Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross BNWT, 32x32 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Richmond 100% cotton stretch slim fit distressed, 34x33 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:45am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on Yesterday at 5:08 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:24 am in Streetwear and Denim
- John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread Last post on Today at 12:59 pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official LVC thread*** - Page 65
Styleforum Top Pickspost #962 of 12129/21/12 at 4:20amQuote:
66 is tapered. Roughly the hem is about the same size as the 47, but the 47 is much tighter above the knee. Perhaps the 54? 54 is also tapered, but slimmer than the 66. Sizing up with the 54 you may get what you want.post #963 of 12129/21/12 at 9:21ampost #964 of 12129/21/12 at 10:00am
37´s are baggier. The even earlier models are generally even baggier (eg early 201´s, the late 1800s models). Love the 33s, very antifit and light weight denim, my favourite summer pants for the last 7 years or so.post #965 of 12129/22/12 at 3:18amQuote:
Given this I always thought it was funny that the 1878 Pantaloon was such a slim & tapered fit; especially seeing has how the denim overalls as they were called, were literally worn over the work pant. However, I do have to note that the 1878 was never originally released, but rather created for LVC from an archival pattern that was found.
Speaking of slim LVC fits, we recently got the 1978 501 in the shop (little "e" red tab, sulfur as opposed to nat. indigo dye, slight taper) and I'm still trying to figure out how much I really like them. At first they were a little weird because I wasn't used to seeing the hairy cone mills/sulfur dye combo (though I'm not sure if LVC uses nat. indigo dye at all anymore?), but i must admit, they're growing on me quite a bit.post #966 of 12129/22/12 at 5:52pmpost #967 of 121210/1/12 at 9:45pmpost #968 of 121210/6/12 at 11:49ampost #969 of 121210/7/12 at 9:34amQuote:
I'd be completely confident going to LVC for hemming. You'd think (hope) that the people who make the product would know best practice...post #970 of 121210/23/12 at 8:56pm
I recently came to possess a pair of 1947 501 STF in 33w38l. They have only been hot soaked, and they shrunk down to about a 30"w36"l. Right now, I can get into them fine, and they fit perfectly (except for the length). Since they were just soaked and would seem to be at their smallest, would it be advisable to get the next size down to accommodate stretching, or should I keep them as is?post #971 of 121210/23/12 at 10:53pmpost #972 of 121210/24/12 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by JugglEvan
I recently came to possess a pair of 1947 501 STF in 33w38l. They have only been hot soaked, and they shrunk down to about a 30"w36"l. Right now, I can get into them fine, and they fit perfectly (except for the length). Since they were just soaked and would seem to be at their smallest, would it be advisable to get the next size down to accommodate stretching, or should I keep them as is?
did you happen to measure the 33w before the soak. i had heard to allow for 2 inch, but 3 sure sounds like a lotpost #973 of 121210/24/12 at 9:08pmQuote:
I purchased them from someone who bought a tagged size 33x38 (didn't measure actual) and hot soaked them and they got too small for them and just were put into storage. I did my own additional hot soak and then tried them on.
Also, at its current "30 inch waist", it stretches well enough to fit my ~32" waist perfectly when worn at proper rise height. The 30" is measured without me pulling on the waistband at all.post #974 of 121210/29/12 at 8:51pm
- ***The official LVC thread***
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › New Styles Added! Eidos Napoli Jackets & Suits - 42, 44, 46 2 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Crocodile belts and Alligator belts 3 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...