You act like you weren't going to buy a pair of boots of that caliber in the foreseeable future. :-) Buy it now so yo u don't have to pay full-price later on, because you will.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 11:13 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 12/22/16 at 4:33am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 687post #10292 of 205423/20/14 at 11:47ampost #10293 of 205423/20/14 at 11:49ampost #10294 of 205423/20/14 at 11:54ampost #10295 of 205423/20/14 at 12:00pmQuote:Take the money. Fuck the U-cap.Originally Posted by Jakezero
Some of you might remember that I ordered a U-cap boot a few weeks ago. They're finished now, but a mistake was made: They were made with a normal wingtip, rather than a U-cap. They'll either remake them for me, or offer them to me at a discount. I'm seriously considering taking the discount as I was originally going to order a wingtip, but there's another reason: they look GREAT.
Opinions?post #10296 of 205423/20/14 at 12:00pm
His call of course, but why? He has said that
a) He was going to order wingtips anyway,
b) He thinks these look GREAT (his caps), and
c) He could use the discount (who couldn't?)
I'd never advocate "settling" for a pair of shoes you're not happy with just because the price is dropped, but dude sounds pretty happy to me. He's just basically picked up a pair he planned on getting out of order, but for less money.
Now if they were my size, I might be telling him that he shouldn't put up with crap like this and I will be a bud and take them off his hands at the discounted price.post #10297 of 205423/20/14 at 12:06pmpost #10298 of 205423/20/14 at 1:55pmpost #10299 of 205423/20/14 at 2:20pmpost #10300 of 205423/20/14 at 2:33pmThanks for the advice. I have contacted Vass and they have agreed to repair or exchange the shoes.
quote name="j ingevaldsson" url="/t/130044/the-ultimate-vass-porn-thread/10260#post_7012024"]
Welcome! That is a sloppy welt stitch, and I would definitely contact Vass about it, and think that they will exchange it without a problem. It's a mistake that sometimes happens, but haven't seen it from Vass before.[/quote]post #10301 of 205423/20/14 at 2:38pmThanks.
You are the master of shoes! On my to-buy list are your Cleverley burgundy shoes, Cameron model I believe. Very nice! Thanks for leading me to them!
I have a thing for burgundy or reddish shoes.post #10302 of 205423/20/14 at 2:43pmpost #10303 of 205423/20/14 at 2:50pmQuote:
Lol, could possibly be, I get Rezso to send me photoes before posting.
It's for a pair of austerity brogue, I added a pair of u caps.post #10304 of 205423/20/14 at 2:59pmQuote:
I ordered a couple pair of Shell boots and been discouraged to order further pairs dues to limited shell supply.
I simply stick to Calf when it comes to Vass shoes - I compare my John Lobb (Paris & London) and Edward Green RTW
and find the Vass Calf skin highly superior.
I have challenged Lobb to source their calf from the same French suppliers as Vass - I am still waiting for a response from Valerie.post #10305 of 205423/20/14 at 3:05pmQuote:
That's my actual pair Ascot Shoes used for the photo illustration - need to start charging you royalty my friend.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › once a day - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 15 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 22 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 50 minutes ago
- › Men's Johnston & Murphy McPherson Cap Toed White Size 11.5 Shoes 53 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 54 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 55 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 57 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 59 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 59 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...