They might actually be the same color though.
Looking good. Disappointed in Epaulet's shoe knowledge, though!
I'm interested, though anyone interested in a shit-kicking pebble grain boot should check the Meermin thread FAST for an on-going GMTO that's about to issue and PM David. Not a LWB, but an awesome winter boot that presses some of the same buttons.
But though I'm in that one, more is of course more, and I'd be interested in bordeaux too - the only colour in this family that Vass do in scotchgrain I think: I believe those are the same colour in different light, and not too dandy for me. But if this does get off the ground, then Vass are likely to offer an option on the leather e.g. bordeaux or antic cognac scotchgrain, or one scotchgrain one calf, or whatever. Sticking to the same last will be the main thing so that the pattern stays the same. Welt and sole options are easy to tailor individually.
If three people say they're interested in the next 24 hours, I am happy to start this ball a-rolling if nobody else does.
Thanks a lot, Jonas! Not bad at all, and should be easy for Vass as they already have a pattern (as long as the P2 last isn't a problem for anyone - looks like a good choice to me).
So, who's in for the VASS GUNBOOT GMTO?
- Style as above, though I'd like to make it a real outdoor boot by adding a bellows tongue
- New Peter last
- Provisional choice of brown or bordeaux scotchgrain, other options may be possible, suggestions welcome. One "upcharge" option of shell or museum, perhaps?
- Sole can be single, double, commando, goyser-stitched or not, total individual freedom at standard cost (I'm going to ask if they'll do triple soled goyser...)
- Will enquire about boot trees
- Price will be subject to further enquiry, but the aim is to make it as cheap as a standard boot direct from Vass (ex. VAT where appropriate), with delivery included to anywhere.
PM me a show of hands please, and if there are enough interested, I'll get something started.