or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 788

post #11806 of 20266
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

P2 has a generous toe box similar to forest. high walls, and wide across the ball. No almond toe shape slightly rounded

Excellent, thank you! The boots look baller. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #11807 of 20266
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayH View Post
 

 

beautiful! but wait.. didn't you just get the OE 2 the other month?!

post #11808 of 20266
PCK1, there's perhaps no need for cutting up a very good shoe. Claymoor's List, a favourite shuu blog of mine, visited the Vass workshop last year and published closer to a hundred photos. Some of them show pairs in the making, with holdfasts, inner stitchings, guts, gore and all. Like Jesper previously wrote: they are not fancy shoes as the welt stitching is sparse, a bit off and the welts are wide, but for the money no other maker I know can beat Vass. That's the thing with the Hungarians -- they don't make shoes for dandies but men. You'll have to go with G&G or the like if you want a readymade fancy shoe.
post #11809 of 20266
Repost of our short slideshow
http://vimeo.com/m/75623597
post #11810 of 20266

Thanks for the complementi guys.

 

The make up is U last, Adelaide, HAF sole with flush metal toe caps, burgundy calf from Tanneries Du Puy.

 

@sliq This pair was actually my first pair of Vass, bought before OE ii....and before the Double Monks.

Three months and three pairs :hide:

post #11811 of 20266

Anybody knows what last are the wingtips on? 

 

 

 

post #11812 of 20266
looks like the budapester last
post #11813 of 20266
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsayno View Post

looks like the budapester last

I'd say 3636, or maybe P3.
post #11814 of 20266
JezeC, looks like New Peter to my eyes. Funny how we offer three interpretations. You'd best email Vass about the pair, they should know.
post #11815 of 20266
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

JezeC, looks like New Peter to my eyes. Funny how we offer three interpretations. You'd best email Vass about the pair, they should know.

smile.gif

JezeC, if you email them please tell us which it is, curious.
post #11816 of 20266
Captoes looks great p2 last?
post #11817 of 20266
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayH View Post
 

Thanks for the complementi guys.

 

The make up is U last, Adelaide, HAF sole with flush metal toe caps, burgundy calf from Tanneries Du Puy.

 

@sliq This pair was actually my first pair of Vass, bought before OE ii....and before the Double Monks.

Three months and three pairs :hide:

 

Adelaide? Does it have a model number or is it a MTO creation?

post #11818 of 20266

@hoodog this was a MTO make up. I specified punched captoe Adelaide and Vass did the rest. 

post #11819 of 20266
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayH View Post

@hoodog
 this was a MTO make up. I specified punched captoe Adelaide and Vass did the rest. 
Awesome looking shoe. There's a similar Adelaide model but with a V-cap. I've been reluctant to order since I prefer a straight punched captoe instead of a V-cap. Did you only ask for an Adelaide with a punched cap toe? Great looking color btw, they remind me of my C&J Westbourne chestnut.
post #11820 of 20266
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post

Adelaide? Does it have a model number or is it a MTO creation?

I think the correct Vass terminology would be Italian Oxford with toe and heel cap without medallion. But if you can it's always best to send them a picture of the exact make up you want, this way you limit the chances for mistakes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)