or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official LVC thread***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official LVC thread*** - Page 67

post #991 of 1170
I own the LVC 501XX 1927, looking for something similar because it's really wide in the thigh part and that's good for me, since I get holes with most other pants. What other 501XX models are like this?
post #992 of 1170
^The Unionmade website provides thigh measurements of their LVC jeans. Having said that, their measurements of the 1967 505's (size 34x34) is off by an inch as it measures 11' at the thigh. Anyway, 501's generally have more room, especially the archival ones.

I'm breaking in a pair of the said 505's and am awaiting a pair of 519 Bedfords. These are off the radar on this forum it seems, as I haven't been able to get any reports on them... I inherited a pair from my uncle in the late seventies that dated from the early sixties and I'm really hoping that the repros are comparable. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting them and would be most interested in hearing from anybody who has personal experiences with them.
post #993 of 1170
Thanks, I'll check out that. I'm happy to finally find some jeans that fit me.
post #994 of 1170
Unionmade thigh measurements are f'ed for the LVC they carry. Makes me question all their pants measurements...
post #995 of 1170
Following up on my previous post...

The 519's arrived today from the UK and I am most pleased. It's a great work pant (very tough cloth) and the pirate black is a lot nicer than black denim as far as I'm concerned.
post #996 of 1170


Can someone confirm that this the 1927 model? I haven't found a lot of info about them.
Also, does the not washed version of 1927's have a similar fit?

Found this guide now! http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/33596-levis-501-a-visual-guide/
Edited by gululv - 1/15/13 at 4:24pm
post #997 of 1170
Thanks for that link!^
post #998 of 1170
Great thread on superfuture, that's probably the best place to ask about jeans. I found out my jeans are the 1933.
post #999 of 1170
LVC 2013 spring book is up. Looks better than it was. The hot rod collection looks fun; I see a few shirts, a jacket, and a bandana I'd like to get.

http://www.levisvintageclothing.com/hot-rod.html
post #1000 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pastoral Utopian View Post

Following up on my previous post...

The 519's arrived today from the UK and I am most pleased. It's a great work pant (very tough cloth) and the pirate black is a lot nicer than black denim as far as I'm concerned.

Got the pirate black 519's as well as three other colors. The 519 are great jeans. Perfect for warmer weather. Not tough or thick like cone denim but extremely comfortable and easy to wear. They stretch easily and fit really, really well. Overpriced @ retail $ 210 but very cool pants none the less.
post #1001 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchee View Post

LVC 2013 spring book is up. Looks better than it was. The hot rod collection looks fun; I see a few shirts, a jacket, and a bandana I'd like to get.

http://www.levisvintageclothing.com/hot-rod.html

Where could you actually purchase these items
post #1002 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denim View Post

Where could you actually purchase these items

Here's a list of stores.

http://www.levisvintageclothing.com/shops.html
post #1003 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchee View Post

Here's a list of stores.

http://www.levisvintageclothing.com/shops.html

I meant online.. But thanks
post #1004 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by srgprod View Post

Got the pirate black 519's as well as three other colors. The 519 are great jeans. Perfect for warmer weather. Not tough or thick like cone denim but extremely comfortable and easy to wear. They stretch easily and fit really, really well. Overpriced @ retail $ 210 but very cool pants none the less.

Could not agree more... I'm on the hunt for summer colours, but these don't seem to come down in price like the darker washes. Great T-shirt pants.


To Denim ^... Almost all the stores listed sell online, just click on the names given.
post #1005 of 1170
I've just added a run-through of this spring's LVC range at loomstate.

Some of the nicest items I've seen in recent years, especially this version of the Three Pleat 1874 jacket, in a new shade of cotton duck.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official LVC thread***