or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 786

post #11776 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

BEST REMIX EVER
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #11777 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Curiosity really. Fit on these in 45 feels good. I'd say slightly more generous than P2 though a bit shorter. Seems as if the quarters will be completely closed. Will assess further after break in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

I don't have a pair on the F last yet, so I can compare instep. I'll take some comparison photos of the P2 and R for you certainly and I'll see if I can formulate a useful opinion on the relative instep height of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Thanks.
Here's my best shot at taking some shots comparing the New Peter (the green ones) and the R last. Both are in 45F. New Peter is on a single sole and the R on a double. I also tried to take a few shots of the shoe trees since they are shape specific and I think help to give an impression of the last. I would say that the R has a slightly higher instep, is slightly wider across the ball of the foot or maybe has a slightly narrower waist, is is slightly shorter, and has a more tapered if not chiseled toe box. What do you think?




[New Peter tree on the left, R on the right]



I have the R last pair on with some thicker socks today and while the quarters are still pretty much closed, fit feels comfortable walking around inside.

One other thing I'll note is that my R last trees are marked 11, instead of 45. I'm not sure if that's a UK or US size, though I do happen to be an 11 US.

@FrankCowperwoodwhats the verdict with the fit? I love the look of r last. reminds me of a something in between EG82 and GG06 but with a tapered nose
post #11778 of 20262
that R last on that shoe is way more elegant than the P2 you have there
post #11779 of 20262
The pair on the R last looks perfect.
post #11780 of 20262
Vass V cap on F last, brown museum







post #11781 of 20262
@NAMOR: Nice post compilation. 😄

R fit for me is true to Vass size. So 45 and same as F and P2. It's got a little more volume (particularly in the instep) than either of those and it is a shade shorter. But I'd say go with your standard size (and that was Mr. Kuti's advice to me).

I have to agree that it's an elegant shape and more refined than the P2, and I do like the P2. It is a last I would choose again certainly.
post #11782 of 20262
Wurger, those came out nice!
post #11783 of 20262
Which Vass list is the most accomodating across the toes? I have semi-wide feet, but I do not have any taper between forefoot and toes. Carmina's Forest last sits like bespoke while the Rain is a bit cramped in the toes for me.
post #11784 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

@NAMOR: Nice post compilation. 😄

R fit for me is true to Vass size. So 45 and same as F and P2. It's got a little more volume (particularly in the instep) than either of those and it is a shade shorter. But I'd say go with your standard size (and that was Mr. Kuti's advice to me).

I have to agree that it's an elegant shape and more refined than the P2, and I do like the P2. It is a last I would choose again certainly.

Really helpful, thanks! The P2 is slightly tight across the instep for me of R might be perfect for me. I have been considering a London plain toe in brown museum calf and maybe I will go R.

post #11785 of 20262
Mine are OEii on haf sole in museum
post #11786 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Really helpful, thanks! The P2 is slightly tight across the instep for me of R might be perfect for me. I have been considering a London plain toe in brown museum calf and maybe I will go R.

Sounds nice. You are considering a derby I take it? Seems like they show the R as an oxford in general, but I bet it would work well as a derby too. I'd like to see that.
post #11787 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post


Sounds nice. You are considering a derby I take it? Seems like they show the R as an oxford in general, but I bet it would work well as a derby too. I'd like to see that.

I'll keep you posted

post #11788 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfn View Post

Which Vass list is the most accomodating across the toes? I have semi-wide feet, but I do not have any taper between forefoot and toes. Carmina's Forest last sits like bespoke while the Rain is a bit cramped in the toes for me.

P2 has a generous toe box similar to forest. high walls, and wide across the ball. No almond toe shape slightly rounded

Today:
post #11789 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

@NAMOR: Nice post compilation. 😄

R fit for me is true to Vass size. So 45 and same as F and P2. It's got a little more volume (particularly in the instep) than either of those and it is a shade shorter. But I'd say go with your standard size (and that was Mr. Kuti's advice to me).

I have to agree that it's an elegant shape and more refined than the P2, and I do like the P2. It is a last I would choose again certainly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Really helpful, thanks! The P2 is slightly tight across the instep for me of R might be perfect for me. I have been considering a London plain toe in brown museum calf and maybe I will go R.

r would be great for a plain toe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Sounds nice. You are considering a derby I take it? Seems like they show the R as an oxford in general, but I bet it would work well as a derby too. I'd like to see that.

thanks FC. I took a 45 in the P2 and need an insole (probably because shell is made about 1/4 sizes bigger. I think ill shoot for a 45 in R. I love the shape. From your other posts, you consider the fit of the r last to be slightly more generous than P2?
post #11790 of 20262


Vass FTW!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)