The waist shrinks a bit but then stretch out again after a few wears. I would say at most 1" shrinkage in the waist, or insignificant shrinkage. I would buy them true to size.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD | NWT-INCOTEX Jeans Blue Light Wash Slim Fit size 29 Last post on 2/22/16 at 8:15pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross BNWT, 32x32 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Richmond 100% cotton stretch slim fit distressed, 34x33 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:45am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official LVC thread*** - Page 55post #812 of 125011/1/11 at 12:07pmpost #813 of 125011/22/11 at 7:04pmI just got some 47s, they fit me nearly perfect everywhere out of the bag, but they're really long. I'd like to wash them to shorten them a bit, but I don't really want them to get too much tighter. From my understanding, the waist will go in an inch or so but then stretch out, but what about the thigh and calf? Any significant shrink there?
Thanks.post #814 of 125011/24/11 at 9:55ampost #815 of 125012/5/11 at 1:46am
I'm sure you guys know that LVC and Made and Crafted has been run out of Amsterdam for the past few years headed up by Maurizio Donadi in the XX department. Now it seems that Levi's are shutting down that operation and moving it all back to SF and Maurizio is leaving/left. Just as Levi's looked like they were finally getting their heads round the LVC possibilities. Can't forgive Maurizio for the appaling website though.
Cue Levi's messing it up again.post #816 of 125012/6/11 at 12:22pm^ more here....
24 Nov. 2011
MAURIZIO DONADI TO LEAVE LEVI STRAUSS & CO.
Simultaneously to the confirmation by Levi Strauss & Co. that its premium jeanswear line Levi’s XX will be integrated into the regular jeanswear collection, a spokesperson of the company confirmed that Maurizio Donadi, Senior Vice President Levi’s XX, will leave the company. Maurizio Donadi himself was not available for a comment, but the spokesperson added: “Maurizio Donadi has graciously agreed to remain on board until March 2012 to oversee the transition."
Despite this, sources in the market confirmed that Donadi has also been covering a position being responsible for the global Levi's brand presentation for about a year. For the months to come, before he is leaving the company, he will also be busy at renovating the Levi Strauss booth at Bread & Butter Berlin in January 2012, and participating in the design of a new Red Tab store in Amsterdam, Kalverstraat, to open beginning of December, and a new Levi's store to open in Paris Champs Elysees in spring of 2012.
Moreover, the integration of the premium jeanswear line Levi’s XX into the regular jeanswear collection of the brand was confirmed by Levi Strauss & Co.: “We had incubated the premium denim almost like a start-up. Now that Levi’s® XX has matured and proven its viability, we are integrating the premium denim into the Levi’s brand and we are committed to offer premium denim for consumers with our Levi’s® XX line.” According to the spokesperson, Levi's XX will also be presented at Bread & Butter in January 2012, without mentioning on how exactly the process of integration will happen.
Maria Cristina Pavarini
http://www.sportswearnet.com/businessnews/pages/protected/MAURIZIO-DONADI-TO-LEAVE-LEVI-STRAUSS--CO_4718.htmlpost #817 of 125012/17/11 at 3:14pmLevis has a number of very passionate people in San Francisco that love everything about LVC. If those people could make decisions the brand could get back to it's once great status.
I have tried contacting the company on many occasions and find it odd how challenging it is to communicate with anyone who has anything to do with LVC, much less get a reply. Levis seems to be particularly bad at consumer response. I've had much better success with companies many times their size or smaller firms who want good customer interaction.post #818 of 125012/17/11 at 5:16pmpost #819 of 125012/22/11 at 7:28ampost #820 of 125012/25/11 at 12:02ampost #821 of 125012/30/11 at 8:17ampost #822 of 125012/30/11 at 9:52ampost #823 of 125012/31/11 at 12:42pmQuote:
I got the call last night from the SF store. 50% off some non-denim items for sure, but I can't give you specifics beyond that.post #824 of 125012/31/11 at 8:10pmpost #825 of 12501/5/12 at 11:18am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 4 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Going to Austin at the start of July; what are the go-to shops for... 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 6 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 7 minutes ago
- › What is the quality of Barbour shoes like? 8 minutes ago
- › LA SWIM WEEK 2016 SUMMER POP UP SHOP 8 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › Allen Edmonds fit & sizing help