The waist shrinks a bit but then stretch out again after a few wears. I would say at most 1" shrinkage in the waist, or insignificant shrinkage. I would buy them true to size.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross BNWT, 32x32 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Richmond 100% cotton stretch slim fit distressed, 34x33 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:45am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on Yesterday at 4:14 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 11:44 am in Streetwear and Denim
- John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread Last post on Today at 12:12 pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official LVC thread*** - Page 55
Styleforum Top Pickspost #812 of 121211/1/11 at 12:07pmpost #813 of 121211/22/11 at 7:04pmI just got some 47s, they fit me nearly perfect everywhere out of the bag, but they're really long. I'd like to wash them to shorten them a bit, but I don't really want them to get too much tighter. From my understanding, the waist will go in an inch or so but then stretch out, but what about the thigh and calf? Any significant shrink there?
Thanks.post #814 of 121211/24/11 at 9:55ampost #815 of 121212/5/11 at 1:46am
I'm sure you guys know that LVC and Made and Crafted has been run out of Amsterdam for the past few years headed up by Maurizio Donadi in the XX department. Now it seems that Levi's are shutting down that operation and moving it all back to SF and Maurizio is leaving/left. Just as Levi's looked like they were finally getting their heads round the LVC possibilities. Can't forgive Maurizio for the appaling website though.
Cue Levi's messing it up again.post #816 of 121212/6/11 at 12:22pm^ more here....
24 Nov. 2011
MAURIZIO DONADI TO LEAVE LEVI STRAUSS & CO.
Simultaneously to the confirmation by Levi Strauss & Co. that its premium jeanswear line Levi’s XX will be integrated into the regular jeanswear collection, a spokesperson of the company confirmed that Maurizio Donadi, Senior Vice President Levi’s XX, will leave the company. Maurizio Donadi himself was not available for a comment, but the spokesperson added: “Maurizio Donadi has graciously agreed to remain on board until March 2012 to oversee the transition."
Despite this, sources in the market confirmed that Donadi has also been covering a position being responsible for the global Levi's brand presentation for about a year. For the months to come, before he is leaving the company, he will also be busy at renovating the Levi Strauss booth at Bread & Butter Berlin in January 2012, and participating in the design of a new Red Tab store in Amsterdam, Kalverstraat, to open beginning of December, and a new Levi's store to open in Paris Champs Elysees in spring of 2012.
Moreover, the integration of the premium jeanswear line Levi’s XX into the regular jeanswear collection of the brand was confirmed by Levi Strauss & Co.: “We had incubated the premium denim almost like a start-up. Now that Levi’s® XX has matured and proven its viability, we are integrating the premium denim into the Levi’s brand and we are committed to offer premium denim for consumers with our Levi’s® XX line.” According to the spokesperson, Levi's XX will also be presented at Bread & Butter in January 2012, without mentioning on how exactly the process of integration will happen.
Maria Cristina Pavarini
http://www.sportswearnet.com/businessnews/pages/protected/MAURIZIO-DONADI-TO-LEAVE-LEVI-STRAUSS--CO_4718.htmlpost #817 of 121212/17/11 at 3:14pmLevis has a number of very passionate people in San Francisco that love everything about LVC. If those people could make decisions the brand could get back to it's once great status.
I have tried contacting the company on many occasions and find it odd how challenging it is to communicate with anyone who has anything to do with LVC, much less get a reply. Levis seems to be particularly bad at consumer response. I've had much better success with companies many times their size or smaller firms who want good customer interaction.post #818 of 121212/17/11 at 5:16pmpost #819 of 121212/22/11 at 7:28ampost #820 of 121212/25/11 at 12:02ampost #821 of 121212/30/11 at 8:17ampost #822 of 121212/30/11 at 9:52ampost #823 of 121212/31/11 at 12:42pmQuote:
I got the call last night from the SF store. 50% off some non-denim items for sure, but I can't give you specifics beyond that.post #824 of 121212/31/11 at 8:10pm
- ***The official LVC thread***
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 8 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Rain-Last Tomir Soled Cap-Toe/Quarter Brogue 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...