or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official LVC thread***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official LVC thread*** - Page 48

post #706 of 1168
^ I think it only shrinks 2
post #707 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbin View Post
^ I think it only shrinks 2

I'm 6' 2" and I've never, ever had a pair of STF regular or LVC shrink only 2", it has always been 3-4 depending upon the weave and weight of the denim.
post #708 of 1168
how long do you soak for?
post #709 of 1168
^^what does that matter? Sooner or later you will wash them anyway. I have several pairs of lvc that were 36" long when raw, and not perhaps 32". Doest bother me though, I wear them short with a small cuff.
post #710 of 1168
Hello

I recently purchased a the knappave jeans celerbration pack. There shorts but come complete with the cut off legs bag and a bandana. I was just wondering if anyone knows what sort of value these are worth?
post #711 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by me32 View Post
Hello

I recently purchased a the knappave jeans celerbration pack. There shorts but come complete with the cut off legs bag and a bandana. I was just wondering if anyone knows what sort of value these are worth?

Those are wild! Here is a link to a pic. It shows them numbered in a series of only 210.

http://showyourdemin.blogspot.com/20...ave-1880s.html

Seems that a collector might like them.
post #712 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by me32 View Post
Hello

I recently purchased a the knappave jeans celerbration pack. There shorts but come complete with the cut off legs bag and a bandana. I was just wondering if anyone knows what sort of value these are worth?

These were on sale at considerably below retail, obviously they're a little hard to wear... I know of one person who bought them cheap and planned to sew the cutoff legs back on to make a conventional Knappave. So I don't think they're the most collectible of the special editions - but you never know!
post #713 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo-T View Post
I know of one person who bought them cheap and planned to sew the cutoff legs back on to make a conventional Knappave.

Good idea!. As I've mentioned before, the Levis shop in SF has a tailoring department that does custom work and repairs. It might be fun to see how they would sew them back together, maybe adding some interesting patches or darning? I like that they use actual Levis cotton thread and have a variety of older denim material for patches.

That reminds me, I need to pick up my newly patched 1955's from them.
post #714 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo-T View Post
Thanks Simon! Many of the choice items went to an LVC nut friend in SF and otehrs (at cost I hasten to add) but I kept a nice pair of Lot 66, which I've always wanted - great knackered pants for the summer - and the striped shirt, which is now one of my favourite items.

It's the best LVC sample sale I've seen in seven or eight years... I can't justify getting much more denim for me, but it's fun to spread it around. You can't go to these things with anything specific in mind - which is why roy6 was so lucky to get those wonderful and incredibly rare Balloons. PM me with your emails so I can record your tastes in case there's every another one!

Thank you very much for the offer, Paul.


But in truth I need to downsize my wardrobe heavily, which is why I may need to list some good LVC's soon...
post #715 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post
Those are wild! Here is a link to a pic. It shows them numbered in a series of only 210.

http://showyourdemin.blogspot.com/20...ave-1880s.html

Seems that a collector might like them.

Yeah there them. I got two pairs one for myself. When there turned up they look excellent. Just was trying to figure out if to sell the other pair or not and if so who to. Would ebay be the best place? Unfortunatly im not in the US so no where near San Fran to get the legs put back on. They would indeed then look amazing!
post #716 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by me32 View Post
Yeah there them. I got two pairs one for myself. When there turned up they look excellent. Just was trying to figure out if to sell the other pair or not and if so who to. Would ebay be the best place? Unfortunatly im not in the US so no where near San Fran to get the legs put back on. They would indeed then look amazing!

You don't have to be anywhere near the Levi's repair/tailor shop. The repairs they did were crude - with all due respect Pocketsquareguy - so you could easily have the legs fixed at a descent tailor near you.
post #717 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simontuntelder View Post
The repairs they did were crude - with all due respect Pocketsquareguy -

That was what I asked for. I wanted something a bit funky. But they can do classic patches and seam work as well as darning.
post #718 of 1168
LVC on Gilt on Monday. Has it ever been, and, if so, is it typically good?
post #719 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post
Does anyone know someone of influence that works a Levis on LVC? If so, PM me. I want to contact them about bringing back 38" and 40" inseam on raw denim models.

If you are over 6' tall you probably need a 34" after shrinking right? Most shrink 4 so a 38 or 40 is needed especially if you want to roll a cuff."

I was wondering about this again the other day... LVC in a 34" inseam post-soak leaves you with only ~31-32", effectively eliminating half your market, i.e. males over 6' or so. If it is purely a marketing decision it seems pretty short sighted.

I am tall and wear Levi's STF in tagged 38 and 40 inseams as well as a number of japanese repros that come with a 39" raw inseam. After washing these all end up between 35-37". Granted, I am a bit of an outlier, but having a 36" inseam option (38-40" raw) would accommodate anyone over 6'1" who likes to cuff, which seems like a no-brainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbin View Post
how long do you soak for?

I warm soaked a pair of regular $39 indigo STF size 35x40 for 30 min a couple of days ago and after hanging to dry they went from 39.75" to 37". That's with no agitation and no dryer heat, which will eventually trim another 1/2" in my experience.

I'm not sure if LVC shrinks as much as regular STF, but I get 3" shrinkage out of heavier weight Momotaro, Samurai and Warehouse denim as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrege View Post
LVC on Gilt on Monday. Has it ever been, and, if so, is it typically good?

Note to LVC: if you made longer inseams your products would never make it to Gilt sales because I would buy it all
post #720 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post

I'm not sure if LVC shrinks as much as regular STF, but I get 3" shrinkage out of heavier weight Momotaro, Samurai and Warehouse denim as well.



Note to LVC: if you made longer inseams your products would never make it to Gilt sales because I would buy it all

These LVC 201's I'm selling are tagged 40" for in the inseam, but because they are a one-wash, they shrank down to a 37" inseam. They will possibly shrink to a 35-36" inseam after several more washes.




If anyone is interested in purchasing these, here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official LVC thread***