I'll jump in for a second because I was named a few times here, and then I will retreat from this conversation. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1. I am a Vass shoe lover - always have been. Some of you have not been on this forum long enough to maybe realize it but I have been buying and wearing Vass shoes for a long time, I've been posting lots of pictures, reviews, help here to share with fellow Vass fans. I may not have started this thread but I'd say I've been active in it since the beginning.
2. When I drew a plan of what I wanted to do with No Man Walks Alone, I started with a blank page and the idea to offer the best and the products I love from makers I respect. Believe it or not, the first name on that page was Vass. It was for me a dream to share that passion for these shoes with others in the US and make it easy for people to buy shoes, try their size, return/exchange and ALWAYS be satisfied with their purchase
3. Everyone with a modicum of knowledge about shoemaking and the costs of doing so know very well that Vass shoes are an exceptional deal for what they are. Several brands not nearly as well made sell for twice their retail price. There's a reason why so many of us have jumped through hoops and played a little bit of sizing roulette with these shoes... they're a great deal, even after a couple of costly mistakes.
4. I take exception to being called a price gouger. Without getting into details that should not be publicly shared, let's just say that these are probably our lowest margin items in the entire store.
5. I do not have an exclusivity agreement of any sort as alleged or assumed. It is not my role to dictate Vass's distribution and pricing strategy. It is my opinion that once there are authorized channels, it is generally a mistake to feed unauthorized/grey channels and lose control over product distribution - but then again, it is not my role or place to make those decisions for Vass.
6. I am quite pleased with our business with Vass and I believe our customers are pleased with the value we bring to them through well thought-out make-ups, ease of purchase, quick and free shipping & returns. I hope to continue to offer Vass shoes as long as possible. It's a bit painful to read disparaging comments about us here when all we are doing is translate our passion for these shoes into a nice offering for our customers. We're also a forum affiliate, something that tends to be appreciated in other threads but somehow is met with negativity in this thread. I do not know why, and I don't think I can fix it, which is why I've generally been shying away from this thread rather than offer more pictures, insight and info.
I don't know if there is a right conclusion to this other than : continue to enjoy your Vass, make your own decisions as to who you want to support as a retailer and let me know if I can help.