or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official LVC thread***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official LVC thread*** - Page 39

post #571 of 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by palma View Post
Whoa you must have acted quick because I did not even see that listing I am on the hunt for the exact same pair or W34 anything. I should check B&S more often.

Actually, got lucky - pm'd a user about an old listing asking about sizing because I was going to buy new. He told me that he was about to put up a pair of the 47's on B/S and asked if I wanted first dibs.

Possibly the greatest pair of denimz ever.

Due to them fitting so well, actually debating now whether or not to let go of my unworn tagged-36 inasmuch as I'm not sure I could shrink them enough to match what I have in the 34s. Or maybe just save them up for a fat-day.
post #572 of 1161
Greetings Gents--

So I've been scanning the internet today for post-Xmas deals on LVC stuff, and I stumbled across 1920s chinos at a great price...but they're riddled with factory made-to-look hobo patches & holes. A few minutes later I found a stunning LVC hunting jacket, and just as I was set to break open my piggy bank & turn my couch upside down to shake out the change in the cracks to help finance it, I clicked on the closeup detail pics to find the jacket splattered with white paint and showing tattered, fraying fabric around the pockets.

I don't mean this to sound facetious & I'm not putting anyone down for whatever it is they're into, but I'm geniunely curious to know what the intrigue is here. Though the only Levi's jeans I've ever worn are used 646/684 that I find at the Southern California swap meets, I can understand why someone who doesn't have such easy access would want a "new" pair of jeans with artificial lived-in hige. What I can't get my mind around, though, is what would lead a body to drop $450 on a new jacket that's intentionally been dragged around the parking lot. Same with the simple white LVC t-shirts with a $100 price tag that have gaping holes in them.

Again, I don't want to start a flaming competition here. It's just that I keep coming across these items commanding top $$$ that appear to be so far beyond the realm of character-lending patina, and I'd be interested in hearing from fellow Levi's enthusiasts on this...
post #573 of 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan200000 View Post
Greetings Gents--

So I've been scanning the internet today for post-Xmas deals on LVC stuff, and I stumbled across 1920s chinos at a great price...but they're riddled with factory made-to-look hobo patches & holes. A few minutes later I found a stunning LVC hunting jacket, and just as I was set to break open my piggy bank & turn my couch upside down to shake out the change in the cracks to help finance it, I clicked on the closeup detail pics to find the jacket splattered with white paint and showing tattered, fraying fabric around the pockets.

I don't mean this to sound facetious & I'm not putting anyone down for whatever it is they're into, but I'm geniunely curious to know what the intrigue is here. Though the only Levi's jeans I've ever worn are used 646/684 that I find at the Southern California swap meets, I can understand why someone who doesn't have such easy access would want a "new" pair of jeans with artificial lived-in hige. What I can't get my mind around, though, is what would lead a body to drop $450 on a new jacket that's intentionally been dragged around the parking lot. Same with the simple white LVC t-shirts with a $100 price tag that have gaping holes in them.

Again, I don't want to start a flaming competition here. It's just that I keep coming across these items commanding top $$$ that appear to be so far beyond the realm of character-lending patina, and I'd be interested in hearing from fellow Levi's enthusiasts on this...

I hear ya man. I would own a couple pair of LVC 1920s chinos (the blue color is awesome) if they came in a raw, or even a one-wash state. No way in hell i'm dropping that kind of cash for pants that look to be near retirement!
post #574 of 1161
hmm i may be out of the line but ive been looking for a pair of 501xx in size 28 lately, really interested in '44 and '47 but its pretty hard to find it nowadays, any link, info or something that might help out guys?
post #575 of 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by romaine View Post
hmm i may be out of the line but ive been looking for a pair of 501xx in size 28 lately, really interested in '44 and '47 but its pretty hard to find it nowadays, any link, info or something that might help out guys?

So you are a size 26 basically? They'll mostly shrink from tagged size, you know.

Anyways, try e-mailing Dejan at Cultizm, he'll probably be able to help you out.
post #576 of 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan200000 View Post
Greetings Gents--

So I've been scanning the internet today for post-Xmas deals on LVC stuff, and I stumbled across 1920s chinos at a great price...but they're riddled with factory made-to-look hobo patches & holes. A few minutes later I found a stunning LVC hunting jacket, and just as I was set to break open my piggy bank & turn my couch upside down to shake out the change in the cracks to help finance it, I clicked on the closeup detail pics to find the jacket splattered with white paint and showing tattered, fraying fabric around the pockets.

I don't mean this to sound facetious & I'm not putting anyone down for whatever it is they're into, but I'm geniunely curious to know what the intrigue is here. Though the only Levi's jeans I've ever worn are used 646/684 that I find at the Southern California swap meets, I can understand why someone who doesn't have such easy access would want a "new" pair of jeans with artificial lived-in hige. What I can't get my mind around, though, is what would lead a body to drop $450 on a new jacket that's intentionally been dragged around the parking lot. Same with the simple white LVC t-shirts with a $100 price tag that have gaping holes in them.

Again, I don't want to start a flaming competition here. It's just that I keep coming across these items commanding top $$$ that appear to be so far beyond the realm of character-lending patina, and I'd be interested in hearing from fellow Levi's enthusiasts on this...


Nope. Totally agree with you. Only distressed LVC product I have liked is a leather bomber recently...but even that is pushin it
post #577 of 1161
Completely agree...totally beyond my comprehension why people would pay the extra $$ for clothing that will last half as long. I guess that's fashion though...fleeting. Ironic though, considering Levi built its rep on durability...not necessarily fashion.

I don't see why they couldn't just hold aside a couple pieces of each style before they go to the "distressing" factory and sell those as "deadstock" to appeal to customers like us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transcendental View Post
Nope. Totally agree with you. Only distressed LVC product I have liked is a leather bomber recently...but even that is pushin it
post #578 of 1161
^^^

I have to agree - here is one description of an LVC shirt

Worker shirt in beaten up, a bit dirty, heavy cotton fabric. Slim fitted, narrow sleeves, and rounded hem. Small sized collar, flap pockets and repair detailing. Made in Italy. Size up one if you like it a bit larger.


$257.00


http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/art/l...new_currency=2
post #579 of 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simontuntelder View Post
So you are a size 26 basically? They'll mostly shrink from tagged size, you know.

Anyways, try e-mailing Dejan at Cultizm, he'll probably be able to help you out.
ive tried email him but he said he couldnt, i also email oipolloi and the result was also the same
post #580 of 1161
http://cgi.ebay.com/Levis-LVC-1947-5...item588c13bbad
post #581 of 1161
^big thanks!
post #582 of 1161
picked up a made in turkey 67 505 raw at barneys coop in brooklyn. $89.
post #583 of 1161
^^^ nice. Picked up a backup pair of 1967 505 made in USA model for $125
post #584 of 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
^^^ nice. Picked up a backup pair of 1967 505 made in USA model for $125

Where was this? ^^

What about the 67 505 do you find superior to the various 501 cuts LVC puts out?
post #585 of 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post
Where was this? ^^

What about the 67 505 do you find superior to the various 501 cuts LVC puts out?

It's a little slimmer, for one. I personally like the zipper fly, and I think GS does too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official LVC thread***