Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD | NWT-INCOTEX Jeans Blue Light Wash Slim Fit size 29 Last post on 2/22/16 at 8:15pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross BNWT, 32x32 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Richmond 100% cotton stretch slim fit distressed, 34x33 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:45am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official LVC thread*** - Page 53post #782 of 12508/22/11 at 10:44ampost #783 of 12508/22/11 at 10:45amlook like a pair of 1955s from the early 2000s. If that top button is stamped '555' (which I think it is) they were made at the Levi's Valencia Street factory. I'd need to get the product code on the inside tag to tell what "finish" they originally were.post #784 of 12508/23/11 at 8:56am
I live in NYC and am interested in getting some LVC 1947s. I've been to the JCrew Liquor Store and tried on the 1947 501, 1954 501 and 1967 501. 32x32 1967 fit about right. I'm thinking of 1947s because I'd like it to shrink more through the leg—in length and width. I'm wondering what size to get though, I'm 5'10" and 172, but have very big thighs, trunk, and glutes from lifting.
True waist: 34.5 - 35"
Front Rise: 10"
Back Rise: 13"
Leg opening: 7.5"
I'd like enough length for one or two cuffs. I was thinking 34x34 would work because the waist will stretch out enough.post #785 of 12508/23/11 at 9:04am34 would be wide enough in the waist - but remember, they have narrower thighs than the 67, which is more of a carrot shape.
Dimensions etc here.
Might be worth going to the Levi's meatpacking store to try them all on and get informed advice, ask for Robert, I'm sure he'll see you right.post #786 of 12508/23/11 at 9:39ampost #787 of 12508/24/11 at 11:00amhope you guys dont mind me posting here, i thougth was the best place as 55 related! (if i'm wrong let me know and i''ll delete)
i'm working a pair of 55's which i'm loving (perhaps i'll post pics of progress but only a month in!). my question is, which quality shoes (shoes that can be resoled over and over) can i pull of with this jean? so far i have worn..
- c&j coniston
i would like another pair of leather shoes to wear with the 55's and hopefully another pair of LVC down the road, what are peoples thoughts on
- c&j pembroke (i think should look good)
- red wing classic work boot such as 8138, 8878 (looks nice its suede) or 875 (how is the quality on these, do they fit wide?)
- a Trickers boot such as Malton or shoe such as Keswick (although i'm not convinced quality as good as CJ coniston)
- another C&J coniston since i love this boot and i can wear it sized up for width or C&J snowdwon
i should add - i have a wide foot (G width in CandJ) so i'm pretty limited in the brands that fit. i typically wear 55's wtih flannel and chunky sweaters or gitman oxfords if this helps
thanks a lot!!
Edited by lovelux2010 - 8/24/11 at 11:18ampost #788 of 12508/28/11 at 2:10pmpost #789 of 12509/1/11 at 12:52amHello everyone. Im after some help. Im about to sell a fair few LVC jeans but have got a clue on prices etc. Ive got a fair few different styles such as 1910 333's, 1947 501, 1967 505 and some knappave celebration packs and a few others.. But ive no idea at what price to put them up for. They are all brand new and ive got some various sizes and some with long legs! Any help please.post #790 of 12509/6/11 at 1:13amQuote:I believe so, at least most current produciton doesQuote:
Look in the inner tag. There will be a date, near the production code (often 643) M.
Season 1, 2006:
SE (september?) 2007:
4809 (Season 1?) 2009post #791 of 12509/6/11 at 12:24pmpost #792 of 12509/12/11 at 10:25pmpost #793 of 12509/16/11 at 3:48ami have a pair of LVC 55's...been enjoying them. i soaked them in hot water (as hot as the tap water in london would go) twice (wore out of tub both times for an hour or so), they've been worn for around 3 months daily..washed once in cold water
anyways, the jeans fit well and i coudl have a healthy size cuff until i got caught in teh rain..jeans got very wet and the legs shrunk up more then i could have expected! i'm 5'7 and wear a 32x34I and i can no longer cuff the jeans at all...shrunk so much
has anyone here ever had their jeans shrink in the rain?? i think i'll have to buy a 36lenght for my next pair!
one other question - would appreciate recommendations for a new pair of LVCs. i supose my 55s will now be my "smarter" jeans for buttons downs and jeans to wear to work as i wont cuff them, so would like a pair to wear casual...
i understand 66 and 47s slim..for a larger cut how about the 1915 or 1901?..i'm not super skinny so may avoid the slimmer cuts and go for a fuller cut/higher rise but i am only 5'7 so not super tall to pull off all pairs. will wear them with candj boots, trickers shoes..this stype of thing
Edited by lovelux2010 - 9/16/11 at 4:30ampost #794 of 12509/17/11 at 12:15pmpost #795 of 12509/17/11 at 12:28pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 40 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Suit Supply Faro/Copenhagen SC - Blue wool, triple patch 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 9 minutes ago
- › Wool/Cashmere Dress Pants - 33-34W (Corneliani x PRL, BR Monogram) 10 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 11 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding