I think the powder has to get under the sockliner, but hell, I'll try and put it on anyway, and see if anything happens.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 1:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 12:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 799post #11971 of 185628/5/14 at 11:44am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11972 of 185628/5/14 at 11:46ampost #11973 of 185628/5/14 at 12:02pmpost #11974 of 185628/5/14 at 12:03pmpost #11975 of 185628/5/14 at 7:08pmpost #11976 of 185628/5/14 at 8:36pmpost #11977 of 185628/6/14 at 12:16ampost #11978 of 185628/6/14 at 12:42amQuote:
Squeeks can come from a number of different places in the shoe. Between the sockliner and the insole is most likely not the problem though, since it's glued in place, so don't think about that. It's likely that it is internal, which means that some powder won't help either, unfortunately, but you can always give it a try. It's leather against leather, or the cork filling, that causes squeekiness in most cases. That's why many bespoke makers prefer felt to fill the space between insole and outsole, since felt don't make noices. It's getting harder and harder to get these days though.
In many cases the squeekiness will disappear in some time. If it don't, and the powder don't help, you might have to send them and have Vass open them up to fix, or have a good cobbler do the same.post #11979 of 185628/6/14 at 4:52amQuote:
If you stick a bit ordinary talcum powder or similar in there, and wear it for a day, it will work its way in around the sock anyway. You will also be almost certain not to develop athlete's foot.
I've always assumed his English is fine and/or native, and that this spiel is just part of his anonymous character. In between the lines, the dude knows a lot about shoes. He also likes to be very measures in his criticism. Industry insider at a place of note, I would speculate.Quote:
Budapester model, I think 3636 last, possibly in shell cordovan - but if it's a standard model in normal calf, then it would be model number 4 on the website, I think.post #11980 of 185628/6/14 at 5:21ampost #11981 of 185628/6/14 at 5:55amQuote:
Model 04: double sole, 3636 last. Looks to be in cigar shell as well. Refer to one of my marketplace listings, it's looks exactly like it, except it's in dark brown calf and not shell.
i know it's subjective, but proportionally Vass nailed the design big time.post #11982 of 185628/6/14 at 4:34pmpost #11983 of 185628/6/14 at 4:45pmpost #11984 of 185628/7/14 at 3:39am
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 17 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...