Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross BNWT, 32x32 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Richmond 100% cotton stretch slim fit distressed, 34x33 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:45am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on Yesterday at 9:24 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:28 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread Last post on Today at 12:47 am in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official LVC thread*** - Page 57post #841 of 12051/16/12 at 10:29am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #842 of 12051/16/12 at 9:13pmpost #843 of 12051/17/12 at 12:07ampost #844 of 12051/17/12 at 12:33ampost #845 of 12051/17/12 at 1:51amI hope you guys don't mind me share my blog here. I just started blogging and did a short post on my LVC 501 1947. Pls chk out my fit pics. Thanks!
http://atamanobsession.wordpress.com/2012/01/12/balcony-report-levis-vintage-clothing-lvc-501-1947/post #846 of 12051/17/12 at 7:13ampost #847 of 12051/17/12 at 8:01ampost #848 of 12051/22/12 at 8:59am
Would like some comment on fit for this pair of LVC 1947. For this pair I've size up 1 size to 33/36,whereas my usual size would be 32/36.I hot soak it twice. Overall it seems ok,but I still feel a little roomy,will prefer it to be slighly slimmer and probably still too long. What you guys think? Should I do a third soak and will it shrink further?post #849 of 12051/22/12 at 9:29amI doubt they will shrink much more with just a soak. That has been my experience with '47s
I know this may sound blasphemous, but if they are too long and too loose to the point where you don't enjoy them or wouldn't wear them, why not toss them in the dryer for a bit. You would have to be careful and check every few minutes and try them on. Be sure to turn them inside out. If you can get them to dry to the point of being slightly damp but not completely dry, that should help.
The other option would be to sell them here on the forum and then get the smaller size.post #850 of 12051/22/12 at 10:12ampost #851 of 12051/23/12 at 6:49ampost #852 of 12051/23/12 at 10:51ampost #853 of 12051/23/12 at 11:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by luker
Would like some comment on fit for this pair of LVC 1947. For this pair I've size up 1 size to 33/36,whereas my usual size would be 32/36.I hot soak it twice. Overall it seems ok,but I still feel a little roomy,will prefer it to be slighly slimmer and probably still too long. What you guys think? Should I do a third soak and will it shrink further?
From my experience with 47, I got tagged size 32/38 (1 hr hot soaked) and they are very tight comparing to my other slim straight jeans. My usual size is 32 too. I wore them in my rotation for about 10 months and still they are tight! Though I have big thighs, they don't seem to stretch out very much. Did you measure before you soaked? That way you will know if you got all the shrinkage out. From ur pics, they look ok on you but a little on the loose side comparing to my super tight 47 >_<' I'd get them hemmed though. You can check out my fit pics on my blog They fit great but I wish I got size 33.post #854 of 12051/24/12 at 12:08ampost #855 of 12051/24/12 at 5:47am
- ***The official LVC thread***
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › SF Shoe Collections 1 minute ago
- › Common Projects BBall Low in Black (Size 44) 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › New in Box Gaziano & Girling Antibes in Vintage Oak 16 minutes ago
- › Wide and Extra-Wide GMTO Shoe Ideas 24 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 28 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...