or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official LVC thread***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official LVC thread*** - Page 3

post #31 of 1173
I locked myself out of SuFu cos I was wasting too much time on there, but when I'm back I'll be posting updates on:

55s. A good alternative to the 47; size down if you like them skinny. I bought my actual waist size but probably could have sized down an inch or two (ie if your standard waist is 32 inch, buy a 32 or 30W)...



And as it's hot this summer, for the last 7 weeks I've been wearing my 1901. THese were very slow to fade, kept a dark inky blue, but once but are changing real quick right now... this is last year, but these will have faded bigtime by September...



And yes, for a rough'n'ready model guide, go here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ad.php?t=34010

(needs an update, may be some time...)
post #32 of 1173
Hey Paul, good to see you back. I hope your time away was productive. Do you have any thoughts on the upcoming 1915 Cone Collab???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo-T View Post
I locked myself out of SuFu cos I was wasting too much time on there, but when I'm back I'll be posting updates on:

55s. A good alternative to the 47; size down if you like them skinny. I bought my actual waist size but probably could have sized down an inch or two (ie if your standard waist is 32 inch, buy a 32 or 30W)...



And as it's hot this summer, for the last 7 weeks I've been wearing my 1901. THese were very slow to fade, kept a dark inky blue, but once but are changing real quick right now... this is last year, but these will have faded bigtime by September...



And yes, for a rough'n'ready model guide, go here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ad.php?t=34010

(needs an update, may be some time...)
post #33 of 1173
Thanks Shorty,

I think both the 1915 and 1917 look great; I wold love to see the two of the side by side to see the difference in the fabric, and compare the Cone vs Kurabo.

I have to deliver a book in 3 weeks, when I'm done I might try Cone and LVC t see if I can get the story of the development of the fabric. I got a sample the other day of some wonderful selvage cotton duck that Cone have produced... altho I'm slightly puzzled by it, given that it's such a limited market.

There is a strong family resemblance between the Kurabo and Cone early fabrics, tho. THis is THe Clerk's 1933, several years and several washes, and my 1901, which has had maybe two handwashes. THe picture doesn't show it too well, but the vertical striation and loom faults are very similar.


post #34 of 1173
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocoolonesleft View Post
It's stupidly difficult to find LVC in/around Chicago

I was just at the store on Michigan Ave over my lunch break; they had a few pairs in primarily 29 and 30 waist left of the 1947's for $50. I remember going like two months ago and they had a bunch more sizes.
post #35 of 1173
Thread Starter 
The line is going to be available at about 12-15 shops across the US now.
post #36 of 1173
What model would i get if I wanted a pretty slim but not skinny cut and a medium 9.5" - 10" rise?
post #37 of 1173
505's I think..
post #38 of 1173
Interesting...
Do you have any additional info? What stores exactly? Will this begin with this fall's collection? Will the collection for the US be the same as the one for Europe?

Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
The line is going to be available at about 12-15 shops across the US now.
post #39 of 1173
I've always wanted a pair of 47 501s but could never find them cheap.

Anybody catch the CNBC special about jeans? They were talking about the evolution of Levis due to WWII and how original jeans fetch thousands of dollars.
post #40 of 1173
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Long View Post
Interesting...
Do you have any additional info? What stores exactly? Will this begin with this fall's collection? Will the collection for the US be the same as the one for Europe?

Thanks in advance

Starting spring, I'm sure we'll find out the list of stores soon though.
post #41 of 1173
How do the 55's compare to the 47's? It seems from a few pictures I've seen that they're just a bit fuller in the leg. Is this true? Same rise? More severe taper? Any help is appreciated.
post #42 of 1173
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHunter View Post
How do the 55's compare to the 47's? It seems from a few pictures I've seen that they're just a bit fuller in the leg. Is this true? Same rise? More severe taper? Any help is appreciated.

I have the 47's in a 32" waist and the 55's in a 30" waist. (both raw). The 55's are indeed fuller even sized down. The rise is the same on both but the 55's are boxier around the ass and thighs. I've always worn 47's and love the slimmish straight fit. However i'm unsure about the 55's as they don't seem to be a particulary flattering fit and seem to be harder to pull off at least for me.
post #43 of 1173


My 1947s at...i think this was at the 5 month mark. The knee fades are crazy, they are starting to wear through now.
post #44 of 1173
Quote:
Originally Posted by modual View Post
I have the 47's in a 32" waist and the 55's in a 30" waist. (both raw). The 55's are indeed fuller even sized down. The rise is the same on both but the 55's are boxier around the ass and thighs. I've always worn 47's and love the slimmish straight fit. However i'm unsure about the 55's as they don't seem to be a particulary flattering fit and seem to be harder to pull off at least for me.

If you want slim, 47, or 66, are the ones to go for; the 55 looks more classic/vintage. Even sized down two inches compared with my 47, they're roomy around the thighs. But I've seen them worn buy a guy who got a size he could jsut squeeze into - before washing - and they looked great, I'd describe it as a skinhead look almost, sized down they look much more of a drainpipe shape. I thought they looked amazing, but didn't ever have a chance to see how they looked once washed.

the 47 is definitely easier to work with, especially considering the current 55s are made oversize, which makes the sizing even MORE complicated. It's now reached the point where on LVC you need to go from measured size and ignore what's on the tag. Personally, using measured size, I'd size up one inch on the 47 and use actual size in the 55.

47 vs 55. THe 46 is 34W, the 55, on the right, is 32W, note how the 55 is still bigger (but the crotch hasn't blown out)



plus, just cos they don't get enough love, here are THe Clerk's 33:



And lastly, the hardcore fave, the 1922 201. These has really distinctive denim; you need to wear them real hard, this pair has had seven or eight months wear, and one wash:

post #45 of 1173
Love my 1955s, got them true to size and they nice and relaxing, could take on the world in them. Fading really nice too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official LVC thread***