Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 1:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 12:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 793
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11882 of 185707/29/14 at 9:58ampost #11883 of 185707/29/14 at 4:37pmpost #11884 of 185707/29/14 at 4:56pmpost #11885 of 185707/30/14 at 12:04amWent to the Vass shop in Budapest and tried on a whole host of shoes, great time. The U is just a little too narrow and I must say that I found the fitting across the instep too tight (44.5 standard F width). I sized down to 44 with the F last on a G width and found it just right, the laces have about 0.5 cm gap when tied). I think, although I did not try, the 44.5 in a U with a G width would be ok for me. All other lasts I tried, Budapester, P2 etc I am a 44 standard F fitting.
For the price you pay, particularly if you go cash, I cannot see how any other shoe comes close to the Vass quality.post #11886 of 185707/30/14 at 12:09ampost #11887 of 185707/30/14 at 4:31ampost #11888 of 185707/30/14 at 8:31ampost #11889 of 185707/30/14 at 12:02pmQuote:interesting to see how vass executes a bellows tongue. I had a conversation with NAMOR about this before you mentioned it on the forum. not sure if it is a great choice or not. do you have any other boots with bellows tongues currently?Originally Posted by mimo
I meant I would ask Vass to do a bellows tongue and specify the type/height as required. I've never seen one. If you're interested, I've PM'd you.post #11890 of 185707/30/14 at 1:30pm
No, but I have had. I wouldn't put it in a dress boot, just for comfort and ease. But this concept is a heavy winter boot with open lacing, goyser stitching and a bullet-proof leather. It seems to me in keeping with the style to make it waterproof all the way up - well, three quarters anyway, if it's too high it makes the boot awkward to put on and take off, and it's supposed to be practical after all.post #11891 of 185707/30/14 at 2:02pmpost #11892 of 185708/1/14 at 12:45ampost #11893 of 185708/1/14 at 12:56ampost #11894 of 185708/1/14 at 5:08ampost #11895 of 185708/1/14 at 5:43am
Me get few pair in last 4 week.
3636 last alt wien
P2 last captoe
F last alt wien
Me get other brands too.
Me never post picture because me not good with technical thing,
me not no about tricky thing,
me primitive man,
we eat jungle fruit and we eat dog like old way,
it very very good.
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 6 minutes ago
- › POLO RALPH LAUREN Leather 1990 VINTAGE Suicide Skier Commemorative... 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 8 minutes ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...