or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official LVC thread***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official LVC thread*** - Page 8

post #106 of 1162
Is my best bet to go to a Levis store and try on either the 501s or 505s to figure out what size I would be in LVC to order?
Any tips for finding out your size? Should I just find a pair that I can button comfortably and then icrease by 2" to acccount for STF?
post #107 of 1162
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubs01 View Post
Is my best bet to go to a Levis store and try on either the 501s or 505s to figure out what size I would be in LVC to order?
Any tips for finding out your size? Should I just find a pair that I can button comfortably and then icrease by 2" to acccount for STF?

There would be no point in trying on regular levis and then trying to extrapolate from that your LVC size.

LVC sizing is all over the map. My recommendation for most of the STF LVCs is to measure your waist and then ask whoever you are buying from to send you a pair that measures about 1 inch or so more than your measured waist size. So if you were a 32 measured, then I would ask for a pair that measured 33. They'll shrink but then stretch to a comfortable fit.

It is important to remember that LVC's tagged size have virtually zero correlation with their actual measured size. At least that is my experience....
post #108 of 1162
Edit: nevermind
post #109 of 1162
hi there,

want to ask the LVC 1954 501Z sizing..im currently wearing sz 30 in sugarcane 1947 and Flathead 1001, what size shoud fit on the Lvc?im looking for a straight fit slight slim kinda look

thank you
post #110 of 1162
We've had no photos on here for a while.

So... here are my 1955, at nine months or so, and the 1901, perfect summer jeans, which I've had for a few years and handwashed several times but which just got a machine wash. Pics are a bit bleached out but both jeans have retained their indigo really well in the dark areas.







The 1901 prewash, with ol'-fashioned , vintage-style grunge. They did smell a bit funky.



and post-wash...

post #111 of 1162
^Looks good. I'll be giving my '47s a wash next week and will post pics.
post #112 of 1162
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOA View Post
^Looks good. I'll be giving my '47s a wash next week and will post pics.
How slim are your 47's in the thigh and does the rise seem high? I'd like to know the measurements pre and post wash if you can provide them. I want to get a pair but everything I've read points to them being too slim for my legs. I have a pair of 55's (which are actually for sale in my sig - shameless plug) but the rise is a little too high for my liking.
post #113 of 1162
Hey guys I really like the J.Crew fit on this model in their Levis: http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...3639/13639.jsp Do the original LVC 1947's really become that way? I have seen some fit pics on other forums, but they seem tighter than that, and almost tapered through the leg. Is it possible to get them to look like the above photo? I don't really like the idea of having pre-rinsed jeans, and I have heard some dubious things about this J. Crew pair + plus the outrageous price tag. Thanks!
post #114 of 1162
Depends on how much you size down on them.
post #115 of 1162
Well I want to have my true to waist size so I will be sizing up. I am a 33/34 natural so is a 36 good? But I want a 32 inseam or 31 like that photo. Is that a 30 even? I cannot tell. I just dont want to have to bother stacking or looking like a hypebeast/sufu regular. In fact, I dont really care about cuffing them either.
post #116 of 1162
Hey guys, got some good info from you... figured I'd contribute:
tagged 34x36
measured new 33x35.5
post half hour hot soak 32x33 (I generally wear 32)





post #117 of 1162
i really wish my grandmother hadn't gotten rid of my dads jeans. he was looking at the 503bxx's i have and said 'ahh i used to have levis with the rivets like that... the back pocket rivets allways got really cold in the wintertime if youweren't wearing long johns.'
post #118 of 1162
I just fell into a pair of '55 LVC 501s.

They were listed only as "Levis" on Yoox sample sale and were my size so I ordered 'em.
Turns out they're 1955 "Roaring Pride" 501s, made in Turkey. Label tacked in the back says 249 out of 1252, limited edition. (Button back stamp is 034.)

Since I ordered them to size (not knowing they were STF) they fit perfectly now. I'd love to be able to wear them and not worry about the length getting too short.

These have whatever "antiquing" they do to them at the factory, but I don't know if they actually pre-wash them any. (The indigo is still pretty dark.) Anybody know if they shrink in length?

If they do shrink much in length, are they any tricks (aside from never washing them) to keep the length around the same?
post #119 of 1162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkerboard 13 View Post
I just fell into a pair of '55 LVC 501s.

They were listed only as "Levis" on Yoox sample sale and were my size so I ordered 'em.
Turns out they're 1955 "Roaring Pride" 501s, made in Turkey. Label tacked in the back says 249 out of 1252, limited edition. (Button back stamp is 034.)

Since I ordered them to size (not knowing they were STF) they fit perfectly now. I'd love to be able to wear them and not worry about the length getting too short.

These have whatever "antiquing" they do to them at the factory, but I don't know if they actually pre-wash them any. (The indigo is still pretty dark.) Anybody know if they shrink in length?

If they do shrink much in length, are they any tricks (aside from never washing them) to keep the length around the same?


They're washed; if they shrink, it will only be marginal.
post #120 of 1162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo-T View Post
They're washed; if they shrink, it will only be marginal.

Beautiful... Thank you!
So I guess there's no point in wearing them in the bathtub, and that whole thing?

Thanks again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official LVC thread***