Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross BNWT, 32x32 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Richmond 100% cotton stretch slim fit distressed, 34x33 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:45am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/15 at 2:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 1:13 am in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official LVC thread*** - Page 53
Styleforum Top Pickspost #782 of 12208/22/11 at 10:44ampost #783 of 12208/22/11 at 10:45amlook like a pair of 1955s from the early 2000s. If that top button is stamped '555' (which I think it is) they were made at the Levi's Valencia Street factory. I'd need to get the product code on the inside tag to tell what "finish" they originally were.post #784 of 12208/23/11 at 8:56am
I live in NYC and am interested in getting some LVC 1947s. I've been to the JCrew Liquor Store and tried on the 1947 501, 1954 501 and 1967 501. 32x32 1967 fit about right. I'm thinking of 1947s because I'd like it to shrink more through the leg—in length and width. I'm wondering what size to get though, I'm 5'10" and 172, but have very big thighs, trunk, and glutes from lifting.
True waist: 34.5 - 35"
Front Rise: 10"
Back Rise: 13"
Leg opening: 7.5"
I'd like enough length for one or two cuffs. I was thinking 34x34 would work because the waist will stretch out enough.post #785 of 12208/23/11 at 9:04am34 would be wide enough in the waist - but remember, they have narrower thighs than the 67, which is more of a carrot shape.
Dimensions etc here.
Might be worth going to the Levi's meatpacking store to try them all on and get informed advice, ask for Robert, I'm sure he'll see you right.post #786 of 12208/23/11 at 9:39ampost #787 of 12208/24/11 at 11:00amhope you guys dont mind me posting here, i thougth was the best place as 55 related! (if i'm wrong let me know and i''ll delete)
i'm working a pair of 55's which i'm loving (perhaps i'll post pics of progress but only a month in!). my question is, which quality shoes (shoes that can be resoled over and over) can i pull of with this jean? so far i have worn..
- c&j coniston
i would like another pair of leather shoes to wear with the 55's and hopefully another pair of LVC down the road, what are peoples thoughts on
- c&j pembroke (i think should look good)
- red wing classic work boot such as 8138, 8878 (looks nice its suede) or 875 (how is the quality on these, do they fit wide?)
- a Trickers boot such as Malton or shoe such as Keswick (although i'm not convinced quality as good as CJ coniston)
- another C&J coniston since i love this boot and i can wear it sized up for width or C&J snowdwon
i should add - i have a wide foot (G width in CandJ) so i'm pretty limited in the brands that fit. i typically wear 55's wtih flannel and chunky sweaters or gitman oxfords if this helps
thanks a lot!!
Edited by lovelux2010 - 8/24/11 at 11:18ampost #788 of 12208/28/11 at 2:10pmpost #789 of 12209/1/11 at 12:52amHello everyone. Im after some help. Im about to sell a fair few LVC jeans but have got a clue on prices etc. Ive got a fair few different styles such as 1910 333's, 1947 501, 1967 505 and some knappave celebration packs and a few others.. But ive no idea at what price to put them up for. They are all brand new and ive got some various sizes and some with long legs! Any help please.post #790 of 12209/6/11 at 1:13amQuote:I believe so, at least most current produciton doesQuote:
Look in the inner tag. There will be a date, near the production code (often 643) M.
Season 1, 2006:
SE (september?) 2007:
4809 (Season 1?) 2009post #791 of 12209/6/11 at 12:24pmpost #792 of 12209/12/11 at 10:25pmpost #793 of 12209/16/11 at 3:48ami have a pair of LVC 55's...been enjoying them. i soaked them in hot water (as hot as the tap water in london would go) twice (wore out of tub both times for an hour or so), they've been worn for around 3 months daily..washed once in cold water
anyways, the jeans fit well and i coudl have a healthy size cuff until i got caught in teh rain..jeans got very wet and the legs shrunk up more then i could have expected! i'm 5'7 and wear a 32x34I and i can no longer cuff the jeans at all...shrunk so much
has anyone here ever had their jeans shrink in the rain?? i think i'll have to buy a 36lenght for my next pair!
one other question - would appreciate recommendations for a new pair of LVCs. i supose my 55s will now be my "smarter" jeans for buttons downs and jeans to wear to work as i wont cuff them, so would like a pair to wear casual...
i understand 66 and 47s slim..for a larger cut how about the 1915 or 1901?..i'm not super skinny so may avoid the slimmer cuts and go for a fuller cut/higher rise but i am only 5'7 so not super tall to pull off all pairs. will wear them with candj boots, trickers shoes..this stype of thing
Edited by lovelux2010 - 9/16/11 at 4:30ampost #794 of 12209/17/11 at 12:15pmpost #795 of 12209/17/11 at 12:28pm
- ***The official LVC thread***
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 20 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Uniqlo x Lemaire FW2015 thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official LVC thread*** 9 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › NWOT RRL Denim- Slim fit, Denim Officer's Chino Size 33 waist 14 minutes ago
- › Burberry Wool Duffle Coat - Navy 42 16 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth