Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross BNWT, 32x32 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Richmond 100% cotton stretch slim fit distressed, 34x33 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:45am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 10:54 am in Streetwear and Denim
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official LVC thread*** - Page 57post #841 of 12461/16/12 at 10:29am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #842 of 12461/16/12 at 9:13pmpost #843 of 12461/17/12 at 12:07ampost #844 of 12461/17/12 at 12:33ampost #845 of 12461/17/12 at 1:51amI hope you guys don't mind me share my blog here. I just started blogging and did a short post on my LVC 501 1947. Pls chk out my fit pics. Thanks!
http://atamanobsession.wordpress.com/2012/01/12/balcony-report-levis-vintage-clothing-lvc-501-1947/post #846 of 12461/17/12 at 7:13ampost #847 of 12461/17/12 at 8:01ampost #848 of 12461/22/12 at 8:59am
Would like some comment on fit for this pair of LVC 1947. For this pair I've size up 1 size to 33/36,whereas my usual size would be 32/36.I hot soak it twice. Overall it seems ok,but I still feel a little roomy,will prefer it to be slighly slimmer and probably still too long. What you guys think? Should I do a third soak and will it shrink further?post #849 of 12461/22/12 at 9:29amI doubt they will shrink much more with just a soak. That has been my experience with '47s
I know this may sound blasphemous, but if they are too long and too loose to the point where you don't enjoy them or wouldn't wear them, why not toss them in the dryer for a bit. You would have to be careful and check every few minutes and try them on. Be sure to turn them inside out. If you can get them to dry to the point of being slightly damp but not completely dry, that should help.
The other option would be to sell them here on the forum and then get the smaller size.post #850 of 12461/22/12 at 10:12ampost #851 of 12461/23/12 at 6:49ampost #852 of 12461/23/12 at 10:51ampost #853 of 12461/23/12 at 11:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by luker
Would like some comment on fit for this pair of LVC 1947. For this pair I've size up 1 size to 33/36,whereas my usual size would be 32/36.I hot soak it twice. Overall it seems ok,but I still feel a little roomy,will prefer it to be slighly slimmer and probably still too long. What you guys think? Should I do a third soak and will it shrink further?
From my experience with 47, I got tagged size 32/38 (1 hr hot soaked) and they are very tight comparing to my other slim straight jeans. My usual size is 32 too. I wore them in my rotation for about 10 months and still they are tight! Though I have big thighs, they don't seem to stretch out very much. Did you measure before you soaked? That way you will know if you got all the shrinkage out. From ur pics, they look ok on you but a little on the loose side comparing to my super tight 47 >_<' I'd get them hemmed though. You can check out my fit pics on my blog They fit great but I wish I got size 33.post #854 of 12461/24/12 at 12:08ampost #855 of 12461/24/12 at 5:47am
- ***The official LVC thread***
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 1 minute ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments Aviator Jacket/Navy Twill/Sz. M 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?