Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross BNWT, 32x32 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Richmond 100% cotton stretch slim fit distressed, 34x33 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:45am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 7/27/15 at 4:14pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 3:08 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread Last post on Today at 12:39 pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official LVC thread*** - Page 57post #841 of 12121/16/12 at 10:29am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #842 of 12121/16/12 at 9:13pmpost #843 of 12121/17/12 at 12:07ampost #844 of 12121/17/12 at 12:33ampost #845 of 12121/17/12 at 1:51amI hope you guys don't mind me share my blog here. I just started blogging and did a short post on my LVC 501 1947. Pls chk out my fit pics. Thanks!
http://atamanobsession.wordpress.com/2012/01/12/balcony-report-levis-vintage-clothing-lvc-501-1947/post #846 of 12121/17/12 at 7:13ampost #847 of 12121/17/12 at 8:01ampost #848 of 12121/22/12 at 8:59am
Would like some comment on fit for this pair of LVC 1947. For this pair I've size up 1 size to 33/36,whereas my usual size would be 32/36.I hot soak it twice. Overall it seems ok,but I still feel a little roomy,will prefer it to be slighly slimmer and probably still too long. What you guys think? Should I do a third soak and will it shrink further?post #849 of 12121/22/12 at 9:29amI doubt they will shrink much more with just a soak. That has been my experience with '47s
I know this may sound blasphemous, but if they are too long and too loose to the point where you don't enjoy them or wouldn't wear them, why not toss them in the dryer for a bit. You would have to be careful and check every few minutes and try them on. Be sure to turn them inside out. If you can get them to dry to the point of being slightly damp but not completely dry, that should help.
The other option would be to sell them here on the forum and then get the smaller size.post #850 of 12121/22/12 at 10:12ampost #851 of 12121/23/12 at 6:49ampost #852 of 12121/23/12 at 10:51ampost #853 of 12121/23/12 at 11:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by luker
Would like some comment on fit for this pair of LVC 1947. For this pair I've size up 1 size to 33/36,whereas my usual size would be 32/36.I hot soak it twice. Overall it seems ok,but I still feel a little roomy,will prefer it to be slighly slimmer and probably still too long. What you guys think? Should I do a third soak and will it shrink further?
From my experience with 47, I got tagged size 32/38 (1 hr hot soaked) and they are very tight comparing to my other slim straight jeans. My usual size is 32 too. I wore them in my rotation for about 10 months and still they are tight! Though I have big thighs, they don't seem to stretch out very much. Did you measure before you soaked? That way you will know if you got all the shrinkage out. From ur pics, they look ok on you but a little on the loose side comparing to my super tight 47 >_<' I'd get them hemmed though. You can check out my fit pics on my blog They fit great but I wish I got size 33.post #854 of 12121/24/12 at 12:08ampost #855 of 12121/24/12 at 5:47am
- ***The official LVC thread***
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Next jacket? 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Bow-Tie Shoes, sold at Carson Street 12 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 17 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...