or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 735

post #11011 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

You guys keep talking about HAF or double, no one ever does single sole? I thought outside of Vass, double is usually used on boots and single was the most common option.
Some of the models really do look just as good or better with double. Norweger, for example, and maybe the PTB. Apart from that, I think new Vass users have to get it out of their systems.
post #11012 of 20267
In the HAF sole business, i think GG does a better job:




I have to agree, the VASS HAF looks odd...
post #11013 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Of Saphir View Post

Yes,
Vass never do good balance HAF sole.

lol, you know more, much more than me...and most. thankyou!
post #11014 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

In the HAF sole business, i think GG does a better job:




I have to agree, the VASS HAF looks odd...

smile.gif
post #11015 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

Some of the models really do look just as good or better with double. Norweger, for example, and maybe the PTB. Apart from that, I think new Vass users have to get it out of their systems.

Norweger, Budapester, Alt Wien and even London if I may add look better in double.
post #11016 of 20267
So basically all derby shoes look better with double? Is this true regardless of last (F,U,K)? Honestly, I thought double was good for derbies and boots and single was better for oxfords, loafers, and monks. Not sure which group the HAF looks better with. Guess it's for people who just can't stand the look of doubles no matter what?
post #11017 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Of Saphir View Post


Yes,
Vass never do good balance HAF sole.

 

Agreed. I have never done a HAF sole before, but from the very first pics of Vass I saw, I stayed away from it.

 

Don't see why it can't be purely a choice between a single or double sole.

post #11018 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstomcat View Post


Pictures say it all, from the owner, not mine. For what it is worth this guy is very knowledgeable. Blow the picture to read comments.



 

Looks like they use the heel for a single sole, when perhaps the higher heel for the double sole should have been used?

post #11019 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

So basically all derby shoes look better with double? Is this true regardless of last (F,U,K)? Honestly, I thought double was good for derbies and boots and single was better for oxfords, loafers, and monks. Not sure which group the HAF looks better with. Guess it's for people who just can't stand the look of doubles no matter what?

I have a pair of New Peter Alt Wiens on a single sole, which is just as the particular version is shown on the Vass site. And I have a pair of oxford on the R last with a double sole and I think they look good.
post #11020 of 20267

I don't think my HAF-sole double monks look unbalanced.  I think they look awesome. :) If others think I can't possibly be serious about that - no worries on my end - I didn't buy the shoes to please them.  They please me very well indeed.

 

 

Hosting provided by FotoTime 

post #11021 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I don't think my HAF-sole double monks look unbalanced.  I think they look awesome. smile.gif  If others think I can't possibly be serious about that - no worries on my end - I didn't buy the shoes to please them.  They please me very well indeed.


orig.jpg 

Well - this has got to be one of my favorite amongst your collection - the 1st one being the gold museum, and no they don't look unbalanced to me at all!
post #11022 of 20267

So what is the price for a pair of non-MTO Vash? I've heard the 420 euro price they have on their sheet includes VAT, and I've heard that price excludes VAT.

post #11023 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

In the HAF sole business, i think GG does a better job:




I have to agree, the VASS HAF looks odd...

Yes,
and it feel odd.
No good support under ball of foot and make it feel like falling back ward.
Only support under start of ball of foot but not full ball of foot.
Lot of pressure in heel area.
Bad.
post #11024 of 20267
Best is to email them directly regarding prices. It may not include shipping cost, toe taps, trees and last but not least double to single sole smile.gif. I cannot but pretend to be serious on the last part.
post #11025 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstomcat View Post

Best is to email them directly regarding prices. It may not include shipping cost, toe taps, trees and last but not least double to single sole smile.gif.

Those are all MTO considerations, though. I recall wurger said 420euro is the price for a stock model including VAT. The price sheet says the same. However, others have said they were quote at 420euro excluding VAT. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)