or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ironing boxer shorts - am I alone on this one?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ironing boxer shorts - am I alone on this one? - Page 2

post #16 of 28
I don't wear underwear, so I can channel all that extra money into ties and socks.
post #17 of 28
Man, I don't even iron my shirts some times. This is a step too far for me.
post #18 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by identity-x View Post
sidenote...does anybody else (at least halfheartedly) match the color of their briefs/boxers with what they're wearing, even though nobody will see it?

no? just me?

Aw man, I fear I am a complete freak; my wife gives me grief for this (but I only match certain brief/boxer & sock combos); "Darling why do you always wear those socks with those pants*".



* In the English usage.
post #19 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macallan9 View Post
I don't wear underwear, so I can channel all that extra money into ties and socks.

That is disgusting.

Back to the original question, I don't iron my boxers, but do this...
  1. Put on boxers
  2. Put on pants
  3. Pull down both together.
  4. Hold both and shake.
  5. This relaxes the boxers to settle into the pants.
  6. Then pull up both together, checking the pocket linings are also in place.
  7. Done.
post #20 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mild Mannered View Post
That is disgusting.

Back to the original question, I don't iron my boxers, but do this...
  1. Put on boxers
  2. Put on pants
  3. Pull down both together.
  4. Hold both and shake.
  5. This relaxes the boxers to settle into the pants.
  6. Then pull up both together, checking the pocket linings are also in place.
  7. Done.

post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaltzma View Post
Anyone here ever iron their sheets?

Ive seen my roommate do it.
post #22 of 28
Do you starch your boxers too? Seriously, try boxer briefs.
post #23 of 28
I iron all my boxers. That is why I have 50-60 pairs, so I don't have to do then every week. Just makes them feel better. I also have two kinds of boxers, one for slim pants and then one for my looser pants.
post #24 of 28
Thread Starter 
Boxer briefs?!? How gauche!!!







j/k...most of my gitch are boxer briefs, but I've been buying boxer shorts (the non-knit kind) lately because they somehow seem more refined, at least from my warped perspective. Some boxers are actually quite slim-fit, such as the JOE by Joseph Abboud line. Banana Republic's aren't bad either.
post #25 of 28

I ve been ironing my boxers for years.   They look better and fit better and  most importantly feel better tah the wrinkled out of the dryer.  My wife volunteered to iron them but  it gives me more appreciation for everything else she does for me.  

 

On another tangent,  I try to match my boxers with my shirt if possible,  but mornings  I just want to wear some  loud  crazy boxers  just for fun.  They are the first thing I put on and the last thing  to come off at night.  Ironed boxers make an impression!

post #26 of 28

I also don't like the hem turned up so I iron my boxers but I do use  a little spray starch to help and I don't have to iron them each time.

post #27 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Bardamu View Post

I cannot abide creases and turned-up hems when wearing boxers -- I find it very irritating under slim pants. Hence, I iron them. Am I a kook?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mild Mannered View Post

I don't iron my boxers, but do this...
[*] Put on boxers

[*] Put on pants

[*] Pull down both together.

[*] Hold both and shake.

[*] This relaxes the boxers to settle into the pants.

[*] Then pull up both together, checking the pocket linings are also in place.

[*] Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post

I iron all my boxers. That is why I have 50-60 pairs, so I don't have to do then every week. Just makes them feel better. I also have two kinds of boxers, one for slim pants and then one for my looser pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochammond View Post

I also don't like the hem turned up so I iron my boxers but I do use  a little spray starch to help and I don't have to iron them each time.

post #28 of 28


'Been doing boxer briefs for years and can't imagine struggling with boxers riding up my legs all day. But now that some of you guys mention it, I imagine that boxers may be more comfortable, but don't you loose support for your...ahem.....boys? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ironing boxer shorts - am I alone on this one?