Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross BNWT, 32x32 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Richmond 100% cotton stretch slim fit distressed, 34x33 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:45am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on Yesterday at 6:36 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 8:26 am in Streetwear and Denim
- John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread Last post on Today at 12:14 pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official LVC thread*** - Page 69post #1021 of 12052/28/13 at 7:13pmI have had various lvc jeans and the only real shrinkage I have had is with raw denim. I personally think you will get minimum shrinkage unless the 1 wash at 20 degrees Celsius. I wash all my clothes at 30 degrees Celsius for comparison and have had no shrinkage on one wash jeans that does not stretch out.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1022 of 12052/28/13 at 7:28pmpost #1023 of 12052/28/13 at 8:13pmpost #1024 of 12053/1/13 at 3:38ampost #1025 of 12053/1/13 at 3:44ampost #1026 of 12053/1/13 at 3:53ampost #1027 of 12053/1/13 at 7:41amOk, so I snagged some jeans last night. 501s 1954 ruffed up, loved ones and beebops and a couple of 519 Bedford. I'll probably send back at least one pair of jeans as I am more of a chino guy when not at work (trousers while at work). I ordered true to size. It was hard to get consistent information on sizing, so if this was a mistake, please let me know.... None of the 1954s were labeled as STF... Too bad about that
Anyway, while I have tried to educate myself on chinos and trousers, I have never looked into jeans because they are not my thing so much. In fact, until these jeans arrive, my jean inventory consist of old hollister jeans... Which would have been fine, since I rarely wear them. But good jeans for under $100 are hard to pass up! so my question is, what makes these jeans better than sevens or true religions or any of the other now overly saturated "high end" jeans... Do you guys know for certain what makes these qualitatively better, or is it just that levis has a long history and is a more subtle approach?
Thanks for the help!post #1028 of 12053/1/13 at 7:01pm^ I ordered the same models as you. Originally I ordered a bunch of STF models. I take a 33.5" inseam, though, so those were all going to be way too short after shrinking (34 was the longest inseam offered).
The pre-washed/distressed models aren't my favorites, but if they'll fit, I'll take em.post #1029 of 12053/1/13 at 10:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by ChetBakerSings
^ I ordered the same models as you. Originally I ordered a bunch of STF models. I take a 33.5" inseam, though, so those were all going to be way too short after shrinking (34 was the longest inseam offered).
The pre-washed/distressed models aren't my favorites, but if they'll fit, I'll take em.
So I do not know if this was a problem for everybody, but I found out about the sale from This fits on tumblr. Later, someone posted a comment on this fits saying that the length and width description were messed up for the sale. IDK if it is really the case or not, but just so you know.
Luckily I am 32/32, so I am safe ;)
Here is a link to This Fits. The post I am referring to is just a few down. http://thisfits.mepost #1030 of 12053/1/13 at 10:50pm^ Yep, I called and confirmed that the waist and inseam were mixed up.
I got lucky too: I am a 36 waist. I had thought the largest size offered was a 34, so I ordered 34 x 36, planning to hold onto them for when I lost some weight. I was glad to learn about the mistake and that they were my size after all.post #1031 of 12053/2/13 at 3:34pmpost #1032 of 12053/2/13 at 7:31pmpost #1033 of 12053/3/13 at 12:40pmpost #1034 of 12053/4/13 at 11:46amPeace, we've got a small order this Spring, but I think we picked some strong pieces. I've seen a few posts about the 519 Bedford Pant, and I too am a fan (I've got big legs, so I can't quite pull them off correctly lol). We did them in Dusty Rose this season. Here's our intern in a fit pic: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Any questions regarding fit or anything, I can chime in as well.
- ***The official LVC thread***
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Anyone interested in joining me in a bulk order of 13" Tailors'... 52 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan