or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 714

post #10696 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

So I'd say 42.5G would probably do it from Vass, but that's probably generous.  Anyway, we'll see what they say.  Ask quick wink.gif
I'd recommend 42H, no point in going half size up if he can go wider than a G. He is exactly one size up from me in AE 8 last, so he should be one size up on Vass F/U lasts.
post #10697 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmmiddle View Post

Hey,

I'm heading to DC for the weekend. Are there any Vass dealers that I can visit?

I'm looking to get sizing at minimum, some good alt wiens maximum.

Thanks

Unfortunately not. The only places in the US are Epaulet with stores in NYC and Brooklyn and No Man Walks Alone also in NYC. NMWA is primarily e-commerce but they do have a show room by appointment.
post #10698 of 20242


Quick action shot just now whilst it's super quiet in the office wearing the K last DMs today.Oops multi-tasking and surfin' on SF aswell :-)
post #10699 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsion View Post



Quick action shot just now whilst it's super quiet in the office wearing the K last DMs today.Oops multi-tasking and surfin' on SF aswell :-)

And here I thought my double computer screens were enough... You use 6?
post #10700 of 20242
@venividivicibjActually there's another 2 not in shot so 8 total, spacecraft styleee :-[ Proper square eyes - I'm not totally comfortable that I sit in front of these things all day long..
post #10701 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsion View Post

@venividivicibjActually there's another 2 not in shot so 8 total, spacecraft styleee :-[ Proper square eyes - I'm not totally comfortable that I sit in front of these things all day long..

And so you spend your days at CTU downloading the building schematics to Jack Bauer's phone?

Wait don't tell us.

Don't want a leak.

:-)
post #10702 of 20242
I like that one screen is prioritized to SF... nod[1].gif
post #10703 of 20242
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Illcea and Haas for museum calf? Is there a reason to choose one over the other? I'm considering a dark brown museum austerity brogue but I'm not sure if I should wait until Vass begins using Illcea again or just go ahead and order it with the leather sourced from Haas.
post #10704 of 20242
Bonaudo is the supplier for brown museum to Vass, very happy with my pair.
post #10705 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Illcea and Haas for museum calf? Is there a reason to choose one over the other? I'm considering a dark brown museum austerity brogue but I'm not sure if I should wait until Vass begins using Illcea again or just go ahead and order it with the leather sourced from Haas.

I suggest waiting for Ilcea. If you've seen Roger's pair then you'd understand what I mean (though his is a deeper shade of gold, not brown.)
post #10706 of 20242

Two wears in. F U

 

 

 

post #10707 of 20242

is that 6125 cognac or bordeuax calf?

post #10708 of 20242
Bordeaux calf for the Adelaide.
post #10709 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by leicadokyu View Post

Hi Gents,

I hope all is well. I just have a quick question on Vass Fitting in U Last. I am wearing 9UK in Carmina Detroit last and a 9UK in Tricker's 4497 last, and 9.5 in Alden Barrie last. I have a littler wider foot than average so i am wondering if i would need to size up on the Vass U last as I've heard that it's a little narrow on the toe area. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Heel: 13.6 Inches
Instep: 10.6 Inches
Waist: 10.8 Inches
Ball: 11 Inches
Length: 11 Inches

Sounds like you would be a 43.5 in u last for vass. Sizing up half is not a bad idea if your foot is a little wider than usual.
post #10710 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstomcat View Post




Great style.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)