K than on U. Ball volume and instep and everything is still U-last. S-last seems to have changed more from the original U-last than K. And I'm not sure where you get pointy from? Sleek isn't pointy to my ears. (Still, I might be wrong, like I say I haven't seen it.)

 

This too. ;)

post #12176 of 20276
U is plenty sleek enough for me. And a lower instep would not work for me at all in terms of fit. I'll be interested to see what S looks like, but have little enthusiasm for it from a purchase standpoint. For dress shoes, U is by far my fave, followed by F.
post #12177 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

...isn't K-last already a very pointy, narrow and low last in the Vass selection?

 

Nah, K-last just narrows more in the toe part and has a round toe instead of soft square. And the toe is higher on K than on U. Ball volume and instep and everything is still U-last. S-last seems to have changed more from the original U-last than K. And I'm not sure where you get pointy from? Sleek isn't pointy to my ears. (Still, I might be wrong, like I say I haven't seen it.)

 

Interesting. Lower instep with a bit more final toe width might work very well for me. Interested to see how this ends up.

post #12178 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

...isn't K-last already a very pointy, narrow and low last in the Vass selection?

K has a narrow toe box but a reasonably wide forefoot and high instep.
post #12179 of 20276

I was just thinking the other day that I'd love to see a more English-styled soft square.  Looking forward to seeing this.

post #12180 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post
 

I was just thinking the other day that I'd love to see a more English-styled soft square.  Looking forward to seeing this.

 

Too bad, since apparently the S last will apparently have a more pronounced square toe and not a soft square toe...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post
 

Some interesting news, Vass has developed a new last: S. It's a development of the U-last, with the same length but a bit sleeker, with lower instep and a more defined, square toe. Not as soft square as U-last. Rezso describes it as "a more British design". They will show samples of shoes made on the S-last on a trunk show I'm hosting in Stockholm on September 20, so will be able to share pics after that. They haven't had it made up in all sizes and all yet though, so will still be a while before you can order shoes on it. On the event in Stockholm they also will present a new series of models.

 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)