Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD | NWT-INCOTEX Jeans Blue Light Wash Slim Fit size 29 Last post on 2/22/16 at 8:15pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross, 32x32, BNWT Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Richmond 100% cotton stretch slim fit distressed, 34x33 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:45am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on Today at 4:58 am in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official LVC thread*** - Page 69post #1021 of 12532/28/13 at 7:13pmI have had various lvc jeans and the only real shrinkage I have had is with raw denim. I personally think you will get minimum shrinkage unless the 1 wash at 20 degrees Celsius. I wash all my clothes at 30 degrees Celsius for comparison and have had no shrinkage on one wash jeans that does not stretch out.post #1022 of 12532/28/13 at 7:28pmpost #1023 of 12532/28/13 at 8:13pmpost #1024 of 12533/1/13 at 3:38ampost #1025 of 12533/1/13 at 3:44ampost #1026 of 12533/1/13 at 3:53ampost #1027 of 12533/1/13 at 7:41amOk, so I snagged some jeans last night. 501s 1954 ruffed up, loved ones and beebops and a couple of 519 Bedford. I'll probably send back at least one pair of jeans as I am more of a chino guy when not at work (trousers while at work). I ordered true to size. It was hard to get consistent information on sizing, so if this was a mistake, please let me know.... None of the 1954s were labeled as STF... Too bad about that
Anyway, while I have tried to educate myself on chinos and trousers, I have never looked into jeans because they are not my thing so much. In fact, until these jeans arrive, my jean inventory consist of old hollister jeans... Which would have been fine, since I rarely wear them. But good jeans for under $100 are hard to pass up! so my question is, what makes these jeans better than sevens or true religions or any of the other now overly saturated "high end" jeans... Do you guys know for certain what makes these qualitatively better, or is it just that levis has a long history and is a more subtle approach?
Thanks for the help!post #1028 of 12533/1/13 at 7:01pm^ I ordered the same models as you. Originally I ordered a bunch of STF models. I take a 33.5" inseam, though, so those were all going to be way too short after shrinking (34 was the longest inseam offered).
The pre-washed/distressed models aren't my favorites, but if they'll fit, I'll take em.post #1029 of 12533/1/13 at 10:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by ChetBakerSings
^ I ordered the same models as you. Originally I ordered a bunch of STF models. I take a 33.5" inseam, though, so those were all going to be way too short after shrinking (34 was the longest inseam offered).
The pre-washed/distressed models aren't my favorites, but if they'll fit, I'll take em.
So I do not know if this was a problem for everybody, but I found out about the sale from This fits on tumblr. Later, someone posted a comment on this fits saying that the length and width description were messed up for the sale. IDK if it is really the case or not, but just so you know.
Luckily I am 32/32, so I am safe ;)
Here is a link to This Fits. The post I am referring to is just a few down. http://thisfits.mepost #1030 of 12533/1/13 at 10:50pm^ Yep, I called and confirmed that the waist and inseam were mixed up.
I got lucky too: I am a 36 waist. I had thought the largest size offered was a 34, so I ordered 34 x 36, planning to hold onto them for when I lost some weight. I was glad to learn about the mistake and that they were my size after all.post #1031 of 12533/2/13 at 3:34pmpost #1032 of 12533/2/13 at 7:31pmpost #1033 of 12533/3/13 at 12:40pmpost #1034 of 12533/4/13 at 11:46amPeace, we've got a small order this Spring, but I think we picked some strong pieces. I've seen a few posts about the 519 Bedford Pant, and I too am a fan (I've got big legs, so I can't quite pull them off correctly lol). We did them in Dusty Rose this season. Here's our intern in a fit pic: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Any questions regarding fit or anything, I can chime in as well.post #1035 of 12533/10/13 at 4:23pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang MTM Navy Suit (VBC Wool) - Fits Slim 36 6 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 11 minutes ago
- › My First Suit....Please Help 11 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 12 minutes ago
- › Cigars 13 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...