or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 81

post #1201 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolecho View Post
Some used numbers, and some that will be getting into rotation soon. All in F last.


All shell lineup, L to R: Budapest Oxford saddle, Budapest Oxford dark brown, "Melton" whiskey, Old English Medallion saddle, "Asquith" bordeaux, "Berkeley" cigar


Great collection kolecho. Love the four captoes.
post #1202 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
kolecho - Those all look superb. Can't wait for my whiskey meltons! One question though: why no derbies? Do the oxfords just fit you much better?
I am not fond of derbys in general, and specifically on F last. I like my derbys chunkier.
post #1203 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolecho View Post
I am not fond of derbys in general, and specifically on F last. I like my derbys chunkier.

I was wondering how the f last would look with a penny loafer - that picture answered,

SUPERB!
post #1204 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolecho View Post
I am not fond of derbys in general, and specifically on F last. I like my derbys chunkier.

Gotcha. Interesting how the brogued cap toes almost trick you visually to thinking they are wider than the wingtips which appear more slender.
post #1205 of 20276
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
Gotcha. Interesting how the brogued cap toes almost trick you visually to thinking they are wider than the wingtips which appear more slender.

my theory is coz of the caps on ze Vash's are quite short, thro my other thinking is - wooden last's
post #1206 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post
my theory is coz of the caps on ze Vash's are quite short, thro my other thinking is - wooden last's

Could be. I imagine it's also a bit of a visual play where the horizontal captoe forces your eyes to follow that same line and more horizontal = a wider effect. That's the art history major in me coming out to say hi!
post #1207 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
I imagine it's also a bit of a visual play where the horizontal captoe forces your eyes to follow that same line and more horizontal = a wider effect. That's the art history major in me coming out to say hi!

You are quite right re visual play. The wings break up the width of the uppers at the ball area. Makes the shoe appear narrower. FWIW, I think Vass cuts an awesome wingtip oxford, certainly one of the best I have seen in the RTW market.
post #1208 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolecho View Post
You are quite right re visual play. The wings break up the width of the uppers at the ball area. Makes the shoe appear narrower. FWIW, I think Vass cuts an awesome wingtip oxford, certainly one of the best I have seen in the RTW market.

Vass cuts an awesome everything. I just received two pairs of Edward Green MTO's this week and they were decidedly less exciting than my recent Vass boxes! Look forward to my upcoming Vass boxes next month! :^)
post #1209 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
Gotcha. Interesting how the brogued cap toes almost trick you visually to thinking they are wider than the wingtips which appear more slender.

true indeed!
post #1210 of 20276
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
Vass cuts an awesome everything. I just received two pairs of Edward Green MTO's this week and they were decidedly less exciting than my recent Vass boxes! Look forward to my upcoming Vass boxes next month! :^)

lol, what EG's did you get?
post #1211 of 20276
Looking forward to my vass too, can't wait!

edit: kolecho, did you size down .5 in your loafers?
post #1212 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post
lol, what EG's did you get?

Just posted one in the shoe porn thread: Newmarket in Burnt Pine. The other is an Oundle in Edwardian, but there's some heel slippage on them so still at the office for carpeted test drives. They look great so hopefully they'll fit!
post #1213 of 20276
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
Just posted one in the shoe porn thread: Newmarket in Burnt Pine. The other is an Oundle in Edwardian, but there's some heel slippage on them so still at the office for carpeted test drives. They look great so hopefully they'll fit!

but dont you like have that in suede so shouldn't it fit with out any issues, as suede fit looser i find?
post #1214 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post
but dont you like have that in suede so shouldn't it fit with out any issues, as suede fit looser i find?

I do have the Newmarket in suede, but on the 202 in a 10.5/11 D. That pair fit a bit better right off the bat.

What's odd though is that the Oundle has such heel slippage when normally the 888 10/10.5 fits like a glove. Ahhh...good ol' handmade shoe variance.
post #1215 of 20276
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
I do have the Newmarket in suede, but on the 202 in a 10.5/11 D. That pair fit a bit better right off the bat.

What's odd though is that the Oundle has such heel slippage when normally the 888 10/10.5 fits like a glove. Ahhh...good ol' handmade shoe variance.

more like joys of RTW and old wooden lasts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)