Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross BNWT, 32x32 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Richmond 100% cotton stretch slim fit distressed, 34x33 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:45am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 8/29/15 at 9:12am in Streetwear and Denim
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:39 pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official LVC thread*** - Page 69post #1021 of 12152/28/13 at 7:13pmI have had various lvc jeans and the only real shrinkage I have had is with raw denim. I personally think you will get minimum shrinkage unless the 1 wash at 20 degrees Celsius. I wash all my clothes at 30 degrees Celsius for comparison and have had no shrinkage on one wash jeans that does not stretch out.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1022 of 12152/28/13 at 7:28pmpost #1023 of 12152/28/13 at 8:13pmpost #1024 of 12153/1/13 at 3:38ampost #1025 of 12153/1/13 at 3:44ampost #1026 of 12153/1/13 at 3:53ampost #1027 of 12153/1/13 at 7:41amOk, so I snagged some jeans last night. 501s 1954 ruffed up, loved ones and beebops and a couple of 519 Bedford. I'll probably send back at least one pair of jeans as I am more of a chino guy when not at work (trousers while at work). I ordered true to size. It was hard to get consistent information on sizing, so if this was a mistake, please let me know.... None of the 1954s were labeled as STF... Too bad about that
Anyway, while I have tried to educate myself on chinos and trousers, I have never looked into jeans because they are not my thing so much. In fact, until these jeans arrive, my jean inventory consist of old hollister jeans... Which would have been fine, since I rarely wear them. But good jeans for under $100 are hard to pass up! so my question is, what makes these jeans better than sevens or true religions or any of the other now overly saturated "high end" jeans... Do you guys know for certain what makes these qualitatively better, or is it just that levis has a long history and is a more subtle approach?
Thanks for the help!post #1028 of 12153/1/13 at 7:01pm^ I ordered the same models as you. Originally I ordered a bunch of STF models. I take a 33.5" inseam, though, so those were all going to be way too short after shrinking (34 was the longest inseam offered).
The pre-washed/distressed models aren't my favorites, but if they'll fit, I'll take em.post #1029 of 12153/1/13 at 10:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by ChetBakerSings
^ I ordered the same models as you. Originally I ordered a bunch of STF models. I take a 33.5" inseam, though, so those were all going to be way too short after shrinking (34 was the longest inseam offered).
The pre-washed/distressed models aren't my favorites, but if they'll fit, I'll take em.
So I do not know if this was a problem for everybody, but I found out about the sale from This fits on tumblr. Later, someone posted a comment on this fits saying that the length and width description were messed up for the sale. IDK if it is really the case or not, but just so you know.
Luckily I am 32/32, so I am safe ;)
Here is a link to This Fits. The post I am referring to is just a few down. http://thisfits.mepost #1030 of 12153/1/13 at 10:50pm^ Yep, I called and confirmed that the waist and inseam were mixed up.
I got lucky too: I am a 36 waist. I had thought the largest size offered was a 34, so I ordered 34 x 36, planning to hold onto them for when I lost some weight. I was glad to learn about the mistake and that they were my size after all.post #1031 of 12153/2/13 at 3:34pmpost #1032 of 12153/2/13 at 7:31pmpost #1033 of 12153/3/13 at 12:40pmpost #1034 of 12153/4/13 at 11:46amPeace, we've got a small order this Spring, but I think we picked some strong pieces. I've seen a few posts about the 519 Bedford Pant, and I too am a fan (I've got big legs, so I can't quite pull them off correctly lol). We did them in Dusty Rose this season. Here's our intern in a fit pic: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Any questions regarding fit or anything, I can chime in as well.
- ***The official LVC thread***
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Motorcycles 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 8 minutes ago
- › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please 8 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 13 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 16 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 23 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 25 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015