Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 12:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:32am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 767post #11491 of 198226/8/14 at 6:38ampost #11492 of 198226/8/14 at 6:43am
@tchoy Ascot has that blue suede pair in my size and I was tempted even though I have the Carminas. Yes, I have issues....
They have a sleek looking pair in black calf as well, but I need to sit on my wallet at least until the fall as home renovations are eating up discretionary cash.
I wear my St. C. chukkas with a sport coat and tie, but generally go with a dress shoe for suits.
Enjoy those blue suede beauties!post #11493 of 198226/8/14 at 6:54ampost #11494 of 198226/8/14 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Louis XIV
I posted it several times before, but will post it again.
For smaller sizes in Vass, stick to the following chart and you will be fine.
If between sizes, take the smaller one.
UK6 = EU39,5
UK6.5 = EU40
UK7 = EU40,5
UK7.5 = EU41
UK8 = EU41,5
I am at the upper end of that scale at UK8 so hopefully the issue is less amplified for me than what it would be for someone ordering a UK6 (ie someone ordering EU40). I ordered EU42 on Reszo's recommendation.post #11495 of 198226/9/14 at 6:44amQuote:
Love your choice in goyser with a closed-laced shoe. You have another pair with that make-up, correct? Your photos helped me from second guessing myself as I have an order with goyser on the OEII on the way =)post #11496 of 198226/9/14 at 8:16ampost #11497 of 198226/9/14 at 8:25ampost #11498 of 198226/9/14 at 8:36amQuote:
Yes - this pair below is essentially the same make-up - and thanks!
rydenfan - love that scotchgrain pair.post #11499 of 198226/9/14 at 6:08pmHey guys, I'm placing an order for two cordovan shoes and I was wondering if I could get some input on whether or not this makeup makes sense and has a place in one's shoe wardrobe. First of all, I have no derby or cordovan shoes and I usually wear business casual clothes. I'm probably over-thinking this but I'm dropping a lot of money and I don't want to have any regrets.
#1 Punched cap toe derby, basically the same as below (F Last / Single Sole) but in oxblood shell.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
When I see this style it's mostly in calf and shell seems much more prevalent with other styles of derby shoes (PTB / LWB). Is there a valid reason for this? Does the fact that it has features pulling in opposite directions make it more or less versatile? On one hand there's the sleeker F last, quarter brogue, and single sole and then in the opposite direction there's cordovan and derby. I love the design, it's just I'm wondering if the shell would make it worse and I'd be better off getting a LWB.
Also, the other shoe is a Budapest in antique cognac cordovan so I thought a punch toe would make sense. Am I going to regret the punched cap toes? Will this makeup not look good or have no place in my wardrobe? Thanks.
#2 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #11500 of 198226/9/14 at 6:13pmpost #11501 of 198226/11/14 at 8:45pmpost #11502 of 198226/11/14 at 9:07pmpost #11503 of 198226/11/14 at 9:47pmQuote:
Thanks, decided to go with oxblood shell LWB as well as the antique cognac shell budapest. Just deciding on whether or not to go with goyser. Leaning toward no since it's on the f last but I think it'd look good either way.post #11504 of 198226/12/14 at 12:29amGo for Goyser. It adds the extra hand aesthetic the the shoes.post #11505 of 198226/12/14 at 4:06am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 1 second ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 36 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 51 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Vintage lanvin sportcoat from nieman marcus 14 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 15 minutes ago
- › Usage of the term "suiting" 16 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 19 minutes ago
- › The best Neapolitan ties 21 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 22 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding