Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross BNWT, 32x32 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Richmond 100% cotton stretch slim fit distressed, 34x33 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:45am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 12:38 pm in Streetwear and Denim
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official LVC thread*** - Page 69post #1021 of 12462/28/13 at 7:13pmI have had various lvc jeans and the only real shrinkage I have had is with raw denim. I personally think you will get minimum shrinkage unless the 1 wash at 20 degrees Celsius. I wash all my clothes at 30 degrees Celsius for comparison and have had no shrinkage on one wash jeans that does not stretch out.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1022 of 12462/28/13 at 7:28pmpost #1023 of 12462/28/13 at 8:13pmpost #1024 of 12463/1/13 at 3:38ampost #1025 of 12463/1/13 at 3:44ampost #1026 of 12463/1/13 at 3:53ampost #1027 of 12463/1/13 at 7:41amOk, so I snagged some jeans last night. 501s 1954 ruffed up, loved ones and beebops and a couple of 519 Bedford. I'll probably send back at least one pair of jeans as I am more of a chino guy when not at work (trousers while at work). I ordered true to size. It was hard to get consistent information on sizing, so if this was a mistake, please let me know.... None of the 1954s were labeled as STF... Too bad about that
Anyway, while I have tried to educate myself on chinos and trousers, I have never looked into jeans because they are not my thing so much. In fact, until these jeans arrive, my jean inventory consist of old hollister jeans... Which would have been fine, since I rarely wear them. But good jeans for under $100 are hard to pass up! so my question is, what makes these jeans better than sevens or true religions or any of the other now overly saturated "high end" jeans... Do you guys know for certain what makes these qualitatively better, or is it just that levis has a long history and is a more subtle approach?
Thanks for the help!post #1028 of 12463/1/13 at 7:01pm^ I ordered the same models as you. Originally I ordered a bunch of STF models. I take a 33.5" inseam, though, so those were all going to be way too short after shrinking (34 was the longest inseam offered).
The pre-washed/distressed models aren't my favorites, but if they'll fit, I'll take em.post #1029 of 12463/1/13 at 10:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by ChetBakerSings
^ I ordered the same models as you. Originally I ordered a bunch of STF models. I take a 33.5" inseam, though, so those were all going to be way too short after shrinking (34 was the longest inseam offered).
The pre-washed/distressed models aren't my favorites, but if they'll fit, I'll take em.
So I do not know if this was a problem for everybody, but I found out about the sale from This fits on tumblr. Later, someone posted a comment on this fits saying that the length and width description were messed up for the sale. IDK if it is really the case or not, but just so you know.
Luckily I am 32/32, so I am safe ;)
Here is a link to This Fits. The post I am referring to is just a few down. http://thisfits.mepost #1030 of 12463/1/13 at 10:50pm^ Yep, I called and confirmed that the waist and inseam were mixed up.
I got lucky too: I am a 36 waist. I had thought the largest size offered was a 34, so I ordered 34 x 36, planning to hold onto them for when I lost some weight. I was glad to learn about the mistake and that they were my size after all.post #1031 of 12463/2/13 at 3:34pmpost #1032 of 12463/2/13 at 7:31pmpost #1033 of 12463/3/13 at 12:40pmpost #1034 of 12463/4/13 at 11:46amPeace, we've got a small order this Spring, but I think we picked some strong pieces. I've seen a few posts about the 519 Bedford Pant, and I too am a fan (I've got big legs, so I can't quite pull them off correctly lol). We did them in Dusty Rose this season. Here's our intern in a fit pic: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Any questions regarding fit or anything, I can chime in as well.
- ***The official LVC thread***
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › Poor man's watch thread 1 minute ago
- › [FS] Timberland Premium Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › [FS] Timberland Premium Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 11 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 13 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 15 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 18 minutes ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.