or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 715

post #10711 of 20237

I'd be glad for any size advice. I'd like to order the Vass "86 boot" (Peter last, double sole) chukka boot. I've never had any Vass before. I'm very hesitant about ordering because of the size issue.

I fit well a Trickers UK9.5, a C&J UK10/10.5, or in EU terms a 43 if the width is generous (E) or 44 if F.

I know I compensate for a fairly wide foot by often buying shoes slightly too big/long for me.

There's so much variation between makers.

 

So any advice about Vass sizes, especially the Peter last, would really be welcome, thanks.

post #10712 of 20237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

Sounds like you would be a 43.5 in u last for vass. Sizing up half is not a bad idea if your foot is a little wider than usual.

Thanks for the advise. You think a 43G will do the job? Thanks again.
post #10713 of 20237
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelonius View Post

I'd be glad for any size advice. I'd like to order the Vass "86 boot" (Peter last, double sole) chukka boot. I've never had any Vass before. I'm very hesitant about ordering because of the size issue.
I fit well a Trickers UK9.5, a C&J UK10/10.5, or in EU terms a 43 if the width is generous (E) or 44 if F.
I know I compensate for a fairly wide foot by often buying shoes slightly too big/long for me.
There's so much variation between makers.

So any advice about Vass sizes, especially the Peter last, would really be welcome, thanks.
In my own experience, the Peter last is on the narrow side. Perhaps think of P2 instead. ? That one fits me without a ton of room to spare, while I couldn't get into the Peter at all. Worth a try-on if you can manage it. A cheap flight to Budapest can be a useful deployment of the R&D budget.
post #10714 of 20237
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

stevent - those are awesome.  And my size too.  Kindly post your address so I can dispatch the covert extraction team....icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

sstomcat - those are very nice as well.

Just got confirmation that my spectators are done and ready to ship:


orig.jpg 

Amazing shoes...very elegant...compliment
post #10715 of 20237
Very poor shot of my new austerity brogues on the U last.
post #10716 of 20237
the fit looks spot on. very nice. how did you size?
post #10717 of 20237
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonC View Post

Very poor shot of my new austerity brogues on the U last.

6125 Dark Cognac? If so I have the same makeup, except on a HAF sole (posted a few hundred pages back in the thread).

Should have Oxblood shell incoming in a couple of weeks, first try with F last icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #10718 of 20237
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS7 View Post

6125 Dark Cognac? If so I have the same makeup, except on a HAF sole (posted a few hundred pages back in the thread).

Should have Oxblood shell incoming in a couple of weeks, first try with F last icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
You kop? Good lad!
post #10719 of 20237

Rezső quoted med six weeks as the current turnaround time for MTO. Pretty awesome.  

post #10720 of 20237
yep said should be done by end of may smile.gif
post #10721 of 20237
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

You kop? Good lad!

Yep, thanks for the advice.
post #10722 of 20237
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

yep said should be done by end of may smile.gif

Here's to waiting :cheers:

 

The scary thing is that when you have gotten over the threshold of sizing, Vass will drain all of your bank accounts. 

post #10723 of 20237
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS7 View Post

6125 Dark Cognac? If so I have the same makeup, except on a HAF sole (posted a few hundred pages back in the thread).

Should have Oxblood shell incoming in a couple of weeks, first try with F last icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Yes, and also a HAF sole and steel taps - should get a lot of wear!
post #10724 of 20237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post


In my own experience, the Peter last is on the narrow side. Perhaps think of P2 instead. ? That one fits me without a ton of room to spare, while I couldn't get into the Peter at all. Worth a try-on if you can manage it. A cheap flight to Budapest can be a useful deployment of the R&D budget.


Thanks for this advice. So Peter last is narrow ? Well, it's clear I'll have to do some more research.

post #10725 of 20237
Narrower than P2, at least where I care about.

I have somewhat wide feet, and the widest bit is pretty far forward. YMMV.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)