or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread - Page 357

post #5341 of 13493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

New experiment afoot-- plain-toe Oxfords in patent leather on the P2. I suppose Alden would be the logical alternative at much the same price, but I'm not sure they go wide enough. Other than that, we'd be looking at Maftei (at twice the price) or London (5x).

 

Or Carmina.

post #5342 of 13493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

New experiment afoot-- plain-toe Oxfords in patent leather on the P2. I suppose Alden would be the logical alternative at much the same price, but I'm not sure they go wide enough. Other than that, we'd be looking at Maftei (at twice the price) or London (5x).

Maybe my information is wrong or out of date but isn't Maftei's RTW and MTO price in the 500 euro range and their bespoke price starting at the 1000 euro mark?

Or are you saying that you can get Vass in a width that fits and would have to do Maftei bespoke?

I'm interested in seeing if their prices have risen over time.

Thanks.
post #5343 of 13493
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsugsu View Post



Or are you saying that you can get Vass in a width that fits and would have to do Maftei bespoke?

That was my general idea.

What I've seen of Carmina (at The Armoury, so maybe they're only catering to Asian feet) is much too narrow for me to consider.

FWIW, I now find that Brooks Brothers has another supplier of patent leather-- could be worth a look also.
post #5344 of 13493
^ thanks. now the statement of the price difference between Vass and Maftei makes sense to me.
post #5345 of 13493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

That was my general idea.

What I've seen of Carmina (at The Armoury, so maybe they're only catering to Asian feet) is much too narrow for me to consider.

FWIW, I now find that Brooks Brothers has another supplier of patent leather-- could be worth a look also.
I believe most Carmina lasts are not well suited to wide feet. They are generally pretty slim and there is only one I know of that is even available in a wide fitting.
post #5346 of 13493

Agree with above...i don't know how they say that Rain is a wide last.

post #5347 of 13493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

Agree with above...i don't know how they say that Rain is a wide last.
Agree. I have to pair of Carmina's on the Rain. They fit me well, but snugger then most of my other size 8 shoes. No other Carmina's though, so no ides whether they are wide for being Carmina
post #5348 of 13493
3636 or budapest last for an alt wien/ theresianer?
post #5349 of 13493

Hello gents.

 

I'm looking for a pair of high boot in cordovan, but Reszo told me they don't make cordovan boots now...

Very sad, does anyone have information about this ? Two members here ordered austerity brogue cordovan high boots in late 2012 with sucess. What was the "offer they couldn't refuse' ?

 

Beside that, which one of the brown cordovans do you recommand for an everyday pair (eventually with vibram soles) ?

 

Best regards and thanks for your help.

post #5350 of 13493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoo-man View Post

Some other Vass l have bought over the years


3636 last (shell)




Hoo-man - Great looking stuff! I have a similar pair en route to me. They are in dark brown shell with the shotgun style medallion in front. Greatly looking forward to them. I agree that Vass shoes on the 3636 and Budapest lasts are "real" shoes. And they are much more elegant in real life than the photos suggest.
post #5351 of 13493

Hoo-Man

 

Love the first three pairs.

post #5352 of 13493
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmir View Post

3636 or budapest last for an alt wien/ theresianer?

I have a cognac theresianer coming in the 3636.
post #5353 of 13493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

I have a cognac theresianer coming in the 3636.

So I take it you prefer the 3636 last to the budapester last? They all look great, btw
post #5354 of 13493
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmir View Post

3636 or budapest last for an alt wien/ theresianer?
It really depends. There are things to like or not like about either.

3636 is more main-stream in style, although the toe cap tends to exaggerate the shortness of the last IMO.

With the Budapester the toe is just as short but more confident and can appear to be longer with the toe cap. Whether the Herreshoff H-12 profile is too much for you I couldn't say.
post #5355 of 13493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

I have a cognac theresianer coming in the 3636.
How did you size the 3636? Is this your first experience with the last or do to have a shoe on it already?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread