Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 2/6/16 at 1:54pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 2/2/16 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Aren't technically almost all shoe leathers corrected grain?Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 767post #11491 of 185346/8/14 at 6:38am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11492 of 185346/8/14 at 6:43am
@tchoy Ascot has that blue suede pair in my size and I was tempted even though I have the Carminas. Yes, I have issues....
They have a sleek looking pair in black calf as well, but I need to sit on my wallet at least until the fall as home renovations are eating up discretionary cash.
I wear my St. C. chukkas with a sport coat and tie, but generally go with a dress shoe for suits.
Enjoy those blue suede beauties!post #11493 of 185346/8/14 at 6:54ampost #11494 of 185346/8/14 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Louis XIV
I posted it several times before, but will post it again.
For smaller sizes in Vass, stick to the following chart and you will be fine.
If between sizes, take the smaller one.
UK6 = EU39,5
UK6.5 = EU40
UK7 = EU40,5
UK7.5 = EU41
UK8 = EU41,5
I am at the upper end of that scale at UK8 so hopefully the issue is less amplified for me than what it would be for someone ordering a UK6 (ie someone ordering EU40). I ordered EU42 on Reszo's recommendation.post #11495 of 185346/9/14 at 6:44amQuote:
Love your choice in goyser with a closed-laced shoe. You have another pair with that make-up, correct? Your photos helped me from second guessing myself as I have an order with goyser on the OEII on the way =)post #11496 of 185346/9/14 at 8:16ampost #11497 of 185346/9/14 at 8:25ampost #11498 of 185346/9/14 at 8:36amQuote:
Yes - this pair below is essentially the same make-up - and thanks!
rydenfan - love that scotchgrain pair.post #11499 of 185346/9/14 at 6:08pmHey guys, I'm placing an order for two cordovan shoes and I was wondering if I could get some input on whether or not this makeup makes sense and has a place in one's shoe wardrobe. First of all, I have no derby or cordovan shoes and I usually wear business casual clothes. I'm probably over-thinking this but I'm dropping a lot of money and I don't want to have any regrets.
#1 Punched cap toe derby, basically the same as below (F Last / Single Sole) but in oxblood shell.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
When I see this style it's mostly in calf and shell seems much more prevalent with other styles of derby shoes (PTB / LWB). Is there a valid reason for this? Does the fact that it has features pulling in opposite directions make it more or less versatile? On one hand there's the sleeker F last, quarter brogue, and single sole and then in the opposite direction there's cordovan and derby. I love the design, it's just I'm wondering if the shell would make it worse and I'd be better off getting a LWB.
Also, the other shoe is a Budapest in antique cognac cordovan so I thought a punch toe would make sense. Am I going to regret the punched cap toes? Will this makeup not look good or have no place in my wardrobe? Thanks.
#2 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #11500 of 185346/9/14 at 6:13pmpost #11501 of 185346/11/14 at 8:45pmpost #11502 of 185346/11/14 at 9:07pmpost #11503 of 185346/11/14 at 9:47pmQuote:
Thanks, decided to go with oxblood shell LWB as well as the antique cognac shell budapest. Just deciding on whether or not to go with goyser. Leaning toward no since it's on the f last but I think it'd look good either way.post #11504 of 185346/12/14 at 12:29amGo for Goyser. It adds the extra hand aesthetic the the shoes.post #11505 of 185346/12/14 at 4:06am
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 13 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 18 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 27 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 32 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 32 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...